The whore of Babylon

I really can't add anything this.
https://www.nowtheendbegins.com/the...QNHo34UktIlRi17upWyaNnzjvY4OK7umE1a2VjSqRpRac

And before you say anything, I know I mispelled whore. Too late fix it though.

"Rome, the greatest and longest-lived human world-ruling empire, assimilated religions from her many conquered territories. All these religions had commonalities, for they all came from Babylon. These practices infiltrated and overcame the professing Christian Church, which later came to be dominated by Rome itself. Many pagan religions had mother and child worship, whether Devaki and Krishna (India), Isis and Horus (Egypt), Venus or Fortuna and Jupiter (Rome), etc. Each nation gave different names to essentially the same god or goddess."

These are mythological entities that the Ancient People used to think were 'real', right?

"Rome, the greatest and longest-lived human world-ruling empire, assimilated religions from her many conquered territories. All these religions had commonalities, for they all came from Babylon. These practices infiltrated and overcame the professing Christian Church, which later came to be dominated by Rome itself. Many pagan religions had mother and child worship, whether Devaki and Krishna (India), Isis and Horus (Egypt), Venus or Fortuna and Jupiter (Rome), etc. Each nation gave different names to essentially the same god or goddess."

These are mythological entities that the Ancient People used to think were 'real', right?

Revelation 17:5-6 "On her forehead was written a name, which is a mystery, 'Babylon the great, the mother of harlots and of the abominations of the earth.' I saw that the woman was drunk on the blood of the holy ones and on the blood of the witnesses to Jesus. When I saw her I was greatly amazed."

The whore of Babylon is Israel.

I think it was a misunderstanding. It's supposed to be the whore of babble on, not the whore of Babylon. It's a warning about Trump, and the fake fundie Christians.;)

Jeremiah 2:13-3:25, Israel was once faithful (2:17) then turned to harlotry (2:20) as a wife departing from her husband (3:20) but is promised restoration in the end if they repent (3:14-18).

In Ezekiel 16, God entered into Covenant with Jerusalem (16:8), but Jerusalem played the harlot (16:15) and yet is finally restored for the sake of the Covenant (16:60-62)

This is all very interesting, and expands the mind. Where I was brought up, the Whore of Babylon (not a phrase that tripped often off our lips, fair play), was, I think, the title for the Church of Rome.

Thank you all for proving that honest debate is dead on here.

In Hosea 2, speaking of the house of Israel, we find that it was once faithful (2:14-15), that it then played the harlot (2:5), and that it will be restored in the end (2:19-23).

This is all very interesting, and expands the mind. Where I was brought up, the Whore of Babylon (not a phrase that tripped often off our lips, fair play), was, I think, the title for the Church of Rome.

Nope.. Throughout the Old and New Testament Israel is referred to as whore or harlot because she went astray and went a-whoring after false gods.

There are many, many verses to choose from.

Revelation 17:5-6 "On her forehead was written a name, which is a mystery, 'Babylon the great, the mother of harlots and of the abominations of the earth.' I saw that the woman was drunk on the blood of the holy ones and on the blood of the witnesses to Jesus. When I saw her I was greatly amazed."

The whore of Babylon is Israel.

Oh. Cool. (Guno won't like hearing that) :(

OK. Another good choice. :thumbsup:
(3d will NOT like that)

Oh. Cool. (Guno won't like hearing that) :(

Guno will understand it.

There are about 30 verses in scripture that refers to Israel as harlot, but I need to check my memory to be sure..

Hosea 5:4

Their deeds will not allow them To return to their God. For a spirit of harlotry is within them, And they do not know the LORD.

Hosea 4:12

My people consult their wooden idol, and their diviner's wand informs them; For a spirit of harlotry has led them astray, And they have played the harlot, departing from their God.

Jeremiah 13:27

"As for your adulteries and your lustful neighings, The lewdness of your prostitution On the hills in the field, I have seen your abominations Woe to you, O Jerusalem! How long will you remain unclean?"

Back