The U.S. national debt exceeded $33 trillion for the first time ever

Debt is wealth. I've said it before on this board. If you understand how fractional reserve banking truly works, you would embrace the national debt. The worst thing that could possibly happen in our modern financial system would be for the US to have zero debt.

No one is saying 'zero debt'. Of course debt is very valuable in the Capital stack.

What Republi'cans' do is run up the credit cards to the point where the country is one disaster away then from going broke, knowing that the next Dem gov't will come in and and massively bring it down, while getting the country back on a healthier track.

Of course you won't. No need to do so since it's easily Googled. What you won't explain is why raising our debt level to 150% of GDP is a good idea. Is it because you don't really understand it, son?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fractional-reserve_banking

https://documents1.worldbank.org/curated/en/509771468337915456/pdf/WPS5391.pdf

You strike me as a low work, no reason kind of guy, 'Murica. A Dark Soul. LOL

I've learned long ago not to waste more than a paragraph explaining things online. People would rather opine than read.

I've learned long ago not to waste more than a paragraph explaining things online. People would rather opine than read.
From what I've seen you write, 'Murica, you only think you know the answers but don't. That's fine. You're not the only person who has an overinflated opinion of his own education. Several others just like you are the same way. It's a curious phenomenon to study.

We need to raise revenue. Tax the wealthy and corporations. Close loopholes and off-shoring.

Agreed. The "cut spending mantra" has been the Republican battle cry for 30 years now. What they really want to do is defund the Federal government and collapse the US into 50 little countries.

From what I've seen you write, 'Murica, you only think you know the answers but don't. That's fine. You're not the only person who has an overinflated opinion of his own education. Several others just like you are the same way. It's a curious phenomenon to study.

People who write in the passive voice lack confidence.

I was referring to some of your posts, like when you pretended to be a psychiatrist.
I'm not a psychiatrist, 'Murica. See? That's exactly what I mean about you leaping to conclusions. It blinds you to the truth.

When a person consistently lies or is in error, everything they say or post becomes suspect. It's also a peculiar character trait.

I'm not a psychiatrist, 'Murica. See? That's exactly what I mean about you leaping to conclusions. It blinds you to the truth.

When a person consistently lies or is in error, everything they say or post becomes suspect. It's also a peculiar character trait.

You claimed to have studied psychology or whatever.

No one is saying 'zero debt'. Of course debt is very valuable in the Capital stack.

What Republi'cans' do is run up the credit cards to the point where the country is one disaster away then from going broke, knowing that the next Dem gov't will come in and and massively bring it down, while getting the country back on a healthier track.

Blatant lie.

Agreed. Let's not forget the Republican who greatly increased the size of the US government, signed the Patriot Act and blew a Trillion taxpayer dollars in Iraq:

R.a5a38a167c217ebdb1ee651c813a4b57

I don't.

Debt is wealth. I've said it before on this board. If you understand how fractional reserve banking truly works, you would embrace the national debt. The worst thing that could possibly happen in our modern financial system would be for the US to have zero debt.

Debt is not wealth. It's debt...a liability.
The Federal Reserve is not only unconstitutional, it's problems of issuing fiat currency are starting to become obvious.

The debt is not debt of the Federal Reserve, it's debt of the government.

Back