THE QUESTION OF WHETHER ANY GODS EXIST...

I know you like simple things and that explains why you aren't able to present your "information".

What’s wrong, Jethro? Can’t you answer a simple question about your own personal god? Certainly, you must have some notions of his/her/its characteristics.

Omnipotent?
Omnibenevolent?
Omnipresent?
Omniscient?

Those tend to be the standard Christian concepts. I’m merely asking about the omniscient aspect.

Not in the least. People scared shitless of the prospect of nothingness concoct the wishful myth of something beyond. I understand that. You might give that reality a try, as well.

It is your coping rational that says your life is not worth than a Myth. You are saying Hey my life adds up to being no more than a myth [existing in a myth?].

The notion that you don't have a soul is simply because some one told you you don't and that has formed your opinion.

[Since I am a Hindu Theist learned in Hindu spiritual doctrine I must declare that I know no scriptural sources of information on the constitution of the soul outside of the Hindu Vedic books].

Ya'll aint be having no information on the topic of the soul ---so no wonder snake oil sales men often are overheard by street kids and such thoughts are considered learned by the unlearned.

The "soul" is its own famous element whose unique qualities are "consciousness, blissful ever-existing tiny speck of individuality.

The problem is socalled scriptures actually dont occupy their words with God as a Person with his supreme soul and we as tiny speck size soul.

Our tiny speck size soul gives the vessel of a body to fill with conscious awareness. Each lifetime we spend time doing the same categories of things ---and wanton reactions jolt us or pleasurable excursions lull us into ways to pass the time--- but it is the supreme person that should be sought--- but you don't ---you scrape by without a fuss...and at death you will take another birth on the twisting road going in circles pleasuring your senses and managing to get by trail after trial. Trying to get from a time filled space to a eternal space.

The soul can not vanish. Your death will not lead to a nirvana state. Ignorance is no excuse.

It is your coping rational that says your life is not worth than a Myth. You are saying Hey my life adds up to being no more than a myth [existing in a myth?].

The notion that you don't have a soul is simply because some one told you you don't and that has formed your opinion.

[Since I am a Hindu Theist learned in Hindu spiritual doctrine I must declare that I know no scriptural sources of information on the constitution of the soul outside of the Hindu Vedic books].

Ya'll aint be having no information on the topic of the soul ---so no wonder snake oil sales men often are overheard by street kids and such thoughts are considered learned by the unlearned.

The "soul" is its own famous element whose unique qualities are "consciousness, blissful ever-existing tiny speck of individuality.

The problem is socalled scriptures actually dont occupy their words with God as a Person with his supreme soul and we as tiny speck size soul.

Our tiny speck size soul gives the vessel of a body to fill with conscious awareness. Each lifetime we spend time doing the same categories of things ---and wanton reactions jolt us or pleasurable excursions lull us into ways to pass the time--- but it is the supreme person that should be sought--- but you don't ---you scrape by without a fuss...and at death you will take another birth on the twisting road going in circles pleasuring your senses and managing to get by trail after trial. Trying to get from a time filled space to a eternal space.

The soul can not vanish. Your death will not lead to a nirvana state. Ignorance is no excuse.

That there is no afterlife says NOTHING about the worth of a life while we’re here.

No one told me I don’t have a soul. Quite the opposite. Religious lemmings have been indoctrinated with the concepts of heaven and hell and life after death. Usually, from childhood on by their parents. Some come to the realization that it’s all wishful bullshit. Some don’t and reindoctrinate their children just as they were. Generations of the same dogma.

What’s wrong, Jethro? Can’t you answer a simple question about your own personal god? Certainly, you must have some notions of his/her/its characteristics.

Omnipotent?
Omnibenevolent?
Omnipresent?
Omniscient?

Those tend to be the standard Christian concepts. I’m merely asking about the omniscient aspect.

But it does appear to be you who wants to assign all of those designations, so it would behoove you to clarify your confusion.

Otherwise it just opens the door for you to not really become involved and instead, only try to pick apart someone else's response.

The inescapable set up is we are here in the field and one supra-common denominator always lurks in the deepest shadows:
"Without the presence of the persona, all paraphernalia is without meaning nor purpose for existing. There is always a persona behind the paraphernalia"

Without truth in the waterfalls of concession...no hubris exists in the minds of those who will not.

That's OK Francis, you go right on believing that.

