The Unanswered Thread

When you make a statement that is not on topic, but has a similarity, while pretending it IS on topic, you are being dishonest. Period.

try to weasel out of it all you like, reality stands.
All of my statements pertained to the topic.

Disregarding them, or pretending that they don't exist is simply fallacious argument and deliberately disingenuous. I also "met many" in the past.... blah, blah.

Including the ones that continue to use the Rubber/Glue defense well past its usefulness.

A statement about how individuals can interact pertaining to "happy holidays" is NOT dealing with MEDIA statements that "Christmas id under attack". trying to pass it off as such is nothing but dishonesty. Period.

You tried to draw away from the actual subject. You got caught. End of story.

Shall we hang EVERY possible name on the "plastic bicycle license plate" so that NO ONE feels that they are "being attacked"?

"They don't have [D;NS;NDFPSBNDGSPPV'EGWRP[SOGVFAE'P'P as a pre-made plastic bicycle license plate!!! I'm being attacked!!!!!"

A statement about how individuals can interact pertaining to "happy holidays" is NOT dealing with MEDIA statements that "Christmas id under attack". trying to pass it off as such is nothing but dishonesty. Period.

You tried to draw away from the actual subject. You got caught. End of story.
Again, I will bold and underline the important parts so that you can no longer pretend dishonestly that they were not made.

My solution is to give all of the holidays that are celebrated at that same time the same exact consideration that they ask for Christmas. Including signs naming the holiday, and allowing people who work there to say the greeting from the Holiday they celebrate rather than making it all generic. This takes away all the power of "perception" that they use to promote that particular impression to their masses and perpetuate their power in their community and all the reason to report it in the news. It defuses the bomb.

You are embarrassing yourself by being so disingenuous you pretend you can't comprehend the English in the post.

Shall we hang EVERY possible name on the "plastic bicycle license plate" so that NO ONE feels that they are "being attacked"?

"They don't have [D;NS;NDFPSBNDGSPPV'EGWRP[SOGVFAE'P'P as a pre-made plastic bicycle license plate!!! I'm being attacked!!!!!"
LOL.

Create a form to order your name if it is not represented. The license plates are not what we are discussing, we are discussing the perceived war on Christmas and solutions to that particular "problem".

There are a very limited number of holidays celebrated at that time, it is preposterous to equate these two. Your analogy sucks.

Rather than simply admit that "The War on Christmas" is a stupid, ridiculously dishonest, partisan tactic, you try to provide ridiculous "solutions" to placate those who are fucking stupid.

You are saying, that because there is a limited number of Holidays, it's okay to insist that your religion is being attacked because your holiday isn't being explicitly referred to.

Rather than simply admit that "The War on Christmas" is a stupid, ridiculously dishonest, partisan tactic, you try to provide ridiculous "solutions" to placate those who are fucking stupid.
Right. Just as people who felt that we needed to make a generic greeting to include people who weren't complaining created a solution to a perceived problem.

It's like taking the toy that the children are fighting over away. Just defuse the bomb entirely.

There are only 10 members of my rugby team, known as 'the stupid-religio-fanatics"

If someone says "Team, I love all you guys"....I AM BEING ATTACKED!

Right. Just as people who felt that we needed to make a generic greeting to include people who weren't complaining created a solution to a perceived problem.

It's like taking the toy that the children are fighting over away. Just defuse the bomb entirely.

...and completely refuse to acknowledge the stupidity when it is coming from your side of the aisle.

Look.

The reality is that some of their followers are convinced, whether it is coming from the podium or from the media.

Because some are convinced it actually does create a real problem for the businesses. Instead of continuing the "battle" (note the quote marks please) it would be best to seek a solution that would defuse the issue. I propose something that I think would work while promoting diversity at the same time.

You propose ignoring that it does actually become an issue for business owners and just running around shouting "stupid".

Look:

People will, generally, claim something they know is dishonest, if they:

a) want it to be "true"

b) feel that enough people will regurgitate the same falsehood so as they can be in a large enough group as to feel comfortable

Why should private enterprise make changes based on said group's ridiculous behavior, other than to have a positive impact on the bottom line?

Look:

People will, generally, claim something they know is dishonest, if they:

a) want it to be "true"

b) feel that enough people will regurgitate the same falsehood so as they can be in a large enough group as to feel comfortable

Why should private enterprise make changes based on said group's ridiculous behavior, other than to have a positive impact on the bottom line?
That is where the solution would create benefits for the company. That is the point of what I propound.

It has the added benefit of taking away the "battle" entirely from those at the pulpit and in the media that make a big deal of it and convince people they are being "attacked".

private enterprise switched to "Happy Holidays" because it is good for the bottom line. When so-called "Christians" complain because they are not being EXCLUSIVELY catered to, they deserve nothing but scorn.

I find it COMICAL that so called "free market Republicans" are either silent, or actually throw their lot in, pertaining to this.

It is fucking absurd.

The overwhelming majority of people couldn't care less about "Happy Holidays". It's a matter of Christian Cultural hegemony, which most people don't care about.

It's a FUNDAMENTALIST issue, which is capitalized on by partisan assholes.

Back