There is no First Amendment right to overturn an election

You said "pretty certain".

Ok yes but still it's just a best guess.

Means the same thing.

Trials go many different ways, you can never predict them.

Usually you can get fairly accurate though.

I am looking for the paths his lawyers can take and I see a few good options.

Which they choose and how they argue it is another thing though.

even more, they have to prove he lied

If being an idiot were illegal, the democratic base would be decimated. He didn't lie, he just surrounds himself with yes men because he is a narcissist

Amazing that the Stable Genius will have to use stupidity as his defense, huh?

I asked... why do they have to prove that....

You answered...
Because they are claiming he knowingly lied. What's wrong with you?

Then I educated you that just because its in the indictment does not mean they have to prove it.

"He knew or should have known" is often the standard used.
Whether he actually believed something isn't relevant. The prosecutor can simply show he should have known.
When someone is told something multiple times then they SHOULD KNOW. Refusal to accept facts told to you is not a defense.

Correct.

It is legal for me to ask my lawyer 'can i do XYZ' and for the lawyer to advise me, that is against the law. I did not break the law by just seeking that advise.

I can even go get a 2nd opinion from another lawyer, and if they also say 'that is against the law', that is fine and I broke no laws.

BUt what i cannot do is keep going to more and more lawyers and especially ones who were not my advisers on a hunt for one who will say 'Oh ya you can do XYZ' so i can then do it and say 'i did not break any law as THAT lawyer told me i could'.

Trump cannot ignore his hand chosen WH Counsel, his hand chosen AG and other key administrations advisors put in those rule with a very specific part of their mandate being to give the POTUS the legal guidance to ensure he protects the Constitution and the laws of the US and simply go shopping for others lawyers who hold differing views. Anymore than a future POTUS could not ignore all his Advisor Lawyers and find an ANTIFA lawyer instead who says he can do something that his internal advisor lawyers say he cannot and then do it and claim, he was just following legal advise.

You have to have a very compelling reason to ignore the advise of your own Counsels and that has to be 'I have lost faith in them', in which case you fire and replace them. If your new key legal advisors then provide a new path, that is one you could defensibly take.

Amazing that the Stable Genius will have to use stupidity as his defense, huh?

what is not amazing is how the democrats support fascism. It's what you shit stains do. time and time again

criminalizing what you deem to be disinformation is pure fascism

what is not amazing is how the democrats support fascism. It's what you shit stains do. time and time again

criminalizing what you deem to be disinformation is pure fascism

Not even a mediocre attempt at deflection.

Trump’s defense is that, despite the 60+ court decisions, all that aides and advisors were telling him, audits and recounts and declarations by secretaries of state, he still pursued the idea that the election was stolen.

Only stupid people believe that. That’s his defense. STUPID.

How ironic from the self-proclaimed stable genius, huh?

Back