Theology Question

If people are happy they are not missing out on anything.
I disagree. Rather, if people don't realize that their situation could be different, then they aren't missing out on anything. Their situation "just is". IOW, happiness lacks meaning without sadness to compare it to. Hot lacks meaning without cold to compare it to.

I disagree. Rather, if people don't realize that their situation could be different, then they aren't missing out on anything. Their situation "just is". IOW, happiness lacks meaning without sadness to compare it to. Hot lacks meaning without cold to compare it to.

Why would God want people to be unhappy?

This is absurd.

A truly omnipotent god could create the reality that people could be perfectly happy,
and an all-loving god who was indeed omnipotent and wanted to create people
would do exactly that...else it would not be all-loving.

It's far more likely that the concept of god was a construct of "early-phase of evolution" humans,
and that a residual effect of that remains in some present-day-humans for reasons we need to examine.

it's quite obvious that for all the bullshit talk about some people declaring that there is no God, you sure do act like you know everything about it, which is an exceptional display of your ignorance.

This is absurd.

A truly omnipotent god could create the reality that people could be perfectly happy,
and an all-loving god who was indeed omnipotent and wanted to create people
would do exactly that...else it would not be all-loving.

It's far more likely that the concept of god was a construct of "early-phase of evolution" humans,
and that a residual effect of that remains in some present-day-humans for reasons we need to examine.
What does any of this absurdity have to do with what I just said?

Back