The most and least educated U.S. religious groups

How can you equate being educated with supporting, defending and voting for ignorance? You might be book smart but that hardly represents intelligence overall. (you being a generic you)

Good question. My husband had a work friend who he also went hunting with a couple of times. "Bob" also has a masters degree and is retired from a long career in IT. Mr. Owl always joked around that the friend and I could never meet because it would be like putting matter and anti-matter together. He was right. Bob befriended both of us on FB and that's when the trouble began. Suffice it to say that this man, who is obviously bright and well-educated, would get along great with our resident haters here like TDAK, CFM, etc. He is a Trump worshiper and Obama (who he referred to as "that Muslim from Kenya") hater. Don't know if Bob and Mr. Owl still are FB friends but I know I'm not. lol

That being said I'm sure that at least some of the more educated Trump voters sincerely believed that he was what the country needed. No way of knowing if they still believe that or not.

How can you equate being educated with supporting, defending and voting for ignorance? You might be book smart but that hardly represents intelligence overall. (you being a generic you)

Read the post again--nobody equated those things. I was challenging the statement that most Trump voters were uneducated white rural hicks with actual studies analyzing the characteristics of Trump and Clinton voters.

Republicans would claim these same working class whites without college degrees who voted for Obama in 2012 were voting for voting for ignorance then and be just as sincere as those claiming Trump voters were voting for ignorance. Political opinions about the candidates is a subjective judgment very different from a factual description of who voted for each candidate.

a jewish atheist is a cult?

interesting

http://www.shj.org/

You seem OBSESSED with 'pork' ("Goyim want a pork treat").
Any LOGICAL reason for that?

Like Muslims, that seems to be a RELIGIOUS tenet.

You seem like you are so deep into your religious cult, you can't see it.
How many Humanists ask people "Goyim want a pork treat"?
Now many Atheists ask people "Goyim want a pork treat"?

"Goyim want a pork treat" is used by a religious Jew who thinks it is an insult and VERY clever. Humanists and Atheists hear that, and see the speaker as a cult member, like all the other snake-handlers and people that speak in tongues.

True. However, suppose I were to believe in the creation story as told by the first people where I sojourn. That's fine, until I start showing up at school board meetings and insisting that all the biology classes have to also include mention of Sky Woman and how she created Turtle Island, where we all still live to this day. Some Xtians see absolutely nothing wrong with trying to force public schools to teach "Intelligent Design" along with real science.

Last time I looked there were some 250 creation stories and many of them had a tree of life.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
Some Xtians see absolutely nothing wrong with trying to force public schools to teach "Intelligent Design" along with real science.

can you tell me some "real science" about the origin of the universe?.........please include only those scenarios that qualify as a theory under the definition of scientific theory....

a coherent group of propositions formulated to explain a group of facts or phenomena in the natural world and repeatedly confirmed through experiment or observation:

Anyone who has chosen, consciously or otherwise, to buy into a male dominator god perception of reality and prattles onward about faith is engaged in the purposeful suspension of critical thought. You are free to quibble over which sect or cult is worse; I don't see a/the point. Unless you're one of those partisanshitheads.

sorry child......the minute you said "male dominator god" you demonstrated you have purposefully suspended critical though..........

Last time I looked there were some 250 creation stories and many of them had a tree of life.

So the Intelligent Designites need to be careful what they wish for. Or we'll have to add two more years onto h.s. just to get in all the *other* creation myths as well as theirs, eh?

If you like creation myths, here's a whole bunch of them from different countries and cultures.

http://www.historyworld.net/wrldhis/PlainTextHistories.asp?historyid=ab83

thanks for the link......I like it....
In strong contrast with all other creation myths, the Hebrew version has a simplicity and confidence deriving from a rugged monotheism. The Old Testament opens with a magnificently confident statement: 'In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.'

This first chapter of Genesis, in which the creation is described, is believed to be the work of priests in the 5th century BC. They give the impression of looking around them - to see what God needed to create - and then devising his programme. Since the sabbath is probably already sanctified as a day of rest, they need to fit the task into a working week of six days.

The resulting programme is eminently practical, from the first moment when everything is void and dark yet also somehow awash with water. Day 1, separate light from darkness, day from night. Day 2, make space among the encircling waters by pushing up the vault of the sky. Day 3, divide the material beneath this vault into earth and sea; and on the earth let there be vegetation. Day 4, attention returns to the vault of heaven; create sun and moon and stars. Day 5, it is time for creatures in water and air; create fishes and birds. Day 6, earth too must be populated; create land animals of all kinds, and man in God's image to supervise the creatures.

The task is done. God rests on the seventh day, and sanctifies it.

I always envision the ancient people sitting around campfires at night, being asked by their children "How did it all start?", "Where did we come from", "What's the purpose of our existence?", "Is their an Afterlife?".
Every culture seems to have a Narrative. It is an interesting subject. It's part of our history.

what happened before

what can I feel proud about

what will happen after

they are the same questions in every humans life

in the past they made up what they told those kids

Now we can teach kids many more facts

They can then have more power over their own lives

that is why evil people like republican leaders hate education

Yep...all the smart elite vote demwit. Why all the bigotry? Because education does not equate to IQ, it simply reflects what one has been taught....if one is taught lies and immorality education = immorality. Its called hypocrisy when one professes to be one thing but acts in contradiction to those stated qualities. Do you think Bigotry is a true liberal quality? If not why not? Its clear that you are a bigot of the highest level. The real question is why are there so many highly educated leftists flipping burgers at Micky Ds or gossiping on social networks? The quality of education in this nation sucks because of liberal policies.

THE NEW IMPROVED TERRIFIC MR ROGERS:
Ricky Martin "I don't know, my kids are too young, but I wish they were gay, It is a very special thing ... "
https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Culture/ricky-martin-coming-terms-sexuality/story?id=55754147

It's a wonderful day in the neighborhood

what happened before

what can I feel proud about

what will happen after

they are the same questions in every humans life

in the past they made up what they told those kids

Now we can teach kids many more facts

They can then have more power over their own lives

that is why evil people like republican leaders hate education

Any of you folks hung up on your own pride are anathema to human progress.

Back