The Supreme Court did not say!!

I believe that "No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any state, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any state legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any state, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability." specifically and intentionally excludes two people......the President and the Vice President.......I also believe that every one except the most rabid and virulent of demmycrats believe that as well.....

So VP and POTIS are not office holders, Gotcha.

Very interesting to me that the Supreme Court did not say Trumps actions were not an insurrection, they simply said States do not have the power to remove him after such a finding.

They could have said, Trump was innocent, they refused to do so.

courts don't answer questions that weren't asked. they dealt specifically with one issue. all else is irrelevant and moot

I believe that "No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any state, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any state legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any state, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability." specifically and intentionally excludes two people......the President and the Vice President.......I also believe that every one except the most rabid and virulent of demmycrats believe that as well.....

...Article II, Section 1, Clause 1: The executive Power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America. He shall hold his Office during the Term of four Years, and, together with the Vice President, chosen for the same Term, be elected, as follows. U.S. Const....

cite

I wonder if QP has realized yet that those aren't the same parts of the constitution......probably not.......he's a demmycrat.......

MAGAts don't realize it's the same Constitution and all parts apply. It's like when they cherry-pick the Bible to attack gays then choose to forget that adultery is a mortal sin.

I wonder if QP has realized yet that those aren't the same parts of the constitution......probably not.......he's a demmycrat.......

Oh, is this the new argument now? That only certain parts of the Constitution count and others do not and are to be ignored?

I posted it prior , but there are something like 30 references to the "OFFICE" of the POTUS in the Constitution. But i guess you would say 'they don't count and are to be ignored as they are in the parts we do not pay attention to'.

courts don't answer questions that weren't asked. they dealt specifically with one issue. all else is irrelevant and moot

This court reaches like no court ever. They are happy to make laws that are far right wing and pro corporations. They destroy precedence casually.Calling balls and strikes is far from what they do. The idea that states run elections has now been blown up. The Supremes decided that they would take the decisions of presidential elections into their own hands. Show me that in the Constitution.

This court reaches like no court ever. They are happy to make laws that are far right wing and pro corporations. They destroy precedence casually.Calling balls and strikes is far from what they do. The idea that states run elections has now been blown up. The Supremes decided that they would take the decisions of presidential elections into their own hands. Show me that in the Constitution.

wrong. your bias is showing. states still run elections, but the federal government has Constitutional authority to ensure that every state has a fair election.

Article. IV.
Section. 4.
The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government

Back