The "Fair" Tax is a welfare scam

It was my POST that YOU neglected to read and ignored earlier in the thread, probably so you could PRETEND that you are still right about YOUR silly assertions that this new tax method will curb congress....

it won't, it is not the answer to anything that is going on right now...
congress will still have the same amount of money to spend and can still give their big gun contributors everything they want....imho.

plus they can raise the sales tax whenever they please, and even EASIER THAN raising income tax rates.....?

Spending is the problem, wasteful spending, and spending alone...by congress will continue under whatever new tax structure we proclaim will save us from it....its smoke and mirrors at this point....

we need restrictions on spending such as paygo, to stop the spending like there is no tomorrow.

care

You are a fool Care who only wants to continue her death grip on America.

I did not ignore your post and I still do not believe it came from your fingertips. I did not go back and read every single post. I simply did not see it. Yet you ignore my post. Why would you not want a poor family to have a possible $200 - 300/month negative tax?

Immie

They seem to have that now with EIC Immie.

precisely uscit!

these guys can only barrage me with PERSONAL INSULTS to defend their plan of tax perfectness...

they don't debate the issue just continue to call names...hmmm...must make them feel BIGGER than they really are I guess?

I have tried to debate this issue, but they are not willing to debate it...guess that means it must be a VERY WEAK PLAN, don't ya think?

care ;)

I don't understand what you mean immie? Please explain...
care

It is simple. Lobbyists come to our politicians regarding a bill that is going through Congress. Let's say it is a bill regarding an environmental issue that is going to cost IBM hundreds of millions of dollars. IBM hires a lobbyist to convince Congress to drop the bill. Well, that is simply not expedient for Congress, but a Congressman comes up with an amendment to give IBM a special credit or exemption from this rather costly bill. It passes with the amendment and both IBM and the Congressman whose next re-election campaign will be assisted by IBM are very happy. Happens all the time.

Of course, removing that advantage from Congress would reduce the power that they wield. Congressmen and their hacks (like you) are very much against this regardless of how much it could help the poor and needy.

Immie

precisely uscit!

these guys can only barrage me with PERSONAL INSULTS to defend their plan of tax perfectness...

they don't debate the issue just continue to call names...hmmm...must make them feel BIGGER than they really are I guess?

I have tried to debate this issue, but they are not willing to debate it...guess that means it must be a VERY WEAK PLAN, don't ya think?

care ;)

Listen here witch. You are the one that attacks not me.

You haven't even read the plan. You won't even look at what this can do for to poor. You read the liberal talking points and follow them hook line and sinker. Until you read the plan get the fuck off the thread.

Immie

I guess what you want is to leave the status quo. It works for tax cheats and politicans so we should not even look at something that just might be a little better for everyone.

Immie

Listen here witch. You are the one that attacks not me.

You haven't even read the plan. You won't even look at what this can do for to poor. You read the liberal talking points and follow them hook line and sinker. Until you read the plan get the fuck off the thread.

Immie

here we go again....sticks and stones may break my bones but names will NEVER hurt me...

continue.... I'll be waiting....mr, oh so nice and pure...

just an fyi:

every word I posted was my own regarding this...I have expressed my concerns and have continued to ask questions on how things would work...

for you to take my actual words and accuse me of plagerizing is pretty LOW, but hey, you are a "righty" and they can sliver in the slime with the best of them...as shown by you....

There! ya happy? I got a personal cut in there ...JUST FOR YOU! :D

why don't you stick to debate and expound on your knowledge of this subject instead of making up LIES about your opponent and slinging all kinds of made up accusations of what they are thinking?

you owe me an apology....but I won't wait, because an apology is above you.:(

care

I guess what you want is to leave the status quo. It works for tax cheats and politicans so we should not even look at something that just might be a little better for everyone.

