The "Fair" Tax is a welfare scam

pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, they just label it something else immie, something with a real pretty name, like "clear skys initiative" or "healthy forrest plan"...it may not be labeled a tax credit, but IT WILL BE A CREDIT of some sort NONE THE LESS!

how does a CONSUMPTION tax prevent congress from giving an incentive? It doesn't immie? Why would you think it would? Who did you believe that TOLD YOU it would?

Obvoiusly Care, you don't have a clue about how advantageous those tax credits are. When there are no income taxes there are no tax credits or tax incentives.

Immie

Obvoiusly Care, you don't have a clue about how advantageous those tax credits are. When there are no income taxes there are no tax credits or tax incentives.

Immie

Immie, I will REPEAT and paste, FOR THE THIRD TIME one of my posts about this....please read it. If you don;t understand what I am saying, then could you please ask me some questions about it so that I can clarrify anything you don't understand.

I still don't see how it would be any different, they can still legislate law in other ways to accomodate their friends, like laxing Epa Regulations, absolving the payment of land lease fees in the gulf of mexico worth billions to the tax payer, paying for the pipeline from ANWR to the mainland states for the oil companies, giving credits for building new refineries, rewriting bankruptcy laws in the FAVOR of the bank without requiring them to pass these savings on to the customer, Pill bill legislation where the HMO'S AND PHARMA made out like bandits, especiall pharma not having to negotiate bulk discounts and locking us out of Canada...

Tax credits do not need to be issued immie, to give favorable legislation to the Lobbyist for the big campaign donor...

nothing CHANGES in the corruption ARENA OF THE CONGRESSMEN...nothing! :(

And as I have also mention, this does nothing to halt the wasteful spending in congress, or the corruption there...

Immie, I will REPEAT and paste, FOR THE THIRD TIME one of my posts about this....please read it. If you don;t understand what I am saying, then could you please ask me some questions about it so that I can clarrify anything you don't understand.

I still don't see how it would be any different, they can still legislate law in other ways to accomodate their friends, like laxing Epa Regulations, absolving the payment of land lease fees in the gulf of mexico worth billions to the tax payer, paying for the pipeline from ANWR to the mainland states for the oil companies, giving credits for building new refineries, rewriting bankruptcy laws in the FAVOR of the bank without requiring them to pass these savings on to the customer, Pill bill legislation where the HMO'S AND PHARMA made out like bandits, especiall pharma not having to negotiate bulk discounts and locking us out of Canada...

Tax credits do not need to be issued immie, to give favorable legislation to the Lobbyist for the big campaign donor...

nothing CHANGES in the corruption ARENA OF THE CONGRESSMEN...nothing! :(

And as I have also mention, this does nothing to halt the wasteful spending in congress, or the corruption there...

Obviously you have not read my replies to that. Once again, no one said it would eliminate all power; however, it would reduce the value of the power wielding that Congress holds on America.

Why do you ignore the other benefits such as the fact that everyone will get 100% of their paychecks without having 20-30% taken out in taxes every week or that no one will have to file a tax return or that the poor and everyone else receive a monthly check to cover the taxes that would be paid for necessities?

Don't you think an extra $450/mo might just help a poor family of 4 more than it would the rich? Don't you care about that poor family? No, I don't think you really do.

Now, I ask why do you ALWAYS expect me to answer your posts, but you ALWAYS ignore mine and everyone else's that you don't want to deal with?

Immie

Last edited:

Another set of issues that needs to be dealt with but with people such as yourself who prefer to leave things in the status quo these items will continue to be ignored.

Immie

Why is it that everytime someone presents questions to Care she suddenly disappears? I guess someday I will come to realize this and quit asking.

Immie

It's actually ironic that this is coming from the right.

A Guaranteed minimum income has been a staple of radical liberal platforms for the past 200 years, and in 1972, when the Democrats were their most liberal, they put it into their platform, but they had to take it out whenever the national politics swung to the right a few years later.

I agree with the Author, and do not think a consumption tax or fair tax would be any better than the income tax structure that we have now.....

I disagree with you Klaatu.... :)

p.s. How's that Florida blood doing up there, at home in the cold? Had snow yet? Here we are in Maine and "niente" (nothing!) .... well, not yet, and that's a good thing cuz the cabin we are renting is on a gravel, and very steep road....with no one around....

Back