The JPP Debate Championship Official Start

Bottom line, if you are having a problem coming up with debate topics, use some of the suggestions people provided to you on the other thread or ask us again. Debate topics #3 and 4 are pathetic and not interesting in the least.

If that is the best you can do Mott, then perhaps you should just go ahead and concede to WM. (save yourself the pain of him wiping the floor with you)

Ignorant Ohio Bastard

Bottom line, if you are having a problem coming up with debate topics, use some of the suggestions people provided to you on the other thread or ask us again. Debate topics #3 and 4 are pathetic and not interesting in the least.

If that is the best you can do Mott, then perhaps you should just go ahead and concede to WM. (save yourself the pain of him wiping the floor with you)

Ignorant Ohio Bastard
Oh quit being a candy assed cry baby. I threw that and the rap music one in there for fun and then drew the pairings at random. Use your imagination and your sense of humor (if you have one) and have fun with it. You don't hear Winter complaining. Hell he's a 52 year old white man from Alabama defending rap music isn't torture. The whole idea of having a wide range of topics, is to show your versatility. The topics will get more serious and difficult as you advance through the tournament.

BTW, I chose the topics primarily from conservapedia and "Dogs and Cats" was one of the debate topics they had for fun. So quit being a kill joy and quit whining and man up. If you're not versatile enough to deal with this topic then you just simply don't deserve to win. Besides, Liberty has it way tougher then you defending cats. Ya whimp.

Keep in mind, if you win, you're next topic will be on maintaining the embargo on Cuba, now that's a fat juicy topic filled with all sorts of rhetorical perils. I'd love to sink my teeth in that one. If you win that one, you're next topic will be on gun control being the solution to crimes involving guns and if you win that one your in the finals with the incendiary and explosive topic about requiring health care insurance for all. That means to win you'll have to cover one fun topic, one foreign affairs topic, one domestic affairs topic and a public health issue. That's a pretty broad scope dude, you think you're good enough to do that?

Ignorant Ohio Bastard
Oh quit being a candy assed cry baby. I threw that and the rap music one in there for fun and then drew the pairings at random. Use your imagination and your sense of humor (if you have one) and have fun with it. You don't hear Winter complaining. Hell he's a 52 year old white man from Alabama defending rap music isn't torture. The whole idea of having a wide range of topics, is to show your versatility. The topics will get more serious and difficult as you advance through the tournament.

BTW, I chose the topics primarily from conservapedia and "Dogs and Cats" was one of the debate topics they had for fun. So quit being a kill joy and quit whining and man up. If you're not versatile enough to deal with this topic then you just simply don't deserve to win. Besides, Liberty has it way tougher then you defending cats. Ya whimp.

Keep in mind, if you win, you're next topic will be on maintaining the embargo on Cuba, now that's a fat juicy topic filled with all sorts of rhetorical perils. I'd love to sink my teeth in that one. If you win that one, you're next topic will be on gun control being the solution to crimes involving guns and if you win that one your in the finals with the incendiary and explosive topic about requiring health care insurance for all. That means to win you'll have to cover one fun topic, one foreign affairs topic, one domestic affairs topic and a public health issue. That's a pretty broad scope dude, you think you're good enough to do that?

Ignorant Ohio Bastard

GEEZ, you guys need to get over this.
This is about your ability to debate,not if you like the subject matter at hand.

:palm:

Yea I knew that topic would give you a woody but A. You have to get there and B. Even if you do what if you have to defend gun control as a solution to crimes involving guns?

Don't count your aardvarks yet Captain Howdy.
Mott, I've debated gun control for 10 years now. I've seen and heard literally every argument for it. If I had to argue for it I could. However I will say you need to be more specific in the topic. There are so many aspects of gun control that using such a broad term would be nearly impossible to debate for. So what aspects of gun control would you propose one side defend? Background checks? Registrations? Ballistic fingerprinting? Micro stamping? Outright bans? Special licenses or taxes or fees? Open carry? Concealed carry? No guns in national parks? You need to narrow it down.