Immie

I have already expounded on what I thought would be good...READ THE THREAD.... it was not status quo, as you put it...

here we go again....sticks and stones may break my bones but names will NEVER hurt me...

continue.... I'll be waiting....mr, oh so nice and pure...

just an fyi:

every word I posted was my own regarding this...I have expressed my concerns and have continued to ask questions on how things would work...

for you to take my actual words and accuse me of plagerizing is pretty LOW, but hey, you are a "righty" and they can sliver in the slime with the best of them...as shown by you....

There! ya happy? I got a personal cut in there ...JUST FOR YOU! :D

why don't you stick to debate and expound on your knowledge of this subject instead of making up LIES about your opponent and slinging all kinds of made up accusations of what they are thinking?

you owe me an apology....but I won't wait, because an apology is above you.:(

care

Shove your apology.

I have apologized to you thousands of times and never once received the same kind of treatment.

Immie

I have already expounded on what I thought would be good...READ THE THREAD.... it was not status quo, as you put it...

It is shit just like every other idea you have.

A progressive tax is just more of the same shit we have now and will only translate to more "loopholes" for those who can buy the power. Which is what you want.

Immie

Last edited:
It is simple. Lobbyists come to our politicians regarding a bill that is going through Congress. Let's say it is a bill regarding an environmental issue that is going to cost IBM hundreds of millions of dollars. IBM hires a lobbyist to convince Congress to drop the bill. Well, that is simply not expedient for Congress, but a Congressman comes up with an amendment to give IBM a special credit or exemption from this rather costly bill. It passes with the amendment and both IBM and the Congressman whose next re-election campaign will be assisted by IBM are very happy. Happens all the time.

Of course, removing that advantage from Congress would reduce the power that they wield. Congressmen and their hacks (like you) are very much against this regardless of how much it could help the poor and needy.

Immie

Huh? How does a consumption tax PREVENT YOUR SCENARIO FROM HAPPENING? It does not stop this from happening, no matter how taxes are collected???????

It is shit just like every other idea you have.

Immie
See? this is exactly what I mean...you slew insults without backing anything up, without debating ANYTHING!

sooooooooooooo

What is SHIT about my proposal, what is there about it that is SHIT?

Huh? How does a consumption tax PREVENT YOUR SCENARIO FROM HAPPENING? It does not stop this from happening, no matter how taxes are collected???????

Earth to Care, Earth to Care. Try turning your brain on.

There won't be any tax credits and there won't be any tax loopholes.

And onces again, no one said it would eliminate all power and influence just reduce it some.

Immie

See? this is exactly what I mean...you slew insults without backing anything up, without debating ANYTHING!

sooooooooooooo

What is SHIT about my proposal, what is there about it that is SHIT?

In my frustration I hit enter before finishing the post. See the edit which was completed before this post.

I understand that you probably missed the edit while you were keying this in.

Immie

Earth to Care, Earth to Care. Try turning your brain on.

There won't be any tax credits and there won't be any tax loopholes.

And onces again, no one said it would eliminate all power and influence just reduce it some.

Immie

pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, they just label it something else immie, something with a real pretty name, like "clear skys initiative" or "healthy forrest plan"...it may not be labeled a tax credit, but IT WILL BE A CREDIT of some sort NONE THE LESS!

how does a CONSUMPTION tax prevent congress from giving an incentive? It doesn't immie? Why would you think it would? Who did you believe that TOLD YOU it would?

To tell the truth, so long as it gets them the money they need to operate and keeps them out of my bank accounts it is an improvement even if more of the same continues...

To tell the truth, so long as it gets them the money they need to operate and keeps them out of my bank accounts it is an improvement even if more of the same continues...

Agreed, although that won't happen in this case.

What it will do that will be a major advantage is to keep me from having to file a tax return every year. I will not be paying taxes.

I will get my full paycheck every single pay period without having either FWT, SST or Medicare taken from my check.

That in and of itself will be a huge benefit for me and others especially those who live pay check to paycheck.

Immie

Back