The Issue of Abortion

Dude, what if they walk outside and get hit by a car? What if they get stung by a hornet? What if a pack of wild coyotes bent on destruction buys a crap-ton of rockets and actually catches the roadrunner?

Oh, please!! Don't wish that on the world. We have enough "coyotes" as it is!

It's inane to base policy on imaginary threats and to do it by scaremongering idiots into fearing the mundane would be comical if you weren't serious. The government isn't there to protect you from life.

There's nothing imaginary about it. As a society we've "Been there, done that." It's all documented history. As for the government not protecting one from life you're absolutely correct. In many cases the government was complicit in the systematic abuse of children as they had to be aware of what transpired in orphanages.

Now I know you're just pretending to be dumb.

Of course children are immediately adopted today. Well, those who are "perfect". There is a shortage of children for adoption and that's because there are a million less available each year.

It is you who ignores reality. Do some research on adoptions and orphanages before abortion was legal. It's not all that difficult.

no, I'm not pretending to be dumb, you are pretending I'm dumb.....fuck your fantasies about adoption and orphanages....you have no logical basis to assume that would be true in modern society....you cannot pretend murder is kindness no matter how deranged you are.....

no, I'm not pretending to be dumb, you are pretending I'm dumb.....fuck your fantasies about adoption and orphanages....you have no logical basis to assume that would be true in modern society....you cannot pretend murder is kindness no matter how deranged you are.....

Then tell me what you think would be different. Women are waiting longer to have children and fewer and fewer are choosing to have any children.

As I explained years ago people adopted children as they were free labor. Simply stated there was something in it for them. It wasn't altruistic.

Then there's the economy. Apparently this is the first generation that will not do better than the last one. So we have more people unable or unwilling to raise a child they do not want and we have more people unable or unwilling to adopt considering their financial resources have not increased as expected.

It's you who spout fantasies. Lack of the necessity to have children, government cut-backs, high unemployment.....and you're saying all will be fine.

It won't be fine. It will be a return to Hell and we have documented evidence of what that Hell is like.

Insisting on continuing a process that would lead to bringing an unwanted child into the world under the current conditions can only mean one is dumb or extremely sadistic. Again, I give you the benefit of the doubt.

Then tell me what you think would be different.

you list events that affected a thousand children and ignore the millions of children that were adopted into loving homes......then you pretend that what happened to a tenth of one percent happened to everyone........then you claim it's better to kill them all than permit a single abuse.......thats like saying we should nuke the entire Middle East rather than permit a single woman to be mistreated by her husband.......

You don't have to pretend to be dumb, do you?

Show the abuse stats; but you have to stay in this lifetime.

We have to have children before we can have abuse stats. There are over a million less children coming into the world each year. The stats are available for when the orphanages were full. Not only are the orphanages empty but they were closed due to the abuse which I mentioned in an earlier post.

I'm not sure why you continue to ask for orphanage abuse stats when the orphanages have been closed and the desire for adoptions have outpaced the children available due to there being over a million less children coming into the world.

Please explain.

We have to have children before we can have abuse stats. There are over a million less children coming into the world each year. The stats are available for when the orphanages were full. Not only are the orphanages empty but they were closed due to the abuse which I mentioned in an earlier post.

I'm not sure why you continue to ask for orphanage abuse stats when the orphanages have been closed and the desire for adoptions have outpaced the children available due to there being over a million less children coming into the world.

Please explain.

You're standing on a false premise, by trying to be stuck on the word "orphanages"; because reading the rest of your post, it would seem that there are no more childfen to adopt.
Orphanages have just been renamed as Foster homes.

Where are the abuse stat's, apple?

You're standing on a false premise, by trying to be stuck on the word "orphanages"; because reading the rest of your post, it would seem that there are no more children to adopt.
Orphanages have just been renamed as Foster homes.

Let's take this from the top. First, there are considerably fewer children requiring adoption. The second thing is a foster home is not the same as an orphanage. Comparing an orphanage to a foster home is like comparing a Federal prison to a half-way house.

Families take in foster children and the children live a relatively normal life. They go to school with children from "regular" families. They are in a regular life, meaning teachers, neighbors, etc. see them and observe their conditions. (Are they dressed like other children? Do they look and act "normal"? Do they have toys and other belongings like the other children?)

