The OT: how did the "old laws" become obsolete?

I'm not a Bible scholar, at all. I have read the Bible. The OT reads like the document that it is - something written by ancient, rather primitive and superstitious people. And clearly, the God of the OT bears little to no resemblance to the God of the NT.

Leviticus comes up a lot because of LGBTQ, but can anyone explain to me why some Christians adhere to both the OT and NT, and some just the NT? And I think I've heard that some of the "old laws" were abolished or something, at some point?

I just don't get it. I believe God is a timeless being - at least 13 billion years old, and likely much older than that. He changed his mind and personality over the course of a few thousand years?

No, I can't, because a Christian should adhere to NT.

See you show you do not believe in God that makes you an atheist

An atheist is someone who uses the descriptor "atheist" to describe him/herself.

Atheism involves "belief"...which I do not do.

You are an asshole. Now, crawl back under your rock until the heat dies down a bit.

An atheist is someone who uses the descriptor "atheist" to describe him/herself.

You are an asshole. Now, crawl back under your rock until the heat dies down a bit.

Xi/Tree is wrong? You're an imperialist tool. Respect pronouns.

You are very hateful and petty

Nope. A liar is an atheist who denies his atheism. A shitbag liar is an atheist who advocates for the killing of living humans who have not committed any crime and who have not expressed any desire to die. Oh look, you fit the definition in both cases.

From the Frank Apisa Weaselarium: "I absolutely do NOT advocate for the killing of living humans who have not committed any crime ... except in the cases where I arbitrarily make exceptions." - Frank Apisa

Frank, you never answered the question: Since you advocate for living humans to be killed, you must have a preference for certain ones being killed over others. Which ones would those be? Conservatives? Blacks? Jews? Which ones?

attachment.php

Sure you do. You are simply an uneducated imbecile. You have no idea what the words "believe," "know," "knowable," "theism," "atheism," "living" and "human" mean yet you pepper your flagrant lying with those words because you believe it makes your lies sound plausible, and in turn, makes you come across as a wise philosopher. You're an idiot.

You are very hateful and petty
All that comes with being cognitively slow and undereducated. Frank Apisa and ThatOwlCoward are JPP's two shining examples. guno at least has some familiarity with the material he's lying about.

Four putt, you're just too old. You've been a babbling idiot from the day you joined here.

You are an asshole...and always will be an asshole. One problem with you is that you often suppose a reasonable, thoughtful comment with which you disagree...is just babbling.

I'm not a Bible scholar, at all. I have read the Bible. The OT reads like the document that it is - something written by ancient, rather primitive and superstitious people. And clearly, the God of the OT bears little to no resemblance to the God of the NT.

Leviticus comes up a lot because of LGBTQ, but can anyone explain to me why some Christians adhere to both the OT and NT, and some just the NT? And I think I've heard that some of the "old laws" were abolished or something, at some point?

I just don't get it. I believe God is a timeless being - at least 13 billion years old, and likely much older than that. He changed his mind and personality over the course of a few thousand years?

Nobody could keep the law!
YHWH went to Plan B! Salvation through the blood of the cross!
FYI ,we returned to Old Testament times May 15 1948.

I am not sure God was ever intended to be a literal entity originally! I believe some men have tried to make him and take him and the Bible literally.

And I believe that the scrolls and/or books of the Old Testament of the Bible were hand selected to intentionally give man that interpretation.

And by the time the New Testament was written, it was already taken literally. And as modern times evolved, stories were written to play into that narrative.

God may have just been thought of as the Heavens themselves- a mystery- a phenomenal marvel in ancient times- at the dawn of mankind.

Last edited:
Back