The most and least educated U.S. religious groups

Yep -- angry, fearful, clueless white people. That's said in sympathy, btw, not in condemnation. They are the stern stuff that looked up to a man in Germany in the 1930s, who promised to restore the economy, smite all the country's enemies both internal and external, and macht Deutschland Wieder Gross. They were hurting from real hardship -- not the bullshit made-up crap the Republicans want us to believe now......And this is why ppl like me think that ppl like you all are not-so-smart.

I think you are going off the deep end with the Nazi/Hitler analogy.

Who are people "like you all." I said nothing in support or defense of Trump; but, neither can I sympathize with those seething over Trump's win who attack his supporters as ignorant and racists. It is just intolerance seeking to denigrate those who chose to vote opposite as their only possible explanation of his win because they don't bother to actually read the various analyses about the election.

My liberal friends think Trump supporters didn't know what they were doing and my conservative friends think Democrats are low information, less informed, less moral and ethical people. Both views show no respect for democracy or equality and is the same attitude that makes people look down on minorities, gays, immigrants, Southerners, or others as their way to feel superior.

If my candidate does not win I am not going to blame it on a rigged election, illegals voting, voting suppression, Russians, gerrymandering, James Comey, or any other of those lame excuses.

Sooooo?

You and the 'non-pork' Cult are 'smart', ... and the other 'pork' Cults are stupid? Is that about it?

Fentoine Lum, a Poster here, refers to these people as 'Partisanshitheads'. An excellent description if there ever was one. It's a Red Team/Blue Team mentality.

Amy Chua wrote a book, 'Political Tribes', that pretty well sums up the current situation in America. There's the 'Elites' (West Coast-East Coast) on one end and the 'average American worker' on the other end. And, like you see on this Forum, simply hurl insults at each other.

It's a mistake on our part to lump all Southern Baptists into the evangelical category because they are divided by race, as you noted. I have never once had a single devout Christian person of color approach me and exhort me to change my path, or hear or read one say anything about those who aren't of similar beliefs are going to hell, or get political much at all about her religious beliefs. I say "her" because most of my friends/family members of color are women. This isn't to say, however, that they are not passionate about politics, America, voting, and the wrong direction we are taking!

Yep -- angry, fearful, clueless white people. That's said in sympathy, btw, not in condemnation. They are the stern stuff that looked up to a man in Germany in the 1930s, who promised to restore the economy, smite all the country's enemies both internal and external, and macht Deutschland Wieder Gross. They were hurting from real hardship -- not the bullshit made-up crap the Republicans want us to believe now. They had just lost a huge war, suffered massive deprivation in the Depression, were under sanctions by the winners of that war. The 1930s Germans had a reason to look towards a supreme and powerful figure like Hitler. He created internal enemies -- the Jews -- for them to focus their frustrations on. The external enemies were the Allies. Trump is doing that with immigrants and liberals. And our world allies as well. Fox and the other RW propaganda machines convinced the (R) voters that 21st century America is exactly like 1930s Germany. And this is why ppl like me think that ppl like you all are not-so-smart.

The lies and hypocrisy here is...staggering :palm:

And it applies to white evangelicals. 40% of evangelicals are black and they voted for Clinton. It seems racist to refer to all those black people as low IQ.

The Deep Racial Divide Between White and Black Evangelical ...

White Christmas, Black Christmas. Though minority and white evangelical Protestants have more in common than any other Christian groups, they are deeply divided on matters of race and justice.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...s-evangelical-christian-racial-divide/383986/

excerpt:

White evangelical Protestants and black Protestants also share a particularly literal approach to the Bible. Among the general public, approximately one-third (35 percent) believe the Bible is the literal word of God, but about six in 10 white evangelical Protestants (61 percent) and black Protestants (57 percent) hold a literal view of the Bible.

These two groups also share a belief in a personal God, an emphasis on individual salvation, and religious architecture that emphasizes the centrality of the pulpit over the altar.

continued

White Christmas, Black Christmas. Though minority and white evangelical Protestants have more in common than any other Christian groups, they are deeply divided on matters of race and justice.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...s-evangelical-christian-racial-divide/383986/

excerpt:

White evangelical Protestants and black Protestants also share a particularly literal approach to the Bible. Among the general public, approximately one-third (35 percent) believe the Bible is the literal word of God, but about six in 10 white evangelical Protestants (61 percent) and black Protestants (57 percent) hold a literal view of the Bible.

These two groups also share a belief in a personal God, an emphasis on individual salvation, and religious architecture that emphasizes the centrality of the pulpit over the altar.

continued

you are truly the master of the irrelevant.......

Yes, I certainly agree that there are major differences between black and white evangelicals. But nowhere is it suggested that they (black or white) are "low IQ" as guno described.

Yep -- angry, fearful, clueless white people.

While those meeting these characteristics voted for Trump, it is misleading to describe most Trump voters this way:

From Pew Research:

White college graduates: Trump 49% Clinton 45%. Obviously, many white Trump supporters were not "uneducated."

Trump's gains (compared to 2012) came from whites with no college degrees, especially in the Midwest. Where were these voters in 2012? They voted for Obama. The hypocrisy is that they were not clueless, low IQ, rural hicks when they voted for Obama, only when they switched to Trump. The white working class had long been a key element in the Democratic New Deal coalition since the depression. These were the "little people," "salt of the earth" "middle Americans" when they voted Democratic. Then, those full of hatred found their outlet in belittling those who voted for him.

"Obama-Trump voters … effectively accounted for more than two-thirds of the reason Clinton lost, according to Matt Canter, a senior vice president of the Democratic political firm Global Strategy Group. In his group’s analysis, about 70 percent of Clinton’s failure to reach Obama’s vote total in 2012 was because she lost these voters … His firm’s conclusion is shared broadly by other Democrats who have examined the data, including senior members of Clinton’s campaign and officials at the Democratic data and analytics firm Catalist."

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligence...-voters-in-the-midwest-with-econ-anxiety.html

[Again, I am not a Trump supporter. I am just describing some facts to correct ignorant stereotypes and what I see as real hatred and rage from both sides based on our political differences--very much like our attachment to sports teams] Maybe all this stress accounts for the recent decline in U. S. life expectancy.

"[Again, I am not a Trump supporter. I am just describing some facts to correct ignorant stereotypes and what I see as real hatred and rage from both sides based on our political differences--very much like our attachment to sports teams] "

Red Team/Blue Team mentality.

Yes, I certainly agree that there are major differences between black and white evangelicals. But nowhere is it suggested that they (black or white) are "low IQ" as guno described.

Call it what you will.. They reject science and follow the Scofield heresy.

I'm glad we agree on this. Perhaps you can explain why so many Xtians -- especially the fundies -- support an immoral, thrice-divorced, adulterous, crooked, lying, cheating, pompous, cruel and non-Christian bullying pig like Trump?

Because we could not support Hillary. I'm surprised you even needed to ask this question. Trump isn't perfect, but Hillary makes him look like an eagle scout. Did you support Hillary? Because she is everything you claim Trump is, and even worse.

I have goono on ignore, but lemme guess, Muslims are waaaaaaay smarter than Christians. Do I win a prize?

Muslims don't eat 'pork', which seems to be VERY important to guno, so 'No', you don't get a prize.
(Christians eat 'pork', so you're very close, try again later)

Call it what you will.. They reject science and follow the Scofield heresy.

IQ has nothing to do with lack of knowledge in a particular area; otherwise, we could label those with any religious beliefs as low IQ.

Back