Theology Question

Looks like you refuse to engage with the topic of the thread.
I've been engaging it... I've been asking you questions to get you to think about why God might have "went about it" the way that he did.

What it comes down to is you thinking that you know better than God does.

As I understood it meant that God did as good as it could possibly be done while preserving His plans for his creation. This is the best possible configuration of events that can be conceived. As such God performed exactly correctly.

(NOte: I'm not a big believer in any of this, it's just how I understood the "Problem of Evil" to be addressed most efficiently)

God created man in his likeness

Well if you are a Diest, God created the world and stepped back, if a Christian, he gave man free will to create his own world, which resulted in the mess we have before us now

God is all powerful and created humans in his likeness

So god is just as flawed as humans

I've been engaging it... I've been asking you questions to get you to think about why God might have "went about it" the way that he did.

What it comes down to is you thinking that you know better than God does.

You are not a good person

I disagree. Rather, if people don't realize that their situation could be different, then they aren't missing out on anything. Their situation "just is". IOW, happiness lacks meaning without sadness to compare it to. Hot lacks meaning without cold to compare it to.

So you believe god created evil

How would a utopian world understand the joy of said utopia without first understanding the pain of dystopia?

Because god could have created it that way

God is all powerful remember

God is not all powerful

Thanks for agreeing

Back