The main issue with Christianity

Is that it's not aptly named.

A good portion - and I'd say most - of the religion are practices, rituals, rules and philosophies that were never spoken by Christ, or endorsed by Christ.

I think there are some sects that are strictly about the teachings of Christ, who I feel was an ascended being and someone whose words matter, but they're not mainstream Christianity.

correct.

I believe the Christian conception of God is wrong.
Are you saying that the Christian's "conception" somehow was not "immaculate" or are you saying that God was wrong in the manner that He had Mary conceive?

When you write "wrong," do you actually mean "incorrect"? If so, how is it incorrect? Otherwise, how is it "wrong"?

Are you saying that the Christian's "conception" somehow was not "immaculate" or are you saying that God was wrong in the manner that He had Mary conceive?

When you write "wrong," do you actually mean "incorrect"? If so, how is it incorrect? Otherwise, how is it "wrong"?

Go look at the OP. My question was about God creating the world and being all powerful.

Go look at the OP.
That is painful. You are asking a great deal. You suck at writing and what you vomited into the OP was a haphazard melange of disconnected ideas that really had no main point.

Jussayn ... everybody has his strengths ... and writing is not yours.

My question was about God creating the world and being all powerful.
OK, let's keep this simple. Is your issue with Christianity that it is wrong, or that it is incorrect? Thereafter, what specifically is either wrong or incorrect?

That is painful. You are asking a great deal. You suck at writing and what you vomited into the OP was a haphazard melange of disconnected ideas that really had no main point.

Jussayn ... everybody has his strengths ... and writing is not yours.

I am very articulate. You are a self-indulgent dope.

You seriously dont know know what a dying religion looks like?
A dying religion or a dying branch/denomination/sect? Do you know the difference?

Hint: Many, many, many Christian branches/denominations/sects no longer exist.
Hint: There are many more Christian branches/denominations/sects today that at any point in the past.
Hint: Christianity, i.e. the religion, will not be going away anytime soon.

A dying religion or a dying branch/denomination/sect? Do you know the difference?

Hint: Many, many, many Christian branches/denominations/sects no longer exist.
Hint: There are many more Christian branches/denominations/sects today that at any point in the past.
Hint: Christianity, i.e. the religion, will not be going away anytime soon.

Christianity is increasingly irrelevant.....is substantially so already.

What do you mean? There's threads about Christianity all over JPP, and it's hard to travel anywhere without passing by numerous Christian church buildings along the way...

Christianity seems to be as relevant as ever to me.

Christianity seems to be as relevant as ever to me.
I just noticed something when I read your response. Hawkeye is abusing the word "irrelevant" in exactly the same way that warmizombies abuse the word "acidification.".

The ocean is not acidic, therefore the ocean can't be becoming more acidic. Christianity is not irrelevant therefore it cannot be becoming more irrelevant.

Whether true or not, one could plausibly claim that the ocean is becoming less alkaline. Similarly, one could plausibly claim that Christianity is becoming less relevant; but the ocean cannot become more acidic and Christianity cannot become more irrelevant.

Again, this says nothing about the associated truth values.

I just noticed something when I read your response. Hawkeye is abusing the word "irrelevant" in exactly the same way that warmizombies abuse the word "acidification.".

The ocean is not acidic, therefore the ocean can't be becoming more acidic. Christianity is not irrelevant therefore it cannot be becoming more irrelevant.

Whether true or not, one could plausibly claim that the ocean is becoming less alkaline. Similarly, one could plausibly claim that Christianity is becoming less relevant; but the ocean cannot become more acidic and Christianity cannot become more irrelevant.

Again, this says nothing about the associated truth values.
Good catch, and I concur.

Good catch, and I concur.
We'll just say that you caught it, but just didn't see it right away. I noticed it while reading your post. You correctly noted that Christianity was not irrelevant, i.e."Christianity seems to be as relevant as ever to me." Hawkeye, on the other hand, stated the opposite, i.e. "Christianity is increasingly irrelevant."

Contradiction. Good catch.

Back