The JPP Debate Championship Official Start

I will say that your scientific background, and knowledge of biology, does give you an edge against Watermark that none of the other contestants would have, so you do have a bit of an advantage. Just debate him with the same level of skill that you play Werewolf, and everything should go fine. :cof1:
I can't really give an honest response to your criticism with out helping WM to think things out. He has to do that on his own. He has a fair chance and I have no unfair advantage over him.

Hehehe, I love the trash talking and the first debates not for a week yet. hehehehe.

and here you thought just getting it organized was gonna be the problem...you need a rule that any pouting; bitching' complaining about decisions eliminates you unless you have actual grounds. That after judges make a final decision it's final.

and here you thought just getting it organized was gonna be the problem...you need a rule that any pouting; bitching' complaining about decisions eliminates you unless you have actual grounds. That after judges make a final decision it's final.

I just came across this. Is there a question on judges? Mott asked me to serve because PMP backed out. I made clear that I'm quite clueless and uninterested in all the nics on this board. I read only posts that have titles I feel I may be interested in. I have concerns cause while I 'know' watermark' I've not read many of his posts under alias. For that reason I didn't like being a judge. The 'rules' regarding numerous nics is not something I've ever been comfortable with, which I've made clear my hesitancy to post much. I always feel baited.

I may need to step down, I question fairness from I'm unsure who. Mott is a standup guy. So is Damo. I don't know the problem, but seems there is one.

I think I want to go back to being the quiet one.

I just came across this. Is there a question on judges? Mott asked me to serve because PMP backed out. I made clear that I'm quite clueless and uninterested in all the nics on this board. I read only posts that have titles I feel I may be interested in. I have concerns cause while I 'know' watermark' I've not read many of his posts under alias. For that reason I didn't like being a judge. The 'rules' regarding numerous nics is not something I've ever been comfortable with, which I've made clear my hesitancy to post much. I always feel baited.

I may need to step down, I question fairness from I'm unsure who. Mott is a standup guy. So is Damo. I don't know the problem, but seems there is one.

No, Annie, I was jus' sayin'. Better to make things clear from the start...Look how long it took them to just get this far...LOL

You're doing fine Annie. Just read the first couple of posts in this thread and get together with Apple and Grind. Things are going fine and you'll be a great judge.

So what are the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round topics Mott?
Quarter Final Topics will be (The Judges will decide who takes which side of a topic.);

Debate #9. Winner of Debate #1 and #3.
Topic - Should certain books be banned from public libraries?

Debate #10. Winner of debate #2 and #4.
Topic - Should we still have an Embargo on Cuba?

Debate #11. Winner of Debate # 5 and #7.
Topic - Is atheism a religion?

Debate #12. Winner of Debate # 6 and #8.
Which is the superior economic system, Keynesian or Supply Side?

Topics for the Semi-finals will be (again Judges choose who defends which side of a topic).

Debate #13. Winners of Debate #9 and #11.
Topic - Should the federal government fund embryonic stem cell research?

Debate #14. Winners of Debate #10 and #12.
Topic - Is gun control the answer to crimes involving guns?

And the Topic for the Championship (Debate #15) will be........

Should Americans be required to pay for Health Care Insurance?

mott how married are you to the scheduling plan? We could probably comfortably have 2 debates going at once in separate threads. I fear that by the end most people might not be paying attention anymore. I have no preference either way I'm just dwelling on things.

Since you both are on opposite sides of the brackets it would be interesting to see you two in the finals. That's not going to happen though.
Actually Mott, Sol and I agree in a lot of subjects. He's just hung up on this gay thing and apparently made it his life's work to demonize me because of my opposite opinion.

Since you both are on opposite sides of the brackets it would be interesting to see you two in the finals. That's not going to happen though.

I will make the finals. All I have to do is beat Bravo in a debate about Rap music and the winner of #1 in a debate about library books.

Now, whether or not SM makes it out of the starting gate is debateable. Then he has to face the winner of #8.

Yeah, you are correct. We won't meet in the finals.

I'll have to disqualify myself from this contest as I would have to tie half my brain and knowledge behind my head even to give just a smidgen of hope to any competitor. But I look forward to some insight when I re-visit, and hope that what they say about American education isn't all true.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Back