These are the 2 Jewish blessings I’ll say when the hostages are released

Guno צְבִי

Am Yisrael Chai
Like Jews around the world, I have spent the last days glued to my news sources, refreshing my screen every few minutes to find out if, as had been rumored for some time, there is a plan for the Israeli hostages to be released. I know I will continue to keep my eyes peeled as we wait for the moment that the hostages go free.

As one who is keen on using brachot, Jewish blessings, to infuse special moments with kedusha, or holiness, I am very much prepared to make two brachot when that moment finally arrives: Shehechiyanu and Dayan Emet.

With Shehechiyanu we say thanks for the privilege of experiencing an extraordinary joyful moment.

With Dayan Emet we subserviently accept the evil that has befallen us.

Those two blessings do not necessarily seem like they would belong in the same moment. But Judaism recognizes that there are moments in life when we experience competing emotions simultaneously, sad and joyous at the very same time. During such rare moments, halacha, or Jewish law, advises a person to say these two contradictory brachot.

The point being: One can hold two competing emotions at once.

https://www.jta.org/2023/11/22/idea...ssings-ill-say-when-the-hostages-are-released

Guno צְבִי;5867123 said:
Like Jews around the world, I have spent the last days glued to my news sources, refreshing my screen every few minutes to find out if, as had been rumored for some time, there is a plan for the Israeli hostages to be released. I know I will continue to keep my eyes peeled as we wait for the moment that the hostages go free.

As one who is keen on using brachot, Jewish blessings, to infuse special moments with kedusha, or holiness, I am very much prepared to make two brachot when that moment finally arrives: Shehechiyanu and Dayan Emet.

With Shehechiyanu we say thanks for the privilege of experiencing an extraordinary joyful moment.

Those two blessings do not necessarily seem like they would belong in the same moment. But Judaism recognizes that there are moments in life when we experience competing emotions simultaneously, sad and joyous at the very same time. During such rare moments, halacha, or Jewish law, advises a person to say these two contradictory brachot.

https://www.jta.org/2023/11/22/idea...ssings-ill-say-when-the-hostages-are-released
FFS, you remind me of that Jewish girl I dated a long time ago. Jew this, Jew that, everything is about Jews.
Let it go.

Guno צְבִי;5867123 said:
Which evil is that? The IDF's genocide, right? At first, I thought you might be referring to the attack on the music festival, but that happened over a month ago, is not an ongoing event, and doesn't require you to somehow wait.

The IDF's genocide is six weeks along and still going strong. This is why I suspect you are waiting for the onset of the 2nd Nakba for the Arab stragglers who survived the IDF-perpetrated Holocaust to offer the Dayan Emet.

FFS, you remind me of that Jewish girl I dated a long time ago. Jew this, Jew that, everything is about Jews.
Let it go.
When the victim card is the only card in your hand, it's the only card that gets played. Look at the LGBTQIAMPOPSQLGVAPRDW+ community. So many letters and only one card to play. Unfortunately, people of dark skin color and hispanics are shedding all their other remaining cards in great numbers because they have regrettably been convinced that there's value in consolidating to serverless single "victim card" hands on the DNC Cloud utilizing VaaS (Victim as a Service) with very reasonable on-demand pricing. Once they migrate, however, the DNC owns them.

Guno צְבִי;5867123 said:

Yet American Jews continue to support the party of Talib and Omar

Let it go.
That's good advice...he's pretty awful... I don't think that the Jewish people would appreciate him trying to "represent" the way he posts here... in fact I know they wouldn't...;)

Yet American Jews continue to support the party of Talib and Omar

Talib and Omar aren't running the Democratic party and we sure have nothing in common with the white christian party

"In Judaism, the concept of tikkun olam is a Hebrew phrase that roughly means "repairing the world" or "perfecting the world." It is a central tenet of Jewish Theology, as evidenced by its inclusion in the Aleinu, a Jewish prayer that is traditionally recited three times daily. Performing mitzvots, or good deeds, is one means of tikkun olam, and the concept of good deeds and improving the world is inextricably linked in Jewish minds to social justice and equality – the hallmarks of democratic principles."

Given that backdrop, Jewish support for the Democratic Party is only natural. We are the party that fought for and ushered in a women's right to vote, the Civil Rights movement, the Civil Rights Act, women's reproductive rights, and currently champion the cause of Gay Americans."

