The constitution does NOT give rights to illegal aliens.

The first 7 words of the constitution are "we the people of the united states" and that makes it clear that "people" means citizens.

Liberals say the courts have granted rights to illegal invaders but the constitution says courts cannot write laws. "All legislative powers herein granted shall be vested in a congress of the united states."

Neither are courts allowed to rewrite the constitution and call it an interpretation. If you want to change the constitution you have to go thru the amending process as spelled out in the constitution itself.

Of course the whole ideal of illegal invaders having constitutional rights is just absurd.

this post is highly indicative of the ignorance of Americans today. That you don't understand that the constitution does not give or grant rights is not surprising, but extremely dangerous and contributes to the restriction of liberty and freedom that both liberals and conservatives strive for. YOU are most of whats wrong with America today.

Liberals need to read this and become informed.

But this court held, in the case of Fong Yue Ting v. U. S., 149 U.S. 698 , 13 Sup. Ct. 1016, that the right to exclude or to expel aliens, or any class of aliens, absolutely or upon certain conditions, in war or in peace, is an inherent and inalienable right of every sovereign and independent nation; that the power of congress to expel, like the power to exclude, aliens or any class of aliens from the country, may be exercised entirely through executive officers; and that the said sixth section of the act of May 5, 1892, was constitutional and valid.

this is just one reason why the courts should be considered irrelevant. we the people did not give any government entity a 'right', but were given 'powers' prescribed via the articles in the constitution. only people have rights.

The constitution does NOT grant illegals any rights. Federal congress may grant them some rights as may the states. THINK

Now you're telling us illegals are not persons. Or when they are accused of a crime, they are not really "the accused".

Fucking moron.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

DUE Process dimwit; not rights afforded citizens of the United States. What is wrong with you liberal retards?

But while in the U. S. they still have the same rights. You never heard of any illegal (or legal) alien being deprived free speech, free press, free religion, etc. And due process rights include a lot--4th-8th Amendments.

You shouldn't call other people dimwit when you have yet to show any evidence, court decision, or example of any alien being deprived any right under the Constitution. This belief is not limited to "liberal retards" but to anybody, liberal or conservative, with any knowledge of the Constitution. Still waiting for one example.

this is just one reason why the courts should be considered irrelevant. we the people did not give any government entity a 'right', but were given 'powers' prescribed via the articles in the constitution. only people have rights.

The above isn't about citizens rights, it's about Governments primary responsibility to defend and protect our borders.

The above isn't about citizens rights, it's about Governments primary responsibility to defend and protect our borders.

this is also wrong. the constitution SPECIFICALLY states that governments PRIMARY responsibility is protecting the rights of the people. protecting borders is slightly lower on the list.

But while in the U. S. they still have the same rights. You never heard of any illegal (or legal) alien being deprived free speech, free press, free religion, etc. And due process rights include a lot--4th-8th Amendments.

No; they only have the right of due process, the right to an attorney and the presumption of innocence before proven guilty. Please show me the Constitutional passage that extends the same Constitutional rights of citizens onto illegal aliens.

You shouldn't call other people dimwit when you have yet to show any evidence, court decision, or example of any alien being deprived any right under the Constitution. This belief is not limited to "liberal retards" but to anybody, liberal or conservative, with any knowledge of the Constitution. Still waiting for one example.

I am waiting for ONE example that supports your idiotic contention that illegals have Constitutional rights.

No; they only have the right of due process, the right to an attorney and the presumption of innocence before proven guilty. Please show me the Constitutional passage that extends the same Constitutional rights of citizens onto illegal aliens.

I am waiting for ONE example that supports your idiotic contention that illegals have Constitutional rights.

Constitutional rights are not conditional upon citizenship.

That homeschooled fuck never made it past 8th grade.

How would you know, DEMOCRAT?

Loser.

:rofl2:

