The coming religious holiday

Ahhhhh, yup..... "studies"... :rofl2: I'm supposed to believe that "studies" show that fossils somehow penetrate impermeable rock in order to transform into oil and natural gas. hahahahahahahahahaha

Where do you get this shit? Seriously no one thinks that way.

Let me tell you from the perspective of someone who studied organic geochemistry in grad school:

Fossil Fuels is a common parlance term for what happens when organic material (such as plants, algae and bacteria) are buried deeply and thermally break down to form smaller hydrocarbons like oil or break down to form large organic molecules like coal.

They are organic in that they are mainly C, H, O, N, etc.

In the formation of oil the organics break down in a specific way and the lighter hydrocarbons which are created move out of the "source rock" (a shale, for example) and migrate over into a "reservoir rock" which is more porous and permeable. That is where we put oil wells so they can pull the fluid out of the pores.

In the formation of coal the organics break down in ways to make a solid material that is mainly C, H, O and a few other elements. This can be burned to produce energy as well

Now I know you didn't read this far because there was too much information for your simple little brain. But trust me when I say that we can easily see the original chemical signatures in the oil or the coal. In oil we have biomarkers like porphyrin rings which derive from the breakdown of chlorophyl, or pristane and phytane which are from the hydrocarbon tail that hangs off a chlorophyl molecule. In the coal itself we can see actual STRUCTURES that were the cell walls of the plants. Even the tracheids in plant cell walls still remain in some coal "macerals" (the organic version of "minerals" if you will).

No, but apparently YOU think that those things magickally appear out of fossils.

You don't even know the basics of this topic. Why do you insist on posting your bullshit?

You worship the religion of oil and coal. You think they magickally appear out of nowhere with proof of life everywhere.

Hahahahahahaaahaahahaha
Oil is not a religion. Coal is not a religion. Natural gas is not a religion.
You are still ignoring the Fischer-Tropsche process and how it relates to conditions underground as a naturally occurring reaction. You are also ignoring how wells refill if you stop pumping oil out for a year or two. You are also ignoring the depth of some oil wells, well below any fossil layer.

Fossils themselves don't burn. They are also not a liquid or a gas.

Where do you get this shit? Seriously no one thinks that way.
You don't get to speak for everyone. Omniscience fallacy.
Let me tell you from the perspective of someone who studied organic geochemistry in grad school:
There is no such thing as 'geochemistry'. Buzzword fallacy.
Fossil Fuels is a common parlance term for what happens when organic material (such as plants, algae and bacteria) are buried deeply and thermally break down to form smaller hydrocarbons like oil or break down to form large organic molecules like coal.
Fossils aren't organic. Plants are not hydrocarbons. Carbon is not organic.
They are organic in that they are mainly C, H, O, N, etc.
Carbon is not organic. Hydrogen is not organic. Oxygen is not organic. Nitrogen is not organic.
In the formation of oil the organics break down in a specific way
No organic anything at the depth of some wells.
and the lighter hydrocarbons which are created move out of the "source rock" (a shale, for example) and migrate over into a "reservoir rock" which is more porous and permeable. That is where we put oil wells so they can pull the fluid out of the pores.
Crude oil is a mixture of many lengths of hydrocarbons. Plants are not hydrocarbons. Oil can be found anywhere you care to dig a well, as long as you are willing to go deep enough. Oil is closest to the surface at the edges of tectonic plates, particularly where spreading action is taking place.

