The Spouses

Here is the link....

http://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?t=8124

This is speculation on my part, but....

Obama needs Edwards to say in, IMO. That is, if one is an Obama fan. And wants to see Obama win.

Why?

One, who is running this democratic primary with the most progressive rhetoric? Edwards is the most progressive. Clinton is next. Obama is running with the least progressive rhetoric. Obama's got the least progressive rhetoric of the top three contenders. As such, don't assume that Edwards voters - who are most progressive of democratic primary activists - automatically goes to Obama, if Edwards drops out. I'm not going to assume that. Obama has been doing great with independents and swing voters. But from here on out, he's running in closed primaries. In other words, the road to the white house for him runs straight through the heart of progressive democratic activists.

KOS said:
Who is running with the most progressive rhetoric? Edwards, first. Then Clinton. And then Obama, who is still trying to be a palatable general election candidate rather than close the deal in the primary. So riddle me this -- in a Democratic primary, where will many Edwards supporters go? Don't assume it'll be Obama if they're looking for the strongest Democratic voice in the race.

Obama's path to the nomination at this point runs through Democratic voters. And ultimately, while my absentee ballot will be mailed out Monday with his name checked off, I'm pessimistic that he can win. He has shown no proclivity for speaking in unambiguous progressive tones, and it could cost him the election.

WOW Cypress you are truly a scumbag.... You literally copy Markos's words and claim them as your own original thoughts....

What a disingenious fucker Cypress is....

CK

Really? I said that republican men tend to prefer traditional first ladies in the white house.

I then provided scholarly and academic evidence that says that republicans, and men in particular DO prefer traditional first ladies in the white house

http://justplainpolitics.com/showpost.php?p=196358&postcount=18

Want to rethink that score? :)

2 posts that are purely danecdotal, and 2 others that say nothing of Republicans, but men in general. You're going to use those words to back up your case? :rolleyes:

And you wonder why you're labeled as disingenuous?

Seriously.

This is utter hogwash. You've been taken to school and back. How do you possibly stand by this drivel?

CK didn't link up KOS, so I don't know if he's full of shit, but the above is obviously ineffective at making your case.

They'd rather disparage women who make a decision to care for children just so that they can pretend to be "superior" somehow because they have women with "real jobs", than to understand that they are actually disparaging women for making a choice to do what they wanted. It's gross. It's unsupported by anything other than that wish to feel "superior" by disparaging women.

They'd rather disparage women who make a decision to care for children just so that they can pretend to be "superior" somehow because they have women with "real jobs", than to understand that they are actually disparaging women for making a choice to do what they wanted. It's gross. It's unsupported by anything other than that wish to feel "superior" by disparaging women.

Yes, of course, the women is supposed to stay home and sweep the floor while the man goes out and makes the money. Women are weak and need protection.

Yes, of course, the women is supposed to stay home and sweep the floor while the man goes out and makes the money. Women are weak and need protection.
And it is your turn. The reality is, these women make a choice.

Strong women can make choices like that, even though they know that people like Cypress will choose to disparage them because they don't fit into the box they are now expected to fit in.

And it is your turn. The reality is, these women make a choice.

Strong women can make choices like that, even though they know that people like Cypress will choose to disparage them because they don't fit into the box they are now expected to fit in.

Watching 24 makes you a strong woman.

I really truly do think the "24" was the end of our civilized society.
No that was Social Security. The extended family was effectively ended, allowing families to believe that the old were "cared for" when in actuality they were abused by strangers in nursing homes. The first generation of kids were raised without the benefit of learning the wisdom of the elder generation... This began a social gap that continues to widen today....

:D

This is what's wrong with this country, complete traditional wholesome families are viewed with contempt by some, this mindset is the bedrock of our divorce, abortion, self responsibility problem. It's much more difficult to raise a good family than to get a college degree, and your contempt of them is naive and self destructive.

I think it's gross that you are acting as if women who choose to stay home and raise children are the ones under attack. It has always been women who choose the opposite who are attacked as anti-family, bad mothers, and unfeminine.

This entire subject is a debate going on within the feminist community and I frankly find it absurd for men to be involved in it at all. None of you have anything interesting to say on the subject.

My personal view is that women should not attack other women for life choices of any kind.

I have always been attacked and viewed with suspicion because I do not want children. Most have assumed I can't have them. Wrong. Many have assumed I must want them. Wrong again.

Most of the people who have attacked me have been other women. Well, and Topper. lol

Here is the link....

http://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?t=8124

WOW Cypress you are truly a scumbag.... You literally copy Markos's words and claim them as your own original thoughts....

What a disingenious fucker Cypress is....

CK

Why don't you shut up about Markos? How many days do we have to have you in here ranting about who Markos is supporting and how anyone who thinks differently than Markos is a "Lieberman democrat".

