The JPP Debate Championship Official Start

do you proles have any preference by which judges conduct their business? by that I mean, would you guys like us judges openly discussing (amongst ourselves) what we thought about each debate or should judges come to their decisions independently and then inform you guys that way?

Why not discuss it via PM and then let everyone know; otherwise the discussions could very well be longer then the debate.

nah im not talking about anything in depth, I am just wondering if judges should be like all coming to a decision as a group and talk about who was better (based on motts criteria) or if we should quietly make our own judgments. i think both ways have their merits.

we are probably going to create a seperate debate forum and maybe a forum for the judges. there is lots of random things that we may have to talk about especially that it takes a month and pm is annoying when you are trying to talk to two people at once and have a conversation. idunno, tbd

Why not discuss it via PM and then let everyone know; otherwise the discussions could very well be longer then the debate.
I agree with USF. Ya'll should do your scoring in private and just inform us who wins. If you use a point system like the one I suggested you may want to tell us our score. As judges your under no obligations to justify your decisions to us.

I agree with USF. Ya'll should do your scoring in private and just inform us who wins. If you use a point system like the one I suggested you may want to tell us our score. As judges your under no obligations to justify your decisions to us.

I think it would be a good idea to keep the scoring private. If there is discussion between the judges, let that be private, otherwise the scoring becomes the debate.

If one debate is extremely close, you might mention that. But otherwise, just tell us who won.

There will be enough bitching & moaning about that.

The debate is going to be here, in this thread, is it?

I thought it might get it's own thread.

FYI, in order to facilitate the taking of bribes I now accept PayPal. :D

I never was suggesting that judges would openly debate their scores to the general public. I was wondering about if the judges should talk amongst THEMSELVES about scoring or if all judges would do it independently, then inform the other judges of their score, then releasing the tabulated score to the public.

I think I decided on the first one, us judges will discuss amongst ourselves. But away from the rest of JPP prying eyes.

We also have a specific debate forum now.. which I think you two have found.

I have created the first debate, only those marked "Warrior" can post in that area at all, and among those, only WM and Mott can post in the official thread for their debate. Enjoy folks.

I think it would be a good idea to keep the scoring private. If there is discussion between the judges, let that be private, otherwise the scoring becomes the debate.

If one debate is extremely close, you might mention that. But otherwise, just tell us who won.

There will be enough bitching & moaning about that.

Ain't that the truth. :palm:

Well it's 4pm eastern time and my opponent hasn't even made his oppening statement. Looks like Skidmark is either chickening out or waiting till the proverbial last minute to post.

Back