In the formation of coal the organics break down in ways to make a solid material that is mainly C, H, O and a few other elements. This can be burned to produce energy as well
Carbon isn't organic. Hydrogen isn't organic. Oxygen isn't organic. Plants are not hydrocarbons. Coal is not a hydrocarbon.
Now I know you didn't read this far because there was too much information for your simple little brain.
Trust me...I've heard your sort of religion before.
But trust me when I say that we can easily see the original chemical signatures in the oil or the coal.
No 'signatures'. No one is down there signing this stuff.
In oil we have biomarkers like porphyrin rings which derive from the breakdown of chlorophyl, or pristane and phytane which are from the hydrocarbon tail that hangs off a chlorophyl molecule.
Chlorophyl is not a hydrocarbon. Pristane is not a hydrocarbon. Phytane is not a hydrocarbon. Hydrocarbons are not a ring molecule. There is no such thing as a 'biomarker'. Buzzword fallacy.
In the coal itself we can see actual STRUCTURES that were the cell walls of the plants.
Carbon has no cell walls.
Even the tracheids in plant cell walls still remain in some coal "macerals" (the organic version of "minerals" if you will).
Minerals are not organic.
You don't even know the basics of this topic. Why do you insist on posting your bullshit?
Your religion is not science.

You don't get to speak for everyone. Omniscience fallacy.

There is no such thing as 'geochemistry'. Buzzword fallacy.

Fossils aren't organic. Plants are not hydrocarbons. Carbon is not organic.

Carbon is not organic. Hydrogen is not organic. Oxygen is not organic. Nitrogen is not organic.

No organic anything at the depth of some wells.

Crude oil is a mixture of many lengths of hydrocarbons. Plants are not hydrocarbons. Oil can be found anywhere you care to dig a well, as long as you are willing to go deep enough. Oil is closest to the surface at the edges of tectonic plates, particularly where spreading action is taking place.

Carbon isn't organic. Hydrogen isn't organic. Oxygen isn't organic. Plants are not hydrocarbons. Coal is not a hydrocarbon.

Trust me...I've heard your sort of religion before.

No 'signatures'. No one is down there signing this stuff.

Chlorophyl is not a hydrocarbon. Pristane is not a hydrocarbon. Phytane is not a hydrocarbon. Hydrocarbons are not a ring molecule. There is no such thing as a 'biomarker'. Buzzword fallacy.

Carbon has no cell walls.

Minerals are not organic.

Your religion is not science.

Why do you post shit like this? Does it get you off? Ewwww. Pretty much everything you posted here is pure unadulterated shit.

All you ever do is deny basic science. "There's no such thing as geochemistry". LOL. What a moron.

You worship the religion of oil and coal.
What is this "oil and coal" religion of which you speak?
You think they magickally appear out of nowhere with proof of life everywhere.

Hahahahahahaaahaahahaha
There's no "magick" involved with hydrocarbon formation. Oil and natural gas naturally form underground (underneath impermeable rock) where the intense heat and pressure conditions that are required to form them naturally exist.

There's no "magick" involved with hydrocarbon formation. Oil and natural gas naturally form underground (underneath impermeable rock) where the intense heat and pressure conditions that are required to form them naturally exist.
Why is that important to you? You think there is a conspiracy to keep the oil companies rich?

Yes heat and pressure are involved. But there has to be a source of the carbon and hydrogen. That source is organic matter like algae, plants and bacteria.

They don't form "spontaneously" from nothing.

Why do you post shit like this? Does it get you off? Ewwww. Pretty much everything you posted here is pure unadulterated shit.

All you ever do is deny basic science. "There's no such thing as geochemistry". LOL. What a moron.
There is no such thing as 'geochemistry' in science.
It is YOU denying theories of science. You cannot blame your problems on me or anybody else.

Yes heat and pressure are involved. But there has to be a source of the carbon and hydrogen. That source is organic matter like algae, plants and bacteria.

They don't form "spontaneously" from nothing.
Carbon isn't organic.
Oil is found well below any layer of vegetation.

See the Fischer-Tropsche process and how it relates to natural conditions underground.
Carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, and hydrogen exist underground, well below any vegetation or fossil layer.

Oil is found well below any layer of vegetation.

Yes. Yes it is.

See the Fischer-Tropsche process and how it relates to natural conditions underground.

Gawd, now I'm going to have suffer through you hamfisting your way through organic chemistry???? Oh god.... Please no!

Carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, and hydrogen exist underground, well below any vegetation or fossil layer.

Le sigh. I wish you had the brain power to actually discuss this. But you don't. You are literally the biggest time waste on this forum.

Back