The OT: how did the "old laws" become obsolete?

Homosexuality is a sin the fact they use males as an example does not mean that other forms of homosexuality is acceptable
By specifying only men, lesbian activity is not prohibited in the Bible. Male gay sex is prohibited, i.e. if a man lay with another man as with a woman. Otherwise, the Bible specifies both genders when both genders are applicable, and specifies women when the law pertains only to women:

Deuteronomy 22:5 - The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.

1 Timothy 2:11-12 - Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

Genesis 1:27 - So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

1 Peter 3:1 Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands;

Galatians 3:28 - There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Examples are legion. The point is that the Bible is the Bible and you are not. You do not get to speak for the Bible, and you do not get to change it. You do not get to add prohibitions that are not there.

Galatians 3:28 just like Gay marriage goes against the Bible. [/quote]
For this claim of yours to not be heresy, you need to provide the passage from the Bible that prohibits a man from taking a man as a husband, or a woman from being taken as a bride by another woman.

I'm standing by for chapter and verse ... and the text. KJV is preferred.

Typical atheist hate for Christians and a God you do not know
I am not an atheist.
@ptif219, Frank Apisa is an atheist, and he is a compulsive liar who will under no circumstances admit to his atheism. If you are sensing that Frank Apisa hates Christians but he swears up and down that he does not hate Christians, go with your gut and assume that he is lying yet again.

By specifying only men, lesbian activity is not prohibited in the Bible. Male gay sex is prohibited, i.e. if a man lay with another man as with a woman. Otherwise, the Bible specifies both genders when both genders are applicable, and specifies women when the law pertains only to women:

Deuteronomy 22:5 - The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.

1 Timothy 2:11-12 - Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

Genesis 1:27 - So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Galatians 3:28 - There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Examples are legion. The point is that the Bible is the Bible and you are not. You do not get to speak for the Bible, and you do not get to change it. You do not get to add prohibitions that are not there.

Galatians 3:28 just like Gay marriage goes against the Bible.
For this claim of yours to not be heresy, you need to provide the passage from the Bible that prohibits a man from taking a man as a husband, or a woman from being taken as a bride by another woman.

I'm standing by for chapter and verse ... and the text. KJV is preferred.[/QUOTE]

That is crap you show you do not understand Romans 1

Galatians 3:28 just like Gay marriage goes against the Bible.

I'm standing by for chapter and verse ... and the text. KJV is preferred.[/QUOTE]

I see you avoid Romans

https://www.bibletools.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/topical.show/RTD/cgg/ID/424/Lesbianism.htm

That is crap you show you do not understand Romans 1
You show that you have nothing to support your claim. That is not my fault.

... and I don't think you understand Romans 1.

Romans Chapter 1: 26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature
This is about sodomy, not lesbianism. Read the words.

No I have seen the miracles of God. my cancer doctor calls me a miracle because I am a 2 time cancer survivor

If you want to blindly guess there is at least one god...that is your right. But ease up. All it is...is a blind guess.

Happy you survived cancer. I, too, survived cancer.

Proof of what? That Christians figure out ways to marginalize God's laws/rules when they become socially untenable?

So called, "God's laws/rules"...may be nothing more than human laws/rules...attributed to gods. We do not know, mostly because we do not know if there are any gods...and if there are, we do not know if any gods who happen to exist...HAVE LAWS OR RULES.

It would be terrifying to believe that this universe was consciously and deliberately created by an omnipotent entity...
because if that's true,
we were made to be fucked over.

You show that you have nothing to support your claim. That is not my fault.

... and I don't think you understand Romans 1.

This is about sodomy, not lesbianism. Read the words.

You must not have read it

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans 1&version=NKJV

24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the [j]men, leaving the natural use of the [k]woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, [l]sexual immorality, wickedness, [m]covetousness, [n]maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, 30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 [o]undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, [p]unforgiving, unmerciful; 32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

If you want to blindly guess there is at least one god...that is your right. But ease up. All it is...is a blind guess.

Happy you survived cancer. I, too, survived cancer.

Tell that to doctors who can't explain why people did not die other than a Godly touch on their life

Tell that to doctors who can't explain why people did not die other than a Godly touch on their life

Any doctor who tells you that the only reason you did not die is because of the intervention of a "God"...is an idiot. If you want to be treated by an idiot, no problem.

So called, "God's laws/rules"...may be nothing more than human laws/rules...attributed to gods. We do not know, mostly because we do not know if there are any gods...and if there are, we do not know if any gods who happen to exist...HAVE LAWS OR RULES.

While the laws of nature & nature's God tend to exist; human laws/rules attributed to Islam human reproduction medical pseudoscience who happen to exist preying as "man is God" in "one nation under God with equal justice under law" as thieving US Constitution arsonists certainly ensure thieving old testament - old glory arsonists are insured granted standing as law of the land.

Christian Proof-Texting

The claim of Paul and the New Testament authors is that Jesus fulfilled many prophecies connected to the Hebrew Scriptures (so-called Old Testament) and a true believer will easily be able to see them. The gospel according to Matthew, in particular, attempts to cross-reference the miraculous birth, deeds, and proclamations attributed to Jesus with relevant passages found in Tanach. What are the differences in Christianity vs Judaism?

Closer scrutiny, however, reveals a great conspiracy and tampering of the evidence. Not one verse from Tanach proves the messiahship of Jesus. On the contrary, our Jewish sages, for two millennia have had ample time to analyze and decipher all 22,000+ verses in Tanach, and have concluded that Jesus did not fulfill any of its prophecies, nor are there any passages that unambiguously allude to his life or ministry. On the contrary, we will discover how the New Testament distorts and contorts Tanach to make it “bend” to their a priori agenda to “prove” their beliefs about Jesus. Let’s see!

In a certain way, Fundamentalist missionaries shoot the arrow in the target and then draw the bull’s eye around the arrow. In this fashion, they claim to always be correct, making the evidence conform to their foregone conclusions.

https://jewsforjudaism.org/knowledge/articles/christian-proof-texting/

bullshit.....sorry....

We've gotta move on at some point.

This thread came about because someone mentioned God's "dietary laws" on another thread. I'm like, really? An incomprehensible being who knows everything there is to know and who has been around for billions of years, if not forever, cares that we skip meat on Fridays or have some rules around pork and shellfish?

Really?
Pork I understand. It had nothing to do with God.

I can't figure out the shellfish, or fish with no scales restriction though.

I am surrounded by ultra religious Jews all summer. I will have to ask them.

Pork I understand. It had nothing to do with God.

I can't figure out the shellfish, or fish with no scales restriction though.

I am surrounded by ultra religious Jews all summer. I will have to ask them.
My understanding is that both pigs and shellfish aren’t kosher because of their diets. Shellfish are bottom feeders, thus unclean. Pigs will eat carrion and feces, this making them unclean. Muslims don’t ingest pork for the same reason.

Back