the federalist papers, the documents which kill all the right wing memes

I can always tell when I got you...you go directly to my personal life and my occupation.... so I'll reiterate....$21/hr, full benefits and a nice retirement...and I'll STILL be able to collect SS.

enjoy flipping burgers and living in Mom's basement.

Maybe my wife and I will take an early retirement....if we go next year with 25...we get MEDICAL for life.... maybe sell the HOUSE we almost have paid for.... put part of the proceeds into a TRUST for our daughter to finish COLLEGE and move to Belize, Costa Rica, or Mexico...where we can live cheaply.

I accept your concession that you didn't know what regulated meant as it pertains to the 2nd Amendment

I can always tell when I got you...you go directly to my personal life and my occupation.... so I'll reiterate....$21/hr, full benefits and a nice retirement...and I'll STILL be able to collect SS.

enjoy flipping burgers and living in Mom's basement.

Maybe my wife and I will take an early retirement....if we go next year with 25...we get MEDICAL for life.... maybe sell the HOUSE we almost have paid for.... put part of the proceeds into a TRUST for our daughter to finish COLLEGE and move to Belize, Costa Rica, or Mexico...where we can live cheaply.

Is this a rate of pay of which you are proud, and do you think burger flippers should be paid as much?

Is this a rate of pay of which you are proud, and do you think burger flippers should be paid as much?

I am satisfied.... that's all that matters. I make a living helping people who can't help themselves and I make decent money doing it.

What I think is that they ought to be paid enough(if they are working to support themselves or have a family) that they don't need to be subsidized to survive.

Whether that's flipping burgers, working at Walmart, or working in a factory.

But what you guys seem to want is to screw them. Take away the subsidies and let whatever happens next happen.

There's a problem with this....first.... let's talk about foreign competition... just about every one of our competitors have a Nationalized Health Care program and Educate their populations according to need and talent.

We don't. We pay for both of those things in a for profit racket.

So, in effect...what you'll be doing is destroying people's lives and leaving them with even less hope than they do now....all so some billionaire can save on taxes.

No wonder you're obsessed with guns. You're policies are guaranteed to put crime through the roof....nothing says crime like starving people.

According to right wing sources...which as we all know are almost exclusively cases of revisionist history. George Washington himself elaborated that in the Militia Act of 1792...Which was a time of great peril to the citizens of our country...it was then revised again in 1796 and lastly in 1903.
and like I told taichi, congress and/or the president cannot change the meaning of the constitution with a simple ACT of law. WE wrote the constitution, not the government.

Bullshit....if that were the case we wouldn't have Amendments or SCOTYS rulings.
there are two ways amendments get added to the constitution. BOTH methods require a vote to ratify by WE THE PEOPLE. If that part doesn't happen, no amendment to the constitution. and SCOTUS? you think SCOTUS can 'constitutionally' change the meaning of the constitution? no, they cannot.

there are two ways amendments get added to the constitution. BOTH methods require a vote to ratify by WE THE PEOPLE. If that part doesn't happen, no amendment to the constitution. and SCOTUS? you think SCOTUS can 'constitutionally' change the meaning of the constitution? no, they cannot.

SCOTUS rules on what is and isn't constitutional. That's how Roe v Wade came to be the rule of the land....and Citizen's United.... and the AHCA.

not everything needs an Amendment...if it did, we'd have hundreds of them.

SCOTUS rules on what is and isn't constitutional. That's how Roe v Wade came to be the rule of the land....and Citizen's United.... and the AHCA.

not everything needs an Amendment...if it did, we'd have hundreds of them.
you have it totally wrong. scotus decides cases, but WE decide constitutionality. our place to do that is jury nullification. it is a complete abuse of power for the courts to decide what is and isn't constitutional. it's how the government has taken our power over our liberty.

I am satisfied.... that's all that matters. I make a living helping people who can't help themselves and I make decent money doing it.

What I think is that they ought to be paid enough(if they are working to support themselves or have a family) that they don't need to be subsidized to survive.

Whether that's flipping burgers, working at Walmart, or working in a factory.

But what you guys seem to want is to screw them. Take away the subsidies and let whatever happens next happen.

There's a problem with this....first.... let's talk about foreign competition... just about every one of our competitors have a Nationalized Health Care program and Educate their populations according to need and talent.

We don't. We pay for both of those things in a for profit racket.

So, in effect...what you'll be doing is destroying people's lives and leaving them with even less hope than they do now....all so some billionaire can save on taxes.

No wonder you're obsessed with guns. You're policies are guaranteed to put crime through the roof....nothing says crime like starving people.

Hmmm, you own self described experience seems to fly in the face of what you say. You have nothing but a high school education (which you received for free). And yet you make $21/hr and you apparently are living quite comfortably.

and like I told taichi, congress and/or the president cannot change the meaning of the constitution with a simple ACT of law. WE wrote the constitution, not the government.

Who do you mean by "we"?

We the people? Who want background checks?

Or we the dictatorship, who will not let the people think freely?

People can't change the meaning of the Constitution but the Constitution can be changed if people aren't stupid enough to ignore the changes in environment.

The PEOPLE run this Country.....not the President,.....not the Congress.....not the Constitution.

We have plenty of smart people today that trump your Constitutional writers and we have plenty of people today that trump your idiot Congress. It's time to learn politics kid.

"We The People" wanted background checks brains...

Republicans (the real dicatator/tyrants) voted down what the American people wanted YET AGAIN.

Welcome to America.

you have it totally wrong. scotus decides cases, but WE decide constitutionality. our place to do that is jury nullification. it is a complete abuse of power for the courts to decide what is and isn't constitutional. it's how the government has taken our power over our liberty.

He actually had it correct. You didn't read correctly as usual.

The SCOTUS decides what cases are Constitutional. You were both correct, only you didn't read what he wrote due to bias.

Hmmm, you own self described experience seems to fly in the face of what you say. You have nothing but a high school education (which you received for free). And yet you make $21/hr and you apparently are living quite comfortably.

What is the issue with that? I have a High School education and I topped out at $18.10 about 10 years ago as a metal caster. Hard manual labor CAN pay good. But it depends on who you work for.

So tell me what is more important and which deserves more pay?

A)Manual Labor that generally breaks down your body and makes you retire early from medical conditions
B)Mental Labor that requires you to get extended education

Then ask yourself, "which one of the two did not require a background check" A) Yep, I still had to prove I was a good worker B)Yep, my wife still had to prove she was educated enough to work medical

*too easy*

Oh...of course....the only thing it could mean is supplied, right? Because the words "supplied" and "trained" didn't exist back then... stooge.
it is the height of stupidity to believe that the founders would make an amendment guaranteeing ONLY the right of a government organized and 'regulated' unit the right to bear arms after they had just experienced decades of oppression at the hands of a government organized and 'regulated' military. the HEIGHT of stupidity.

Who do you mean by "we"?

We the people? Who want background checks?

Or we the dictatorship, who will not let the people think freely?

People can't change the meaning of the Constitution but the Constitution can be changed if people aren't stupid enough to ignore the changes in environment.

The PEOPLE run this Country.....not the President,.....not the Congress.....not the Constitution.

We have plenty of smart people today that trump your Constitutional writers and we have plenty of people today that trump your idiot Congress. It's time to learn politics kid.
hey 'kid', we the people CAN change the constitution. there is a very detailed process to do it. not by some simple majority vote because we 'want background checks'. If you want to get around respecting basic and fundamental rights, change the constitution according to the constitution. maybe you should learn the law instead of politics.

Back