The Unanswered Thread

private enterprise switched to "Happy Holidays" because it is good for the bottom line. When so-called "Christians" complain because they are not being EXCLUSIVELY catered to, they deserve nothing but scorn.

I find it COMICAL that so called "free market Republicans" are either silent, or actually throw their lot in, pertaining to this.

It is fucking absurd.
And private enterprise may return to Merry Christmas because it is good for the bottom line...

Seriously, even if it is made up, if it effects the bottom line negatively business will change. What I propound is something that I think they could change to that would both solve the issue while promoting diversity.

That's not the point. The change was due to wanting to make more money.

Right wing partisans are LYING, and saying that Christianity is under attack. Period.

The overwhelming majority of people couldn't care less about "Happy Holidays". It's a matter of Christian Cultural hegemony, which most people don't care about.

It's a FUNDAMENTALIST issue, which is capitalized on by partisan assholes.
True, but there are many fundamentalists and it can effect your bottom line if you are perceived to be "attacking" it.

Let me give an example.

Two Christmases ago Walmart had, on their website, a special area for Kwanzaa, another for Hanukkah, but they had no area for Christmas on the website. This became a problem for them, they changed that so that there was a Christmas area on their website because they realized that the perception would lose them business if they didn't resolve it.

That's not the point. The change was due to wanting to make more money.

Right wing partisans are LYING, and saying that Christianity is under attack. Period.
However, if there are enough who believe that and perceive it to be true, it will effect their bottom line. As in my example above.

Perception can be reality in business as well as politics. It would be a mistake to dismiss their concerns because you know they come from such a source. The reality is their concerns can effect your bottom line.

I am under attack, because WalMart greeters say "good afternoon sir", rather than calling me by my name.

The solution, obviously, is to tell the greeter my name so s/he can call me by said name...otherwise, it is an attack!

Irrelevant. the topic is about LIARS claiming that Christmas is "under attack".

Only sheep, imbeciles, and liars would make such a claim.
LOL. Irrelevant? You brought up the bottom line. I simply provided reason that they will, in the future, probably (note this word, it is important) change their current policies.

I am under attack, because WalMart greeters say "good afternoon sir", rather than calling me by my name.

The solution, obviously, is to tell the greeter my name so s/he can call me by said name...otherwise, it is an attack!
Silly again. In my solution they wouldn't attempt to psychically know your holiday, they would simply greet you with theirs.

Actually, they likely WON'T change their policies, as most Christians aren't fucking idiots.
I think they will because enough of them are to effect the bottom line.

Just years ago, Walmart would never have had a Kwanzaa or Hanukkah section on their website, nor would they have added the Christmas section. It took the reality of the bottom line to change that policy. Now they have all three.

I think they will because enough of them are to effect the bottom line.

Just years ago, Walmart would never have had a Kwanzaa or Hanukkah section on their website, nor would they have added the Christmas section. It took the reality of the bottom line to change that policy. Now they have all three.

Think. The problem was that there were SPECIFIC Kwanzaa and Hanukkah sections, and NOT a SPECIFIC Christmas section.

Completely different.

These people are complaining that Christmas isn't being EXCLUSIVELY RECOGNIZED.
Yet it would be, along with others as well. They couldn't complain that Christmas wasn't being represented. And it would even be represented in a proportional manner as the employees are part of the larger community.

Back