The JPP Debate Championship Official Start

Look man. I'm no longer even involved in running this. I'm just a contestant now. I just got it organized and started. It's in the judges hands now. If you don't like it, talk to the judges but I don't think you're going to get much sympathy from them.

Like I stated.... you had plenty of topics suggested you COULD HAVE used. You CHOSE instead to insert the bullshit. Therefore, don't get your panties in a bunch when people who wanted to debate real topics call you out for it.

Debate is debate. Sometimes, just like in soccer, you just get one that you can kick right into the goal with no problem, sometimes you can't find their half of the field. Some days it is a cake walk, some days you have to work for every step....

Debating cats and dogs may not be "serious", but it makes the competition more interesting in seeing how people form arguments. If anybody has ever been on debate team you know that sometimes its easy and sometimes they give you one that you have fundamental disagreement with to argue.

Debate is debate. Sometimes, just like in soccer, you just get one that you can kick right into the goal with no problem, sometimes you can't find their half of the field. Some days it is a cake walk, some days you have to work for every step....

Debating cats and dogs may not be "serious", but it makes the competition more interesting in seeing how people form arguments. If anybody has ever been on debate team you know that sometimes its easy and sometimes they give you one that you have fundamental disagreement with to argue.

Funny... but it seems 'interesting' only to those who have the meatier topics to discuss.

bottom line... my original point stands, there were plenty of great debate topics that could have been used that may have been 'hard' or 'easy' depending on how they were assigned. There was no need to throw a topic in there that is so shallow.

toss 'cats vs. dogs' or 'is rap music torture' to any collegiate debaters and you will get a similar response. While they would do it... they would be annoyed that the people who put together the debate decided on such a pathetic topic.

Judges... you get an early jump on my debate.

SF: Cats suck.

Liberty: yes they do, but I got shafted with defending them, so my response will be "Cats are quite handy during a home invasion, grab them by the tail and start whipping them around as fast as you can. One of two outcomes will occur: the sound will terrify the burglars or the sight will make them die of laughter" "Cats are also great entertainment, bury a few up to their necks in that nosy neighbors yard during the night, then call PETA and lodge a complaint around sun rise. Sit back on your deck and enjoy"

Let the scoring begin.

When I was in high school debate class, the first debates were ice breaker topics such as this. Mine was Batman vs. Superman. Others included Squirrels are Evil, The Psychic Phone Lady is for Real, and Vanilla Ice vs. Eminem. After that it was the 2nd Amendment and the Iraq War.

When I was in high school debate class, the first debates were ice breaker topics such as this. Mine was Batman vs. Superman. Others included Squirrels are Evil, The Psychic Phone Lady is for Real, and Vanilla Ice vs. Eminem. After that it was the 2nd Amendment and the Iraq War.

note... high school...

bottom line... this is like going to an nfl game and handing the players flags instead of pads and a nerf football and saying... 'have at it'

Can they still PLAY the game.... sure... but you take away much of the essence of the game.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

First the debate was about who was going to participate.
Then it switched over to who was going to be a judge.
Now it's about what the debates should be about.

If this is how some off you plan on debating, you might as well kiss it goodby now.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Like I stated.... you had plenty of topics suggested you COULD HAVE used. You CHOSE instead to insert the bullshit. Therefore, don't get your panties in a bunch when people who wanted to debate real topics call you out for it.

this is a fair point but at the same time lets just try to chillax and enjoy the FRIENDLY competition. quit taking things so damn seriously.

this is a fair point but at the same time lets just try to chillax and enjoy the FRIENDLY competition. quit taking things so damn seriously.

I agree. Let everyone get through the first round, with the topics given. Have some fun.

Back