All those observations aid others in determining the child's living conditions. In other words adults and other children can observe and possibly detect if abuse is happening in the foster home just by listening to casual conversation.

Contrast that to an orphanage where all the children are confined together. Just as we would be more inclined to know what transpires in a half-way house as opposed to a prison, by observing and possibly having conversations with someone in a half-way house, the same applies to children in a foster home vis-a-vis an orphanage.

The abuse in orphanages proliferated due to the children being unable to inform the general population.

Where are the abuse stat's, apple?

Do a Google. You'll see all the abuse stats you'll want.

An orphanage is not the same as a foster home. Before abortions were legal there were too many children to be placed in foster homes, thus, they were institutionalized in orphanages. No one cared about them. They were out of sight and the only people they could inform regarding the abuse were people complicit in it.

So, I ask again, "What would change if we returned to the days when abortion was illegal and we were flooded with unwanted children?"

If you believe the same abuse as in the past would not reoccur, tell me why. What would change or what has changed?

If anything, we're a more selfish, self-centered society than we were 50 or so years ago. Spoiled. Believe we're entitled. Do you really believe we're going to care more about children we can not see due to their being in institutions?

You must have something on which you base your beliefs. I'd like to hear it.

Let's take this from the top. First, there are considerably fewer children requiring adoption. The second thing is a foster home is not the same as an orphanage. Comparing an orphanage to a foster home is like comparing a Federal prison to a half-way house.

Families take in foster children and the children live a relatively normal life. They go to school with children from "regular" families. They are in a regular life, meaning teachers, neighbors, etc. see them and observe their conditions. (Are they dressed like other children? Do they look and act "normal"? Do they have toys and other belongings like the other children?)

All those observations aid others in determining the child's living conditions. In other words adults and other children can observe and possibly detect if abuse is happening in the foster home just by listening to casual conversation.

Contrast that to an orphanage where all the children are confined together. Just as we would be more inclined to know what transpires in a half-way house as opposed to a prison, by observing and possibly having conversations with someone in a half-way house, the same applies to children in a foster home vis-a-vis an orphanage.

The abuse in orphanages proliferated due to the children being unable to inform the general population.

Do a Google. You'll see all the abuse stats you'll want.

An orphanage is not the same as a foster home. Before abortions were legal there were too many children to be placed in foster homes, thus, they were institutionalized in orphanages. No one cared about them. They were out of sight and the only people they could inform regarding the abuse were people complicit in it.

So, I ask again, "What would change if we returned to the days when abortion was illegal and we were flooded with unwanted children?"

If you believe the same abuse as in the past would not reoccur, tell me why. What would change or what has changed?

If anything, we're a more selfish, self-centered society than we were 50 or so years ago. Spoiled. Believe we're entitled. Do you really believe we're going to care more about children we can not see due to their being in institutions?

You must have something on which you base your beliefs. I'd like to hear it.

And yet you continue to return to the "days of yore"; because it's obvious that you have nothing to support the here and now.
Where's the stats that show all the aborted babies would have been abused and/or ignored?

Adoption, orphanages, abuse, poverty and all the rest of Apples crap has NOTHING to do with the topic of abortion....nothing at all.....

In todays society, abortion is the killing of human beings for convenience probably 90% of the time, maybe more.....nothing more, nothing less.....

A mothers life being in danger from childbirth is almost non-existent....almost....its very rare, and in those extreme cases abortion is just self -defense, and morally, legally and ethically right....
We don't kill humans for sport, convenience, or because something MIGHT or MIGHT NOT HAPPEN to them in the future.....

Hes a pinhead, pure and simple, devoid of any understanding of simple scientific biology....a sick, twisted, freak with a warped sense of right and wrong, justice and/or morality, if any exists at all.......
not worth the effort of trying to educate....

And yet you continue to return to the "days of yore"; because it's obvious that you have nothing to support the here and now.
Where's the stats that show all the aborted babies would have been abused and/or ignored?

History. Have you never heard the saying that if one does not learn from history they are condemned to repeat it?

What has changed? Why would children who, today, are less valued for their free labor be treated better than they were in the past when many rural families adopted them to do basic chores?

Give me something to support why you believe things would be better for children today. Are you just saying that or do you have a reason in mind?

Back