Antisemitism Is Now a Key Part of the Republican Agenda for America
Once fringe and denounced, extremism and antisemitism are now not only at home in the Republican Party, but built into the GOP's political strategy for the midterms and beyond. As antisemitism in America rises, this is a startling normalization of hate

https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/202...-america/00000184-56ed-dc83-a7fd-feff297c0000

Republicans have a serious antisemitism problem. It isn’t Ilhan Omar

Then there’s former president Donald Trump, who dines with Holocaust deniers like Nick Fuentes and antisemites like Ye. In stereotypically anti-Jewish moves, Trump has repeatedly called the loyalty of Jewish Americans into question. Just this past October, he wrote that “U.S. Jews have to get their act together and appreciate what they have in Israel – Before it is too late!”

In case it’s not obvious, let me state it plainly. Today’s Republican party has a serious antisemitism problem. The easy acceptance and amplification of all sorts of anti-Jewish hate that party leaders engage in emboldens all the worst bigots, raving racists, and far-right extremists across the globe, all the while threatening Jewish people here and everywhere.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/feb/03/ilhan-omar-removal-republicans-antisemitism

Last edited:
Guno צְבִי;5870614 said:
Talib and Omar aren't running the Democratic party and we sure have nothing in common with the white christian party

"In Judaism, the concept of tikkun olam is a Hebrew phrase that roughly means "repairing the world" or "perfecting the world." It is a central tenet of Jewish Theology, as evidenced by its inclusion in the Aleinu, a Jewish prayer that is traditionally recited three times daily. Performing mitzvots, or good deeds, is one means of tikkun olam, and the concept of good deeds and improving the world is inextricably linked in Jewish minds to social justice and equality – the hallmarks of democratic principles."

Given that backdrop, Jewish support for the Democratic Party is only natural. We are the party that fought for and ushered in a women's right to vote, the Civil Rights movement, the Civil Rights Act, women's reproductive rights, and currently champion the cause of Gay Americans."

Antisemitism Is Now a Key Part of the Republican Agenda for America
Once fringe and denounced, extremism and antisemitism are now not only at home in the Republican Party, but built into the GOP's political strategy for the midterms and beyond. As antisemitism in America rises, this is a startling normalization of hate

https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/202...-america/00000184-56ed-dc83-a7fd-feff297c0000

Republicans have a serious antisemitism problem. It isn’t Ilhan Omar

Then there’s former president Donald Trump, who dines with Holocaust deniers like Nick Fuentes and antisemites like Ye. In stereotypically anti-Jewish moves, Trump has repeatedly called the loyalty of Jewish Americans into question. Just this past October, he wrote that “U.S. Jews have to get their act together and appreciate what they have in Israel – Before it is too late!”

In case it’s not obvious, let me state it plainly. Today’s Republican party has a serious antisemitism problem. The easy acceptance and amplification of all sorts of anti-Jewish hate that party leaders engage in emboldens all the worst bigots, raving racists, and far-right extremists across the globe, all the while threatening Jewish people here and everywhere.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/feb/03/ilhan-omar-removal-republicans-antisemitism

Its amazing how much of a leftist sycophant you are

Last edited:
Guno צְבִי;5870614 said:

Yes they are, פאַררעטער.

You are the Hamas party. Yeah, you're a racist fuck - but what Nazi isn't?

Real Jews don't harbor the racist hatred you vomit out every day here - Muslims do, though - Hamas bitch.

Let it go.

Hahahahahaha

What do you trumpers do all day long asshole?

It’s all about you all the time you self absorbed lump of ass droppings

Which evil is that? The IDF's genocide, right? At first, I thought you might be referring to the attack on the music festival, but that happened over a month ago, is not an ongoing event, and doesn't require you to somehow wait.

The IDF's genocide is six weeks along and still going strong. This is why I suspect you are waiting for the onset of the 2nd Nakba for the Arab stragglers who survived the IDF-perpetrated Holocaust to offer the Dayan Emet.

Watch the news you want to be nazi

Hate attacks have exploded

Thanks to right wing crazies the world over

Yes they are, פאַררעטער.

You are the Hamas party. Yeah, you're a racist fuck - but what Nazi isn't?

Real Jews don't harbor the racist hatred you vomit out every day here - Muslims do, though - Hamas bitch.

Do you understand just how fucking stupid it is to call Jews Nazis

But gawd are you Russians fucking stupid

That's good advice...he's pretty awful... I don't think that the Jewish people would appreciate him trying to "represent" the way he posts here... in fact I know they wouldn't...;)

And another idiot says he speaks for the Jewish people

Fuck you and your ugly racist ass you evil shit head

Back