The OT: how did the "old laws" become obsolete?

I wonder if he originally intended you to be an entity....

As Christain Nation SCOTUS Fourth Reich July 9/11 Christiananality pedophilia suicidal schizophrenia super ego Islamidiotocracy "death to the infidels" of Washington, D.C. born USA citizens national religion interpretation of "one nation under god with equal justice under law" sociopsychopathilogical homicidal human farming by Federal Lynching KKK churchstate of hate fiefdom drug trafficking enforcement thieving US Constitution Bill of Rights arsonists....

I'm not a Bible scholar, at all. I have read the Bible. The OT reads like the document that it is - something written by ancient, rather primitive and superstitious people. And clearly, the God of the OT bears little to no resemblance to the God of the NT.

Leviticus comes up a lot because of LGBTQ, but can anyone explain to me why some Christians adhere to both the OT and NT, and some just the NT? And I think I've heard that some of the "old laws" were abolished or something, at some point?

I just don't get it. I believe God is a timeless being - at least 13 billion years old, and likely much older than that. He changed his mind and personality over the course of a few thousand years?

It's fascinating how people get mixed up. A good example is an eye for an eye. A solid OT teaching. Lots of people interpret that to mean if you take an eye then I get an eye but it merely tells us justice should not exceed the crime. Beyond that Jesus came to fulfill the law not abolish it.

Last edited:
I'm not a Bible scholar, at all. I have read the Bible. The OT reads like the document that it is - something written by ancient, rather primitive and superstitious people. And clearly, the God of the OT bears little to no resemblance to the God of the NT.

Leviticus comes up a lot because of LGBTQ, but can anyone explain to me why some Christians adhere to both the OT and NT, and some just the NT? And I think I've heard that some of the "old laws" were abolished or something, at some point?

I just don't get it. I believe God is a timeless being - at least 13 billion years old, and likely much older than that. He changed his mind and personality over the course of a few thousand years?

If one can contemplate what was going on in the world, with all of the Christian Wars, rebellions between the Churches, back when King James wrote the bible. And given the fact that he had many thousands of tablets and ancient scrolls to choose from, that had to be translated from ancient languages that many were extinct at the time, One can only imagine that man's imagination, political narratives, religious narratives, superstitions, FAKE NEWS, misinterpretations, Best Guesses, were all factors in the final product!

It has been said that God influenced man to write the Holy Bible- It could also be said that a good jug of wine influenced the writing of the Bible as well!

Here two different political parties argue about what the Constitution is even trying to say, even though we all agree what is written, we do not even agree on what was intended by those words of our forefathers who penned the Constitution. And it was only written just a very few centuries ago, but I believe much is lost in the interpretations of just the language used. AND THE VERY SAME THING CAN BE SAID ABOUT THE BIBLE AND HOW THAT IS INTERPRETED DIFFERENTLY DEPENDING ON WHO IS READING IT AT ANY GIVEN TIME.

Some very evil men of self-interest and self-importance have been politicizing Religion, History, The Bible, and even our Constitution for 100's of years!

Let me tell you what- If you leave it to men, the evils of Man could fuck up a WET DREAM!

Last edited:
If one can contemplate what was going on in the world, with all of the Christian Wars, rebellions between the Churches, back when King James wrote the bible. And given the fact that he had many thousands of tablets and ancient scrolls to choose from, that had to be translated from ancient languages that many were extinct at the time, One can only imagine that man's imagination, political narratives, religious narratives, superstitions, FAKE NEWS, misinterpretations, Best Guesses, were all factors in the final product!

It has been said that God influenced man to write the Holy Bible- It could also be said that a good jug of wine influenced the writing of the Bible as well!

The drafting of the KJV is a bit more complicated than that. It's a really interesting story. I highly recommend "God's Secretaries" by Nicolson. It's a great outline of the KJV's construction.

