The universe requires a Creator

Perhaps you should be asking yourself who would be capable of creating it.

I thought you said this god of yours is not a physical entity. So, what’s with the “who” in ‘who created the universe’?

Looks like your god is a physical entity. A self-created one?

Once again, the Bible is true in everything it says. It even predicted future events with 100 percent accuracy. That proves that it's author is supernatural.

That is, indeed, an interesting conjecture ... 100 percent accuracy.

Would you change your mind if I can show you a clear-cut example of a biblical prediction/prophecy was not 100% accurate?

That is, indeed, an interesting conjecture ... 100 percent accuracy.

Would you change your mind if I can show you a clear-cut example of a biblical prediction/prophecy was not 100% accurate?

I predict you will not be able to do that without lying about what the Bible predicts......

I predict you will not be able to do that without lying about what the Bible predicts......

Cool!

It involves two male characters who lived at different times and different places; and the one in the most recent time said it would duplicate a similar feat (timewise) done in the earlier instance.

But you didn't answer my question ... you merely expressed confidence that I will fail.

Again, Would you change your mind if I succeed? More importantly, would it change your certainty on biblical predictions/prophecies to something less than 100%?

Chapters & verses to follow if you (yea or nay) answer my question.

BTW, let me know if there is a particular translation of the Bible you prefer, one that is online.

Cool!

It involves two male characters who lived at different times and different places; and the one in the most recent time said it would duplicate a similar feat (timewise) done in the earlier instance.

But you didn't answer my question ... you merely expressed confidence that I will fail.

Again, Would you change your mind if I succeed? More importantly, would it change your certainty on biblical predictions/prophecies to something less than 100%?

BTW, let me know if there is a particular translation of the Bible you prefer, one that is online.

There actually are many.

But this is not going to work with PP. He simply ignores anything that does not comport with what he has decided is so.

Most Bible prophesy was written after the fact.

The term for it is Vāticinium ex ēventū is a technical theological or historiographical term referring to a prophecy written after the author already had information about the events being "foretold". The text is written so as to appear that the prophecy had taken place before the event, when in fact it was written after the events supposedly predicted.

Vaticinium ex eventu is a form of hindsight bias. The concept is similar but distinct from postdiction, where prophecies that were genuinely written or spoken before the event are reinterpreted after the event to fit the facts as they occurred....

Cool!

I use the NIV.....quit wasting time trot out your evidence or quit posting......

Most Bible prophesy was written after the fact.

The term for it is Vāticinium ex ēventū is a technical theological or historiographical term referring to a prophecy written after the author already had information about the events being "foretold". The text is written so as to appear that the prophecy had taken place before the event, when in fact it was written after the events supposedly predicted.

Vaticinium ex eventu is a form of hindsight bias. The concept is similar but distinct from postdiction, where prophecies that were genuinely written or spoken before the event are reinterpreted after the event to fit the facts as they occurred....

I am writing this after you posted........I predict you will get things wrong again.......

I am writing this after you posted........I predict you will get things wrong again.......

Nope..

Leviticus and Deuteronomy were written during and after the Babylonian exile.. Then Genesis and Exodus were written later.

During the time of King Omri the stories from Judah and Israel were cobbled together..

They had schools for prophets.. and they were like our modern day news analysts predicting loosely what might happen if they did or didn't do certain things.

Some books were written by more than one author and added to hundreds of years later.

Nope..

Leviticus and Deuteronomy were written during and after the Babylonian exile.. Then Genesis and Exodus were written later.

During the time of King Omri the stories from Judah and Israel were cobbled together..

They had schools for prophets.. and they were like our modern day news analysts predicting loosely what might happen if they did or didn't do certain things.

Some books were written by more than one author and added to hundreds of years later.
I sort of like the parallel between modern day news analysts and prophets......especially the postmodern kind......the Pentateuch is a collection of oral tradition set down in writing when Hebrew became a written language.......that was long before exile.......
There are some who believe the book of Isaiah was written by a succession of writers using that name over hundreds of years........there are some who believe Isaiah lived for hundreds of years......I prefer to accept that God granted him great insight into what would happen......

I sort of like the parallel between modern day news analysts and prophets......especially the postmodern kind......the Pentateuch is a collection of oral tradition set down in writing when Hebrew became a written language.......that was long before exile.......
There are some who believe the book of Isaiah was written by a succession of writers using that name over hundreds of years........there are some who believe Isaiah lived for hundreds of years......I prefer to accept that God granted him great insight into what would happen......

Sorry. The Hebrews had no national narrative before the Babylonian exile... The had no history or origin myths.. Babylon was rich in everything by comparison. Once they had been exposed to Babylon, they reinvented themselves and created many laws and rituals to maintain their tribal identity and keep them apart from the "others".

The best guess that can be made about the Bible is that it is a very self-serving history (of sorts) of the early Hebrew people...a relatively unsophisticated, unknowledgeable, superstitious people who had many enemies in the areas where they lived. Their enemies worshiped barbarous, vengeful, wrathful, unforgiving, demanding, murderous, petty gods. And to protect themselves from those gods, they invented an especially barbarous, vengeful, wrathful, unforgiving, demanding, murderous, petty god...and worshiped it.

The best guess that can be made about the Bible is that it is a necessary mythology.

I can easily understand why the ancient Hebrews felt about it the way they did. The fact that modern theists feel they way they do about it...is disappointing and disheartening.

Sorry. The Hebrews had no national narrative before the Babylonian exile... The had no history or origin myths.. Babylon was rich in everything by comparison. Once they had been exposed to Babylon, they reinvented themselves and created many laws and rituals to maintain their tribal identity and keep them apart from the "others".

I'm sorry you believe that, but I have no control over how stupid you can be......

The best guess that can be made about the Bible is that it is a very self-serving history (of sorts) of the early Hebrew people...a relatively unsophisticated, unknowledgeable, superstitious people who had many enemies in the areas where they lived. Their enemies worshiped barbarous, vengeful, wrathful, unforgiving, demanding, murderous, petty gods. And to protect themselves from those gods, they invented an especially barbarous, vengeful, wrathful, unforgiving, demanding, murderous, petty god...and worshiped it.

The best guess that can be made about the Bible is that it is a necessary mythology.

I can easily understand why the ancient Hebrews felt about it the way they did. The fact that modern theists feel they way they do about it...is disappointing and disheartening.

just goes to show you that guessing has no future.....

Originally the Hebrews worshiped the whole pantheon of Canaanite gods.

I'm sorry you believe that, but I have no control over how stupid you can be......

The Hebrews were just a landless tribe of Canaanites.. and as such they were poor relations .. Finally they settled in Jerusalem which was a tiny hilltop village in bandit territory.. They were still poor .. The land was stony and arid.

Look at a map .. Have you heard of the Decapolis? Those towns were more prosperous and cosmopolitan .. (more trade) and they spoke Greek and Aramaic.

Back