The most and least educated U.S. religious groups

Evangelicals reject archaeology and geology.

Many do not reject that science. Many simply belong to those religious denominations and are no more religious than the majority of us. Or, many of them see no conflict between science and religious beliefs. And, many accept evolution (as long it does not mean "we came from monkeys").

Because we could not support Hillary. I'm surprised you even needed to ask this question. Trump isn't perfect, but Hillary makes him look like an eagle scout. Did you support Hillary? Because she is everything you claim Trump is, and even worse.

I supported Bernie.

You've been lied to about Hillary, and you deliberately chose to believe those lies in order to excuse your support for one of the most despicable ppl on this planet. Too bad there isn't a Heaven, Hell, or Pearly Gates. I'd sure love to watch you explain this to St. Peter when you all leave here.

I supported Bernie.

You've been lied to about Hillary, and you deliberately chose to believe those lies in order to excuse your support for one of the most despicable ppl on this planet. Too bad there isn't a Heaven, Hell, or Pearly Gates. I'd sure love to watch you explain this to St. Peter when you all leave here.

I don't like that so much of our personal identity has become tied to politics; but, it is even worse than I thought---now we even have to explain our political to St. Peter. This reminds me of some past debates over whether Jesus was a liberal or conservative.

I don't like that so much of our personal identity has become tied to politics; but, it is even worse than I thought---now we even have to explain our political to St. Peter. This reminds me of some past debates over whether Jesus was a liberal or conservative.

I'd be just as happy if we went back to keeping our religious beliefs private, and stop trying to insert them into political and public areas.

Hello Flash,

IQ has nothing to do with lack of knowledge in a particular area; otherwise, we could label those with any religious beliefs as low IQ.

It is well known that intelligent people can believe in false facts. Just look at the president.

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

I'd be just as happy if we went back to keeping our religious beliefs private, and stop trying to insert them into political and public areas.

Yeah, but the problem is: Our beliefs drive our political views. They are inextricable.

Hello Flash,

It is well known that intelligent people can believe in false facts. Just look at the president.

Yes, that was my point--lack of knowledge about particular topics does not mean a person has a low IQ. They could simply be uneducated or uneducated in a particular area (astrophysics).

No surprise of where trump followers fall into

The pork gobbling fundies, the lower IQ crowd

At the bottom

the southern baptists and other fundy loons

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...-groups/ft_16-10-06_educationreligiousgroups/

Anyone who has chosen, consciously or otherwise, to buy into a male dominator god perception of reality and prattles onward about faith is engaged in the purposeful suspension of critical thought. You are free to quibble over which sect or cult is worse; I don't see a/the point. Unless you're one of those partisanshitheads.

Anyone who has chosen, consciously or otherwise, to buy into a male dominator god perception of reality and prattles onward about faith is engaged in the purposeful suspension of critical thought. You are free to quibble over which sect or cult is worse; I don't see a/the point. Unless you're one of those partisanshitheads.

You are a fool.

Yeah, but the problem is: Our beliefs drive our political views. They are inextricable.

True. However, suppose I were to believe in the creation story as told by the first people where I sojourn. That's fine, until I start showing up at school board meetings and insisting that all the biology classes have to also include mention of Sky Woman and how she created Turtle Island, where we all still live to this day. Some Xtians see absolutely nothing wrong with trying to force public schools to teach "Intelligent Design" along with real science.

While those meeting these characteristics voted for Trump, it is misleading to describe most Trump voters this way:

From Pew Research:

White college graduates: Trump 49% Clinton 45%. Obviously, many white Trump supporters were not "uneducated."

Trump's gains (compared to 2012) came from whites with no college degrees, especially in the Midwest. Where were these voters in 2012? They voted for Obama. The hypocrisy is that they were not clueless, low IQ, rural hicks when they voted for Obama, only when they switched to Trump. The white working class had long been a key element in the Democratic New Deal coalition since the depression. These were the "little people," "salt of the earth" "middle Americans" when they voted Democratic. Then, those full of hatred found their outlet in belittling those who voted for him.

"Obama-Trump voters … effectively accounted for more than two-thirds of the reason Clinton lost, according to Matt Canter, a senior vice president of the Democratic political firm Global Strategy Group. In his group’s analysis, about 70 percent of Clinton’s failure to reach Obama’s vote total in 2012 was because she lost these voters … His firm’s conclusion is shared broadly by other Democrats who have examined the data, including senior members of Clinton’s campaign and officials at the Democratic data and analytics firm Catalist."

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligence...-voters-in-the-midwest-with-econ-anxiety.html

[Again, I am not a Trump supporter. I am just describing some facts to correct ignorant stereotypes and what I see as real hatred and rage from both sides based on our political differences--very much like our attachment to sports teams] Maybe all this stress accounts for the recent decline in U. S. life expectancy.

How can you equate being educated with supporting, defending and voting for ignorance? You might be book smart but that hardly represents intelligence overall. (you being a generic you)

Back