The Unanswered Thread

You originally asserted that "Happy Holidays" DOES exclude Christmas. then, when called on it, you tried to pretend that you said that "Happy Holidays" makes the far religious right FEEL excluded.

You still haven't embraced honesty.

You went from
Happy Holidays excludes Christmas...to

Happy Holidays makes the far religious right feel excluded...to

You're drunk
I went nowhere. I stated that they "feel" that way. You refuse to admit your argument is totally fallacious and based in total disregard of what I actually wrote.

You originally asserted that "Happy Holidays" DOES exclude Christmas. then, when called on it, you tried to pretend that you said that "Happy Holidays" makes the far religious right FEEL excluded.

You still haven't embraced honesty.

I did not. This was my original assertion on "exclusion", I'll even bold and underline the important parts for you so that you can re-read them honestly instead of drunkenly being combative for no reason.

I told you earlier that it was a joke. What more do you want?

Really, I don't think it is that big of a deal. However my solution allows all of the holidays to be represented while not giving the far religious right an excuse to whine about exclusion.

So, either you failed remedial reading or you are being directly and purposefully disingenuous. Or you are too drunk to honestly debate on the topic. Which is it, my friend?

No, it has to do with resolving the issue, taking both the reason to feel "attacked" by being excluded away as well as including each holiday as its own separate celebration rather than a generic and weak "greeting".

Let's try this again. you are referring to individuals interacting, pertaining to "The Holidays"

This discussion, is OBVIOUSLY about private enterprise posting signs that read "Happy Holidays", in the effort to get as much business as possible.

Right WINGNUTS scream that this is SOMEHOW an "Attack On Christmas" (this includes such "fair and balanced" individuals as O'Reilly and Beck)

If you were HONEST, you would ALSO stand up and say that such claims are FUCKING RIDICULOUS.

Let's try this again. you are referring to individuals interacting, pertaining to "The Holidays"

This discussion, is OBVIOUSLY about private enterprise posting signs that read "Happy Holidays", in the effort to get as much business as possible.

Right WINGNUTS scream that this is SOMEHOW an "Attack On Christmas" (this includes such "fair and balanced" individuals as O'Reilly and Beck)

If you were HONEST, you would ALSO stand up and say that such claims are FUCKING RIDICULOUS.
Earlier in the thread I also alluded to businesses. I would prefer that they use multiple signs than a generic greeting.

Instead, you try to draw the conversation in different directions, to try to dilute it.
No, you simply ignore posts and pretend that they don't exist in an attempt to create a new strawman. However this one is so tired that it can't even stand on the broken stick you try to prop it up on.

Your argument is so weak it is based on deliberate ignorance rather than actually reading what was posted.

I've yet to meet a person on the street who reacts negatively to "Happy Holidays", or "Merry Christmas".

Such is NOT what this thread is about. This thread is about the fact that partisan SCUMBAGS make it in issue IN THE MEDIA.

That was OBVIOUS...and your attempt to draw it away from that shows your character.

I've yet to meet a person on the street who reacts negatively to "Happy Holidays", or "Merry Christmas".

Such is NOT what this thread is about. This thread is about the fact that partisan SCUMBAGS make it in issue IN THE MEDIA.

That was OBVIOUS...and your attempt to draw it away from that shows your character.
No my attempt to provide a different solution than the one you want seems to offend you so deeply that you become apoplectic and cannot see even the simplest post that agrees with you then provides a different opinion on how to deal with it.

You tried to cover up for the bullshit that has been spread on the right for the last several years, and when I point that out, you attack me personally.

You're making it worse, Damocles.
What your drunkenposting? I can't. You have already shown that you can't even read when you are this drunk. Come by some time when you are sober so we can actually have a conversation. I used to like having conversations with you.

You tried to cover up for the bullshit that has been spread on the right for the last several years, and when I point that out, you attack me personally.
Rubbish.

I agreed with you. Must I quote that one too? Then I provided a different solution than the one you clearly, and partisanly, prefer.

Your "solution" deals with INDIVIDUAL communicating with one another, NOT media...as I pointed out earlier. therefore, your so-called" solution isn't only an attempt to evade admitting to the RIDICULOUS nature of the claim, it is also an attempt to reframe the situation entirely.

Also, please note for me, who called whom an "a-hole". I'd thank you to be honest with your own hypocrisy.

As I said, simple combative posting may be argument, but it is a weak one.

Your "solution" deals with INDIVIDUAL communicating with one another, NOT media...as I pointed out earlier. therefore, your so-called" solution isn't only an attempt to evade admitting to the RIDICULOUS nature of the claim, it is also an attempt to reframe the situation entirely.
Again, READ THE THREAD, I posted about companies as well, when Watermark asked.

You can find it, I have trust in you.

You are re-writing history. You posted your "solution" as if it addressed what I said, when it obviously didn't.

Your "solution" dealt with a problem I did not say existed, and do not feel exists.

The problem is MEDIA figures making the ridiculous claim, not individuals in everyday conversation.

I post here, and again bold, italicize, and underline the important part, so that you can see I didn't "lie" when I said I had agreed with you. There is no need for me to "argue" in agreement, although you seem to have some odd belief that when I agree it is some sort of attack.

One more time:

1. Yes they have been. And continuing the generic greeting solution only continues their perceived exclusion. While my solution takes away their "issue" with it while still including all the other holidays.

2. Yes. I agree. And I think the large amount of "leaders" of their group use it to perpetuate their position in their community.

3. You refuse to actually read what I write so that you can pretend that I am somehow your "enemy" regardless of my actual opinion. This is a weak and tired view of partisanship, the same thing you attempt to show contempt for earlier in the thread.

4. You are one sorry debater when you are drunk

Back