I have little to no patience with liars or the willfully ignorant. Both are choices that cretinous and foolish people make. We are all ignorant of certain things, but to remain willfully so is inexcusable. - I have little to no patience with liars or the willfully ignorant. Both are choices that cretinous and foolish people make. We are all ignorant of certain things, but to remain willfully so is inexcusable. - I have little to no patience with liars or the willfully ignorant. Both are choices that cretinous and foolish people make. We are all ignorant of certain things, but to remain willfully so is inexcusable. - I have little to no patience with liars or the willfully ignorant. Both are choices that cretinous and foolish people make. We are all ignorant of certain things, but to remain willfully so is inexcusable. - I have little to no patience with liars or the willfully ignorant. Both are choices that cretinous and foolish people make. We are all ignorant of certain things, but to remain willfully so is inexcusable. - I have little to no patience with liars or the willfully ignorant. Both are choices that cretinous and foolish people make. We are all ignorant of certain things, but to remain willfully so is inexcusable. - I have little to no patience with liars or the willfully ignorant. Both are choices that cretinous and foolish people make. We are all ignorant of certain things, but to remain willfully so is inexcusable. - I have little to no patience with liars or the willfully ignorant. Both are choices that cretinous and foolish people make. We are all ignorant of certain things, but to remain willfully so is inexcusable. - I have little to no patience with liars or the willfully ignorant. Both are choices that cretinous and foolish people make. We are all ignorant of certain things, but to remain willfully so is inexcusable. - I have little to no patience with liars or the willfully ignorant. Both are choices that cretinous and foolish people make. We are all ignorant of certain things, but to remain willfully so is inexcusable. -

this is also wrong. the constitution SPECIFICALLY states that governments PRIMARY responsibility is protecting the rights of the people. protecting borders is slightly lower on the list.

Please show me where this is found in the Constitution. The Constitution does not state that Government has to protect the "rights" of those entering the country ILLEGALLY.

maybe you can point out where the constitution grants rights, period.

Constitutional rights are not conditional upon citizenship.

They ONLY apply to citizens. If you enter the country ILLEGALLY, you are expelled upon illegal entry. If you escape discovery being here ILLEGALLY and commit a crime, you have the right to DUE process and then once found guilty, incarcerated or sent back to the country of origin to be incarcerated.

You can't vote, you cannot work, you cannot obtain Government benefits or a drivers license etc etc etc.

Please show me ANY evidence to the contrary. Right now, all I am seeing is a lot of huffing and puffing and bloviating.

maybe you can point out where the constitution grants rights, period.

You're the idiots who claim that illegals have Constitutional rights; yet have provided NOTHING to support that moronic assertion. How about you point out where it says ILLEGAL aliens have Constitutional rights. I'll wait.

They ONLY apply to citizens. If you enter the country ILLEGALLY, you are expelled upon illegal entry. If you escape discovery being here ILLEGALLY and commit a crime, you have the right to DUE process and then once found guilty, incarcerated or sent back to the country of origin to be incarcerated.

You can't vote, you cannot work, you cannot obtain Government benefits or a drivers license etc etc etc.

Please show me ANY evidence to the contrary. Right now, all I am seeing is a lot of huffing and puffing and bloviating.

You are flat out wrong

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-bl...yes-illegal-aliens-have-constitutional-rights

The U.S. Supreme Court settled the issue well over a century ago. But even before the court laid the issue to rest, a principal author of the Constitution, James Madison, the fourth president of the United States, wrote: "that as they [aliens], owe, on the one hand, a temporary obedience, they are entitled, in return, to their [constitutional] protection and advantage."

More recently, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled in Zadvydas v. Davis (2001) that "due process" of the 14th Amendment applies to all aliens in the United States whose presence maybe or is "unlawful, involuntary or transitory."

Twenty years before Zadvydas, the Supreme Court ruled that the state of Texas could not enforce a state law that prohibited illegally present children from attending grade schools, as all other Texas children were required to attend.

The court ruled in Plyler that:

The illegal aliens who are ... challenging the state may claim the benefit of the Equal Protection clause which provides that no state shall 'deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.' Whatever his status under immigration laws, an alien is a 'person' in any ordinary sense of the term ... the undocumented status of these children does not establish a sufficient rational basis for denying benefits that the state affords other residents.

A decade before Plyler, the court ruled in Almeida-Sanchez v. United States (1973) that all criminal charge-related elements of the Constitution's amendments (the First, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth and the 14th) such as search and seizure, self-incrimination, trial by jury and due process, protect non-citizens, legally or illegally present.

You can apologize now

Please show me where this is found in the Constitution. The Constitution does not state that Government has to protect the "rights" of those entering the country ILLEGALLY.

the government is given it's RESTRICTIONS of power through the limits of the constitution. the preamble states the primary objectives of the government.

You're the idiots who claim that illegals have Constitutional rights; yet have provided NOTHING to support that moronic assertion. How about you point out where it says ILLEGAL aliens have Constitutional rights. I'll wait.

the constitution says NOTHING about who has rights, but is very clear on the limits of government. Given that particular limitation, it can only be concluded that PEOPLE have rights, here legally or not.

Back