Mott, I've debated gun control for 10 years now. I've seen and heard literally every argument for it. If I had to argue for it I could. However I will say you need to be more specific in the topic. There are so many aspects of gun control that using such a broad term would be nearly impossible to debate for. So what aspects of gun control would you propose one side defend? Background checks? Registrations? Ballistic fingerprinting? Micro stamping? Outright bans? Special licenses or taxes or fees? Open carry? Concealed carry? No guns in national parks? You need to narrow it down.

Post YOUR argument either for or against, depending on which side you're suppossed to be on, and see what happens.

Well Crap,,,, Now that you bring it up,,,,,,,,,,,

Mott, I've debated cat control for 10 years now. I've seen and heard literally every argument for it. If I had to argue for it,,, I could. However I will have to say to you, "you need to be more specific on this topic". There are so many aspects of cat control,,,,,,,,,,,,,, that using such a broad term would be nearly impossible to debate for. So what aspects of cat control would you propose my side defend? Background checks? Registrations? Ballistic fingerprinting? Micro stamping? Outright bans? Special licenses or taxes or fees? Open carry without a leash? Concealed carry. With,or with out a leash? No cats in national parks? You need to narrow it down.

Mott, I've debated cat control for 10 years now. I've seen and heard literally every argument for it. If I had to argue for it,,, I could. However I will have to say to you, "you need to be more specific on this topic". There are so many aspects of cat control,,,,,,,,,,,,,, that using such a broad term would be nearly impossible to debate for. So what aspects of cat control would you propose my side defend? Background checks? Registrations? Ballistic fingerprinting? Micro stamping? Outright bans? Special licenses or taxes or fees? Open carry without a leash? Concealed carry. With,or with out a leash? No cats in national parks? You need to narrow it down.

Damn, now that you mention it.......

Mott, I've debated Rap is torture for 10 years now. I've seen and heard literally every argument for it. If I had to argue for it,,, I could. However I will have to say to you, "you need to be more specific on this topic". There are so many aspects of Rap torture,,,,,,,,,,,,,, that using such a broad term would be nearly impossible to debate for. So what aspects of Rap torture would you propose my side defend? Background Rap? Registering Rap? Rap fingerprinting? Micro Rapping? Outright bans of Rap? Special licenses or taxes or fees? Open rap without a leash? Concealed rap. No rap in national parks? You need to narrow it down.

Hmmmmm I'm going to keep my eye out on you. You get it.

Like I said, you asked for suggestions for debate topics and then rather than actually using them, you decide to put candy ass topics into the mix. there were a million topics from economics to global warming that you could have used that would have been interesting to not only debate, but also for others to read. They could in turn lead to great discussions for the board after the debate was over.

If you are going to make the first round boring, then you shouldn't expect much in return.

Like I said, you asked for suggestions for debate topics and then rather than actually using them, you decide to put candy ass topics into the mix. there were a million topics from economics to global warming that you could have used that would have been interesting to not only debate, but also for others to read. They could in turn lead to great discussions for the board after the debate was over.

If you are going to make the first round boring, then you shouldn't expect much in return.
Look man. I'm no longer even involved in running this. I'm just a contestant now. I just got it organized and started. It's in the judges hands now. If you don't like it, talk to the judges but I don't think you're going to get much sympathy from them.

superfreak just argue the topic you were given. Even if you think it's retarded, you and your opponent are still on a level playing field and the one that is best at articulating their position will stay win. This ironically can be thought of as a bigger challenge than some other topics people have been given because there isn't as much "out there" or angles that you have already considered 50 different times already.

So just argue the topic and in the second round if you make it, we'll give you something that you can sink your teeth into a bit more.

superfreak just argue the topic you were given. Even if you think it's retarded, you and your opponent are still on a level playing field and the one that is best at articulating their position will stay win. This ironically can be thought of as a bigger challenge than some other topics people have been given because there isn't as much "out there" or angles that you have already considered 50 different times already.

So just argue the topic and in the second round if you make it, we'll give you something that you can sink your teeth into a bit more.

as long as the next topic is:

1/3: does it exist?

Back