THE QUESTION OF WHETHER ANY GODS EXIST...

You're as transparent as glass Frank. Let's go over the check list, shall we?

1. Leftist loon makes a thread challenging others to prove the existence of God. Check.

Actually, I made no such challenge.

I merely asked if anyone COULD establish any of the four items.

And the request went out to atheists who think they can do it also.

Try to keep up.

2. See 1.

See my response above.

Actually, I made no such challenge.

I merely asked if anyone COULD establish any of the four items.

And the request went out to atheists who think they can do it also.

Try to keep up.

See my response above.

Many atheists believe they have proven God doesn't exist and use the theory of evolution to back up their claim. The problem is none of them have ever been able to provide me with the actual picture of my great, great, great, great . . . . great, great, great . . . . grandfather they claim I evolved from millions of years ago.

Oh look, another leftist loon excuse to bash Christians. How original.

I don't think he's bashing Christians.....I just think he's finally realized something the rest of the world has known for millennia.....now is he trolling Christians?.....without a doubt......however he lacks the skill to set the hook.....

I don't think he's bashing Christians.....I just think he's finally realized something the rest of the world has known for millennia.....now is he trolling Christians?.....without a doubt......however he lacks the skill to set the hook.....

I was a "Christian" myself...and consider myself closer to the teachings of Jesus than most supposed Christians of the American Christian persuasion.

I am not trolling them...and I am not bashing them

I've asked some questions that seem upsetting some of you.

You would do well to ask yourself why those questions upset you.

Nice try at avoiding the point, that the link provided proves you wrong.

C'mon, Ooda...you might get away with that kind of crap with an amateur...but you won't with me, because I not an amateur.

So anyway...'splain the math to us, Lucy!

Jeez...I am beginning to think YOU are an amateur.

Many atheists believe they have proven God doesn't exist and use the theory of evolution to back up their claim. The problem is none of them have ever been able to provide me with the actual picture of my great, great, great, great . . . . great, great, great . . . . grandfather they claim I evolved from millions of years ago.

in your case evolution is not a factor

your blood line never evolved

Nah...I don't WANT there to be gods.

If there are...fine with me; if there are none...also fine.

But both sides of the question often seem so sure.

I do not see why either side is "sure."

I have no reason to believe gods or monsters exist.

the evidence of their existence is absent from anything mankind has proof of

what is a GOD?

what is monster?

we might be best served in this discussion to properly define these ideas in a mutual way.

can you give a definition for both so we can begin agreeing on what it is we are actually pondering here?

Maybe we should take EVERY religions definition of god separately and examine if those separate things exist

which religion do you want to start with?

or do you just take all of their separate definitions collectively and claim that is what GODs and MONSTERS are?

First of all...thank you for taking the thread seriously...and for treating it seriously, Evince.

I have no reason to believe gods or monsters exist.

Neither do I.

I also have no reason to "believe" no gods or monsters exist.

the evidence of their existence is absent from anything mankind has proof of

That may or may not be correct.

what is a GOD?

For the purposes of this discussion...I think I'll use whatever you want to use (within reason). My feelings, though, are that IF A GOD EXISTS...it is a part of nature. Obviously it is a part of nature that we do not understand. But calling anything that exists outside of what exists...makes no sense to me.

what is monster?

For the purposes of this discussion...I'll use whatever you want to use . My feelings, though, are that if we limit our definition to only entities that exist here on planet Earth...we ought specify that. To say, "Unicorns seem not to exist", is substantively different from "Unicorns seem not to exist here on planet Earth." (That holds whether you define unicorn as an equine with a single horn extending from its forehead or not.)

we might be best served in this discussion to properly define these ideas in a mutual way.

I agree. Tell me if you disagree with the general comments I've made above...and we can work toward something we can both agree on.

can you give a definition for both so we can begin agreeing on what it is we are actually pondering here?

Done. I think I am willing to accept whatever you propose...unless it is off-the-wall.

C'mon, Ooda...you might get away with that kind of crap with an amateur...but you won't with me, because I not an amateur.

So anyway...'splain the math to us, Lucy!

