The OT: how did the "old laws" become obsolete?

My understanding is that both pigs and shellfish aren’t kosher because of their diets. Shellfish are bottom feeders, thus unclean. Pigs will eat carrion and feces, this making them unclean. Muslims don’t ingest pork for the same reason.

Thanks, that makes sense.

Ritual purification and ritual cleanliness was a requirement of the religion of the ancient Israelites.

My understanding is that both pigs and shellfish aren’t kosher because of their diets. Shellfish are bottom feeders, thus unclean. Pigs will eat carrion and feces, this making them unclean. Muslims don’t ingest pork for the same reason.
I understand that.

I can make sense of pork, as people were dying of trichinosis back then. Now that isn't a problem.

The contradiction comes from fish with no scales. Catfish are bottom feeders, but so are carp/flounder/fluke...all kosher.

I understand that.

I can make sense of pork, as people were dying of trichinosis back then. Now that isn't a problem.

The contradiction comes from fish with no scales. Catfish are bottom feeders, but so are carp/flounder/fluke...all kosher.
It’s never made sense to me, either.

I'm making an Italian sausage casserole tonight with potatoes, onions, peppers, and tomato sauce.
Just serving it with salad and chianti.
Offspring #1 will likely show up for a free meal, so that's good.
Offspring #2 has plans of her own.

The Avatar is always happy to see her siblings,
but sister is the one who always brings her a new toy.
If she doesn't bring one, the Avatar goes looking through her bag.

You must not have read it
You must have copy-pasted without reading it. Here again, only male gay sex is reprimanded, as though lesbian sex is of no concern. Notice the line "men with men committing what is shameful" with absolutely no corresponding "women with women committing what is shameful." Seriously, read it this time:

24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for [sodomy that] is against nature.

27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due. [nothing about lesbian sex]

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting;

29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, [nothing about lesbian sex]

30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, [but lesbian sex is not mentioned]

31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful; [no mention of lesbian sex]

32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

So you might very well find lesbian sex an abomination, but you have to say that it is your opinion. You do not get to claim that it is somehow written in the Bible. Oh, and yes, I have read the above. You should find the time to do likewise.

Any doctor who tells you that the only reason you did not die is because of the intervention of a "God"...is an idiot. If you want to be treated by an idiot, no problem.

Then you have never seen people in the hospital doctors give up on but they recover

You must have copy-pasted without reading it. Here again, only male gay sex is reprimanded, as though lesbian sex is of no concern. Notice the line "men with men committing what is shameful" with absolutely no corresponding "women with women committing what is shameful." Seriously, read it this time:

So you might very well find lesbian sex an abomination, but you have to say that it is your opinion. You do not get to claim that it is somehow written in the Bible. Oh, and yes, I have read the above. You should find the time to do likewise.

Then you do not understand it. It says they are turned over to uncleanness nothing about gender. You are being dishonest and ignoreing many of the verses

Then you do not understand it.
I understand English perfectly. Your king is tipped.

giphy.gif

Let me know if you have any other questions regarding what the Bible (KJV) reads.

I have it correct you ignore what does not apply to your opinion
You are the one who is making the false claim. You assert that the Bible prohibits (or somehow disparages) lesbian sex, yet you cannot cite chapter and verse. You repeatedly cite passages that cover other things and that do not address lesbian sex.

You have failed to shoulder your burden of support. Your claim is dismissed.

Now, if you should ever decide to be honest and simply admit that it is your belief that lesbian sex is a sin, despite not being specifically proscribed as such in the Bible, that would be welcome. The Bible doesn't make any mention of stem cells yet there are Christians who believe that stem cell research is a sin. They are entitled to their belief, but they don't get to claim that the Bible calls it a sin. Likewise, you do not get to claim that the Bible says anything about lesbian sex because it doesn't.

Then you have never seen people in the hospital doctors give up on but they recover

Obviously there are people who are in very serious condition...and who doctors think are going to die...but who recover.

But any doctor who attributes that to a god or a talisman or a birthday wish is a fucking moron.

You are the one who is making the false claim. You assert that the Bible prohibits (or somehow disparages) lesbian sex, yet you cannot cite chapter and verse. You repeatedly cite passages that cover other things and that do not address lesbian sex.

You have failed to shoulder your burden of support. Your claim is dismissed.

Now, if you should ever decide to be honest and simply admit that it is your belief that lesbian sex is a sin, despite not being specifically proscribed as such in the Bible, that would be welcome. The Bible doesn't make any mention of stem cells yet there are Christians who believe that stem cell research is a sin. They are entitled to their belief, but they don't get to claim that the Bible calls it a sin. Likewise, you do not get to claim that the Bible says anything about lesbian sex because it doesn't.

Romans says homosexuality is a curse that includes women

Back