The drafting of the KJV is a bit more complicated than that. It's a really interesting story. I highly recommend "God's Secretaries" by Nicolson. It's a great outline of the KJV's construction.

Thanks, it is very interesting studying the History of the Holy Bible as well as the study of modern Religion!

It's fascinating how people get mixed up. A good example is an eye for an eye. A solid OT teaching. Lots of people interpret that to mean if you take an eye then I get an eye but it merely tells us justice should not exclude the crime. Beyond that Jesus came to fulfill the law not abolish it.

That's an interesting interpretation.

But how do people get mixed up? There are inherent contradictions between the OT & NT that are inexplicable (imo). At the heart of those is 2 completely different versions of God.

But how do people get mixed up? There are inherent contradictions between the OT & NT that are inexplicable (imo). At the heart of those is 2 completely different versions of God.

A common interpretation in Christian theological tradition is that Jewish laws and Jewish prophetic teaching does not strictly apply to christians. Only law that comes directly from God, like the decalogue are of central concern. The major importance of the OT in a mainstream Christian context is it has the Decalogue, a creation story, and prophecy of the coming of Jesus

I think it's an accurate one as well

People get mixed up because they think like people and not how God thinks. A good example is Mtt 16:23 when Jesus says to Peter, "Get behind Satan. You are an obstacle not me. You are thinking no as God thinks but as men do."

What's one of those inherent contradictions?

A common interpretation in Christian theological tradition is that Jewish laws and Jewish prophetic teaching does not strictly apply to christians. Only law that comes directly from God, like the decalogue are of central concern. The major importance of the OT in a mainstream Christian context is it has the Decalogue, a creation story, and prophecy of the coming of Jesus

Well said but it's more than that especially in the Catholic tradition. But I guess you did cover that the prophecy of the coming of Jesus but I hoped to put a finer point on an already good point that you made.

We're not supposed to "get it."
We're supposed to know better is my take.

What year did the KJV make its first appearance?

1611, correct?

It was BY NO MEANS the first translation of the Canon. It was just the most well-researched for the time.

Somewhere in that area probably.

No it absolutely was not the first but I'm always intrigued by who and in what circumstances someone thinks a change is needed in something that had already existed for almost 1300 years.

I'm always intrigued by who and in what circumstances someone thinks a change is needed in something that had already existed for almost 1300 years.
This is a very strange position to take, seeing as how we currently declare documents that haven't been edited within the past six months to be in need of an update, documents that haven't been edited in over a year to need a new version, and any document that is over two years old to be clearly obsolete and can be discarded. This mindset represents the single greatest threat to the Constitution, i.e. the totally commonplace and legitimate view that documents "need to be edited/changed/updated" on a regular basis. This is the reason that there are so many versions of the Bible, i.e. that every few years someone feels the Bible needs to be updated to communicate more effectively to the current audience.

You are the one who needs to defend your argument that the KJV, which hasn't been revised in centuries, needs to remain un-updated. I'm happy to help you, but the argument is yours and you have to make it and support it.

d89329736a9757e1f0b128884c8622e3.jpg

This is a very strange position to take, seeing as how we currently declare documents that haven't been edited within the past six months to be in need of an update, documents that haven't been edited in over a year to need a new version, and any document that is over two years old to be clearly obsolete and can be discarded. This mindset represents the single greatest threat to the Constitution, i.e. the totally commonplace and legitimate view that documents "need to be edited/changed/updated" on a regular basis. This is the reason that there are so many versions of the Bible, i.e. that every few years someone feels the Bible needs to be updated to communicate more effectively to the current audience.

You are the one who needs to defend your argument that the KJV, which hasn't been revised in centuries, needs to remain un-updated. I'm happy to help you, but the argument is yours and you have to make it and support it.

d89329736a9757e1f0b128884c8622e3.jpg

The truth doesn't need updating. A scriptural canon existed prior to the appearance of the KJV. No one has satisfactorily explained why that pre existing canon needs updating

Back