What are you, his fluffer?

Nobody cares what Markos says or thinks or who he is supporting. He's a legend in two minds; his and yours.

People do vote based on preferences. Therefore cypress is saying republicans vote for people based on their wife being a stay at home mom.

People do vote based on preferences. Therefore cypress is saying republicans vote for people based on their wife being a stay at home mom.

And they don't?

Anyone who lived through watching Hillary be demonized in the 90's and Laura being saintified in the bush years, who thinks that so-called traditional values voters (hello, they call themselves this people, get the shit out of your ears), and can make the claim that this doesn't play into it, is just plain lying, or too stupid to go outside without supervision.

This thread is such a crock of shit.

Ohhh, a stay at home mom has been disparaged, gentlemen, your swords!

Meanwhile, during the 90's they hated Hillary. But that was ok.

I think it's gross that you are acting as if women who choose to stay home and raise children are the ones under attack.

women who choose to stay at home are attacked. That's the premise of the whole post. "Look at the stepford wives ... etc".

I have something to say about. I prefer a woman with love in her heart and a point to her life than some status conscious, baby-hating hag who's fixated on denigrating everything and everyone around her, like a darla.

women who choose to stay at home are attacked. That's the premise of the whole post. "Look at the stepford wives ... etc".

I have something to say about. I prefer a woman with love in her heart and a point to her life than some status conscious, baby-hating hag who's fixated on denigrating everything and everyone around her, like a darla.

Society always has and always will, denigrate and attack women who choose not to stay home with children more brutally and more often than the reverse.

Your own post is just proof of that.

And asshat, here is a newsflash for you: no woman is ever having your baby. You're not going through a bad streak, or having an unlucky couple of years.

No woman is ever having your baby, traditional or otherwise.

The closest you'll ever get to sex is abusing me on a message board with one hand on the keyboard. If a woman ever got drunk enough to accidently sleep with you, she would be at her doctor's office the next day getting the morning after pill.

Which is exactly why a cretin like you is anti-choice. Should you ever get someone drunk enough to impregnante them, where else would we expect to find you but standing outside of a pregnancy clinic, with a picture of a bloody fetus, screaming and raging at women, desperately trying to hold your place in the gene pool?

Yeah...no surprise.

Society always has and always will, denigrate and attack women who choose not to stay home with children more brutally and more often than the reverse.
Funny. All I see is you attacking stay at home moms. You drew first blood, against stay at home moms.
Your own post is just proof of that.

And asshat, here is a newsflash for you: no woman is ever having your baby. You're not going through a bad streak, or having an unlucky couple of years.

No woman is ever having your baby, traditional or otherwise.

The closest you'll ever get to sex is abusing me on a message board with one hand on the keyboard. If a woman ever got drunk enough to accidently sleep with you, she would be at her doctor's office the next day getting the morning after pill.

Which is exactly why a cretin like you is anti-choice. Should you ever get someone drunk enough to impregnante them, where else would we expect to find you but standing outside of a pregnancy clinic, with a picture of a bloody fetus, screaming and raging at women, desperately trying to hold your place in the gene pool?

Yeah...no surprise.

Im actually pro-choice. But It's definitely killing a baby. I can't imagine being forced to carry a kid I really didn't want. Don't let a little thing my actual beliefs get in the way of your deranged ranting.

Funny. All I see is you attacking stay at home moms. You drew first blood, against stay at home moms.

That's what you see, because that's what a woman "like me" represents to a cretin like you.

Of course, there is not one word in any of my posts doing any such thing, and in fact, I specificaly said that in my view, women should not attack each other over their life choices.

You need to see that because you need women to be subservient. And to make and keep women subservient, you need to divide them.

But I am not divided from women. I have never played that game, and never will play that game.

Honey, I just ain't never gonna be that desperate for male attention.

Sorry. Go bark up some other skirt.

While I respect the stay at home mother and belive that it is a very honerable and Difficult job, I do find it interesting the difference between the two groups. The Democrats marry educated working women. So did I.

Maybe a few decades ago, but Damocles has been right in this thread. Ever since the feminist movement has gained popularity, the woman in the work force as opposed to the stay-at-home mom is the one that has been held in high esteem.

Feminists (especially hardcore ones) often miss the point of feminism-- that it is about having the choice to stay at home or have a career or both...and obviously that is an oversimplification of the feminist movement and its goals, but I believe it holds true. However, as the years go by some women (especially the turbo-fems) seem to forget that some women don't want a career...those women are not to be vilified for making a life choice, yet often they are.

Yes, Darla, there are still some right-wing idiots here and there that will make disparaging remarks about women in the work place...but that isn't the majority of the population. The real trouble is showing the population that being a mother is just as valid and respectable as seeking a career.

Back