the federalist papers, the documents which kill all the right wing memes

Why should I trade my right to keep things privet and not give my name for a background check?

I don't want to go through any background check.

I don't have to now. Why trade that liberty for security?

Why don't you want to? Why is it such an offense to you?

It's not a liberty....it's a convenience... you can still have as many guns as you want....providing you CAN legally own one....you just have to be inconvenienced for the time it takes to submit to the check.

Why should criminals and madmen have free access to guns just so you don't have to be inconvenienced?

The 2nd Amendment....the 2nd Amendment...that's all you and a few others on here talk about. You act as though it's the only Amendment. Background checks ARE NOT a violation of the 2nd Amendment. If you are legal to own a gun....you can have one....period.

.."the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Where is the part about "if you are legal to own a gun" ?

Registration ? Permits ? Background checks ?

Do you know what "the right of the people"......"shall not be infringed" means ?

want to discuss the federalist papers?

we can start right with number one and work our way through.

The right will be seen for what they are.

You people on the right take the side of the antifederalists and NOT the good ones.

That's exactly right, speaking for myself.

If you followed Hamilton, you wouldn't be demanding the all powerful federal government that you are. that is the only reason you disparage the anti-federalist papers.

Hamilton supported a national bank and believed the country should be in debt in order to further empower the federal government.

The 2nd Amendment....the 2nd Amendment...that's all you and a few others on here talk about. You act as though it's the only Amendment. Background checks ARE NOT a violation of the 2nd Amendment. If you are legal to own a gun....you can have one....period.
did I ask you, you whiny little bitch? NO!!! I asked Desh because she's always denying that the framers were talking about individuals when talking about keeping and bearing arms. so kindly shut up and let her answer my question

It's not a liberty....it's a convenience... you can still have as many guns as you want....providing you CAN legally own one....you just have to be inconvenienced for the time it takes to submit to the check.

Why should criminals and madmen have free access to guns just so you don't have to be inconvenienced?
because it is MY RIGHT to be free from one, that is why.

When they passed the income tax in 1913 they said that only rich people would be bothered with it. But we now know that wasn't the truth.

When they came up with SS they said it was for widows and orphans. Now it seems the world has a right to my money.

I could go on and on.

I don't trust the government for good reason. They're the reason I should have a gun without a background check.

.."the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Where is the part about "if you are legal to own a gun" ?

Registration ? Permits ? Background checks ?

Do you know what "the right of the people"......"shall not be infringed" means ?

Well...if you are a violent offender...or insane....you gave up that particular right.
What part of well regulated don't you get?

One interesting point the antifederalists made was that Article III would effectively end the long established common law practice of juries interpreting the letter and intent of the law. Jury nullification was quite common practice back then.

the right wing likes to tell you they are all constitutiony.

yet they call the founding documents called the federalist papers nothing but pieces of paper?

they mean mountains more than anything you have to say asshole

You really aren't here to say that you believe the Constitution says what it says are you? I would love to discuss the Federalist Papers and the US Constitution but you recognize that if we follow the literal interpretation of the US Constitution you entire worldview would be shelved

Would a background check be a violation of the first amendment? If not why not. And try to do better than guns can kill you. Surely the Founding Fathers knew that. Try to be thoughtful for a change and do a little better than your bogus lottery scheme.

Well...if you are a violent offender...or insane....you gave up that particular right.
What part of well regulated don't you get?

BTW you obviously don't understand the meaning of "regulated" as it was used when the US Constitution was written. It meant "trained" as in do you know how to use a gun. During the war as the militia was recruiting going door to door they would ask "are you regulated"

This discussion would go a whole lot better if you weren't so fucking ignorant.

You are the hallmark of a low information demalquedacrat voter. What you don't know is bad enough. But it is the shit that you think you know that is absolutely wrong that makes you dangerous to our Republic. The fact that you think "regulated" means government control proves it.

BTW you obviously don't understand the meaning of "regulated" as it was used when the US Constitution was written. It meant "trained" as in do you know how to use a gun. During the war as the militia was recruiting going door to door they would ask "are you regulated"

This discussion would go a whole lot better if you weren't so fucking ignorant.

You are the hallmark of a low information demalquedacrat voter. What you don't know is bad enough. But it is the shit that you think you know that is absolutely wrong that makes you dangerous to our Republic. The fact that you think "regulated" means government control proves it.

According to right wing sources...which as we all know are almost exclusively cases of revisionist history. George Washington himself elaborated that in the Militia Act of 1792...Which was a time of great peril to the citizens of our country...it was then revised again in 1796 and lastly in 1903.

According to right wing sources...which as we all know are almost exclusively cases of revisionist history. George Washington himself elaborated that in the Militia Act of 1792...Which was a time of great peril to the citizens of our country...it was then revised again in 1796 and lastly in 1903.

So when your ignorance is exposed your response is to double down with more ignorance by posting about a law that has no bearing on the definition of "regulated"?

I have to give you credit you aren't ashamed by your stupidity. But I guess since you wipe asses for a living and have an old lady that is more successful than you pride left the station along time ago

So when your ignorance is exposed your response is to double down with more ignorance by posting about a law that has no bearing on the definition of "regulated"?

I have to give you credit you aren't ashamed by your stupidity. But I guess since you wipe asses for a living and have an old lady that is more successful than you pride left the station along time ago

I can always tell when I got you...you go directly to my personal life and my occupation.... so I'll reiterate....$21/hr, full benefits and a nice retirement...and I'll STILL be able to collect SS.

enjoy flipping burgers and living in Mom's basement.

Maybe my wife and I will take an early retirement....if we go next year with 25...we get MEDICAL for life.... maybe sell the HOUSE we almost have paid for.... put part of the proceeds into a TRUST for our daughter to finish COLLEGE and move to Belize, Costa Rica, or Mexico...where we can live cheaply.

Back