Here’s how I view you.

https://media.giphy.com/media/YnVuogBiaiAGQ/giphy.gif[IMG]

Now show everyone how your OCD makes you reply. :D[/QUOTE]

My name is not Francis...I do not do "believing."

You are my pet, US. Here is how I think of you today:
[img]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUoNSubmaMw4PFrkStIN1lwmrcYzHRJVdvQm7tAaWl79GGHES5

I stand by my position in the OP:

On the question of whether gods exist or not...all one can do is to make a blind guess.

I maintain that one cannot use logic, reason, science, or math to substantiate (or establish, prove, validate) any of the following:

"At least one god exists."

"No gods exist."

"It is more likely that at least one god exists...than that no gods exist."

"It is more likely that no gods exist...than that at least one god exists."

All four of those assertions (as shown) are merely blind guesses about the true nature of the REALITY of existence.

(Note: One can make reasonable assertions about certain characteristics of any gods that are asserted to exist using logic and reason.)

I maintain that one cannot use logic, reason, science, or math to substantiate (or establish, prove, validate) any of the following:

"At least one god exists."

"No gods exist."

"It is more likely that at least one god exists...than that no gods exist."

"It is more likely that no gods exist...than that at least one god exists."

)

nothing to argue with there.......the only point you've ever argued here is that you can insult believers by mumbling "blind guess" for 36pages..........not a real winner of an argument.....

But it does appear to be you who wants to assign all of those designations, so it would behoove you to clarify your confusion.

Otherwise it just opens the door for you to not really become involved and instead, only try to pick apart someone else's response.

somebody quote the "simple question" from domer.....I want to ridicule him by answering it......

Not a one. YOU have a god, not me. Yours has none of those traits?

Not much of a god

Frank Apisa presents a pair of dichotomies; and PostModernProphet declares
nothing to argue with there

... and really?!?, Frank Apisa has only argued that he can only insult believers?!?

Rather disingenuous remarks on PMP's behalf, it appears.

, Frank Apisa has only argued that he can only insult believers?!?

Where the hell is this coming from?

I am not insulting "believers."

If someone wants to guess there is a god...or wants to guess there are no gods...

...fine by me. And...if they want to call their guesses "beliefs" (for whatever reason)...

...also fine by me.

It is not an insult to call that out.

One other thing, hypGnosis...I state my position on this issue very clearly. Do you?

Here's mine:

I do not know if gods exist or not;
I see no reason to suspect gods CANNOT EXIST...that the existence of gods is impossible;
I see no reason to suspect that gods MUST EXIST...that gods are needed to explain existence;
I do not see enough unambiguous evidence upon which to base a meaningful guess in either direction...

...so I don't.

So...how about offering yours clearly?

Frankly speaking, to Frank, no less, I have no knowledge of the existence of gods other than in people's imaginations.

In looking back over centuries of discussions & carefully crafted polemics, no one has yet to proffer valid/incontrovertible evidence that this or that god has any basis in reality.

Clear enough?

Frankly speaking, to Frank, no less, I have no knowledge of the existence of gods other than in people's imaginations.

In looking back over centuries of discussions & carefully crafted polemics, no one has yet to proffer valid/incontrovertible evidence that this or that god has any basis in reality.

Clear enough?

Not really.

My position is clear.

Yours is not.

some dickhead says belief is blind guessing.......apparently you got the blame for what the dickhead posted........your names are very much alike.......

PMP believes he will live forever if he mumbles the correct magical incantations to himself on his knees.
How many different ways can we define insanity?

Last edited:
What in my previous reply was opaque/translucent/not-clear?

NOT CLEAR.

Here is what I did not find out about your position...that you know about mine

You mentioned that you "...have no knowledge of the existence of gods other than in people's imaginations."

Do you have any knowledge that no gods exist?

You mentioned that "In looking back over centuries of discussions & carefully crafted polemics, no one has yet to proffer valid/incontrovertible evidence that this or that god has any basis in reality."

In looking back over the centuries of discussions & carefully crafted polemics, has anyone ever proffered valid/incontrovertible evidence that no gods exist?

Do you guess that no gods exist?

Do you guess that at least one god exists?

Do you guess that it is more likely that no gods exist...than that at least one god exists?

Do you guess that it is more likely that at least one god exists...than that no gods exist.

When I get that information...then your position will be "clear."

Back