The Unanswered Thread

1) I OBVIOUSLY wasn't stating that ALL of the media was claiming that Christmas was under attack. Don't be pedantic.

Yet it is what you stated. I was simply holding you to the apparent standard that you pretend to hold me to while actually ignoring my posts and creating strawmen from deliberate ignorance.

2) How can you get ANY MORE INCLUSIVE than to say "Happy Holidays"? (Just to inform you, that means ANY POSSIBLE HOLIDAY)

I said it is generic. And I said it was "perceived" not real. How can you possibly be that unable to comprehend the written word accurately?

3) The religious right pundits (that includes those who really couldn't care less about religion, but pander to the voting block) have NOTHING to reasonably complain about.

Which is what I said. I said, "I believe that they create the issue from thin air in order to promote power within their community"...

And then I said, "That does not mean we should dismiss the opinion of those they convince."

They are complaining because THEIR HOLIDAY ISN'T BEING GIVEN SPECIAL TREATMENT.

And if all holidays were given that same "special" treatment it would be both inclusive and take away all of the excuses they have to complain.

Amazingly, we are back here again.

Little clue, Damocles:

When I say "far right" many times, in reference to a concept, then refrain from saying it after many times, that doesn't mean that I am suddenly implying that it isn't a matter of the far right. It simply means that I've said it enough times to not need to explicitly state it anymore. Learn how BASIC LANGUAGE SKILLS work.

Also, pretending that you were saying something ALL ALONG, when you didn't insert it into your argument until halfway through, just shows, once again, how dishonest you are.

Little clue, Damocles:

When I say "far right" many times, in reference to a concept, then refrain from saying it after many times, that doesn't mean that I am suddenly implying that it isn't a matter of the far right. It simply means that I've said it enough times to not need to explicitly state it anymore. Learn how BASIC LANGUAGE SKILLS work.

Also, pretending that you were saying something ALL ALONG, when you didn't insert it into your argument until halfway through, just shows, once again, how dishonest you are.
Pretending we are not holding a conversation and that points made throughout don't exist is disingenuous.

I made a statement of what I think should be done. You either questioned or made assertions. I either answered the question or defended against the assertion.

It was a conversation. All of it is inclusive. Pretending otherwise is preposterous. Nobody expects each post to be all inclusive of your full opinion in a thread. It is why we continue to post in a thread.

How do you give ALL Holidays "the same special treatment"

Special means "not like the others, better"

You just get more silly.
You post a sign for each of them, then allow each person to state which holiday they prefer in their greeting rather than a generic one. Everybody's holiday gets the level of respect it deserves without being dismissed into the generic and creating the illusion of exclusion.

Are you pretending that my post doesn't exist again?

if you were to simply treat all of the people better than you treated everyone else...

Think about how STUPID that is.
This only comes from deliberately ignoring the meaning of the conversation we have just had. It's like having to start all over.

I thought that Cypress was the king of disingenuity. I was sorely mistaken.

You made a statement of what you think "should be done" pertaining to individuals interacting in everyday life. This thread is about claims made IN THE MEDIA, not everyday people interacting.

Quit trying to pretend that your first response was reasonable. You tried to re-frame the question to detract from an obvious fact.

Any person who refused to shop at a store because said store didn't explicitly wish them a "Happy-whatever-the-fuck-you-waste-your-time-on-day" is a fucking moron.

You made a statement of what you think "should be done" pertaining to individuals interacting in everyday life. This thread is about claims made IN THE MEDIA, not everyday people interacting.

Quit trying to pretend that your first response was reasonable. You tried to re-frame the question to detract from an obvious fact.
That is where the conversation began, yes. However, as in any conversation, I continued to expand on the idea as questions and assertions were made.

it is fucking ridiculous to expect any private enterprise to post a sign for every possible holiday.
It isn't. There are just not that many celebrated at that time, and not every holiday should be celebrated with signs because not all of the religions want them, and some would take it as an insult.

That is where the conversation began, yes. However, as in any conversation, I continued to expand on the idea as questions and assertions were made.

...and I stuck with that POINT, while you tried to go in another direction so as to DETRACT from that point, rather than address it 9while attempting t make it SEEM like you addressed it).

It is Straw man via re-framing the topic in a similar vein, while pretending to address it.

...and I stuck with that POINT, while you tried to go in another direction so as to DETRACT from that point, rather than address it 9while attempting t make it SEEM like you addressed it).

It is Straw man via re-framing the topic in a similar vein, while pretending to address it.
Rubbish. I simply defended against your assertions of what I said as they were fallacious and not based in the actual posts.

As in any conversation, even one as unnecessarily combative as this one, it is a give and take. That is how they go.

You could have chosen to simply say, "And how does this deal with the media, blah, blah?"

Instead of, "You are a liar!" and the conversation would have gone differently.

All of mine have been on topic and thought out as well as possible in a quick exchange.

Let's try this again ... The complaints deal with the fact that Christianity isn't being given SPECIAL (note, this is NOT in quotes) treatment.

Just as Fundamentalist Christians are taught to feel that they are "under attack" by the masses, regardless of REALITY, these LIARS are claiming that Christmas is "under attack", simply because it isn't being given SPECIAL FUCKING TREATMENT

When you make a statement that is not on topic, but has a similarity, while pretending it IS on topic, you are being dishonest. Period.

try to weasel out of it all you like, reality stands.

I've dealt with hundreds of people who've used said tactics in the past. I can spot them from a mile off. try to cover your tracks all you like, you're just digging a bigger hole.

Let's try this again ... The complaints deal with the fact that Christianity isn't being given SPECIAL (note, this is NOT in quotes) treatment.

Just as Fundamentalist Christians are taught to feel that they are "under attack" by the masses, regardless of REALITY, these LIARS are claiming that Christmas is "under attack", simply because it isn't being given SPECIAL FUCKING TREATMENT
And, again.

My solution is to give all of the holidays that are celebrated at that same time the same exact consideration that they ask for Christmas. Including signs naming the holiday, and allowing people who work there to say the greeting from the Holiday they celebrate rather than making it all generic. This takes away all the power of "perception" that they use to promote that particular impression to their masses and perpetuate their power in their community and all the reason to report it in the news. It defuses the bomb.

It is also inclusive.

Back