Jeez...I am beginning to think YOU are an amateur.

Dude, you ax'd for anyone to prove it to you, and someone already has, mathematically, scientifically. You haven't bothered to look at the mathematical proof at the link provided, but you want me to explain it to you. What's your specific question?

Dude, you ax'd for anyone to prove it to you, and someone already has, mathematically, scientifically. You haven't bothered to look at the mathematical proof at the link provided, but you want me to explain it to you. What's your specific question?

My specific question?

Actually, if you read my comments...it is not an actual question. It a request.

Here is my "specific" request of you:

Explain the mathematical proof to us...unless, of course, you are just taking the word of that blog that what the guy claims he did...he actually did.

Should be no problem for you. Right? (He asked with a healthy dose of sarcasm!)

Or...you could stop the bullshit and join evince and moi in a discussion of the topic. Love to have you as part of it. You seem like you may have interesting stuff to contribute.

what post number ?

what post number ?

He's talking about his #7.

Essentially it is Ooda, linking to a blog, that describes what Godel supposedly did (proved that GOD...a specific god...exists.) It is one of those supposed ontological proofs for the existence of god (meaning the Christian god.)

Look it over if you want...but if it doesn't seem nuts within two minutes...you have more staying power than I.

First of all...thank you for taking the thread seriously...and for treating it seriously, Evince.

Neither do I.

I also have no reason to "believe" no gods or monsters exist.

That may or may not be correct.

For the purposes of this discussion...I think I'll use whatever you want to use (within reason). My feelings, though, are that IF A GOD EXISTS...it is a part of nature. Obviously it is a part of nature that we do not understand. But calling anything that exists outside of what exists...makes no sense to me.

For the purposes of this discussion...I'll use whatever you want to use . My feelings, though, are that if we limit our definition to only entities that exist here on planet Earth...we ought specify that. To say, "Unicorns seem not to exist", is substantively different from "Unicorns seem not to exist here on planet Earth." (That holds whether you define unicorn as an equine with a single horn extending from its forehead or not.)

I agree. Tell me if you disagree with the general comments I've made above...and we can work toward something we can both agree on.

Done. I think I am willing to accept whatever you propose...unless it is off-the-wall.

I am an atheist

in my definition ( due to the facts that are known in this momment in time) god is an idea.

it is the manifestation of how some human minds understand their existence in relevance to the world arround them.

are ideas real ?

only in the sense that someone can think them and utter them to others.

that means if you can think it or utter it is real in a sense.

that means any monster you can imagine is real in a sense

that means the gods and monsters any human (or maybe even other animals) can imagine exist in a thought form exist

Now if you want to go where a god or monster that can independently effect the world without being merely a thought passed from one to another living being we may have a problem of proof.

Gods cant exist if they cant be demonstrated to exist in a physical manner.

the same with monsters

did you know what people thought was a unicorn actually exists?

desert sheep viewed from the side.

mythical creatures

Dragons were thought to exist due to huge reptile skeletons found

imagine a person finding a nearly intact teradactile skeleton?

The Cracken was kniwn science at the time

It was a real as a cow to sailors

things like giant octopie being heaved onto a ship in a great storm and slithering off the deck back into the sea pushing men off the deck while doing so

so monsters do not exist

they are merely uneducated descriptions of unknown species

now what is GOD?

something different in each mind that conceives it

uneducated minds trying to precieve things they have no full understanding of

can it be they are each individual minds attempt to understand the very complex interwiring of the human mind?

education can effect the wiring of the mind

if you teach a child more than one language from birth that childs brain will have a more complex and advantageous language wiring system

( I Believe this is why the right hates kids knowing more than one language from birth, they are easier to manipulate and not as adept at language)

brain wiring studies have documented these improved wiring systems in childrens brains.

they have also found that GOD believers have a certain wiring that is different than nonbelievers.

that may be aguired the same way the language thing is huh.

so the fact that people BELIEVE in god has no bearing on a physical existence of God or monsters

Gods and monsters are thoughts and will be embraced by individuals depending on their brain wiring.

that means they are thoughts not physical beings

Back