These are the 2 Jewish blessings I’ll say when the hostages are released

In my parish, the book was called "apocalypse" instead of "revelation,"
"Apocalypse" means "Revelation." The greek root "apo" means "removal of" and the "calypse" part refers to a "veil" or "concealment" or something that hides. In the story of Ulysses, the nymph Calypso is a metaphor because she hides Ulysses on her island for several years.

and then it was completely ignored.
Revelation (Apocalypse) recounts a prophecy that specifically has not yet occurred, whereas the gospels recount Jesus' tips for better everyday living. It would stand to reason that most sermons would focus on Jesus' "advice column" and less on what hasn't happened (yet).

Never heard it mentioned in church once
... because it really only gets preached by doomsday cults, and I'm guessing that you were not a member of any doomsday cult congregation. Who else is going to push for panic at the arrival of the four horsemen of the Revelation/Apocalypse in the same way that climate-lemmings, such as you, press people to panic that the end is coming and that it might already be too late, GAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!?

You have to admit that you are a cowardly, dishonest and bigoted HATER. You are compelled to rush to your safe space and put people on ignore if there is some disagreement. In other words, you weren't made for the internet, I'm sorry. I'd tell you to grow a thicker skin but frankly, I don't think you have any.

You do, however, know how to support a genocide, and for cowardly HATERs such as you, that's all that really matters.

You’re clearly a hater yourself. Having a bit of self-identity confusion here between yourself and Guno and Owlwoman?

You’re clearly a hater yourself.
Please explain. Pointing out HATRED and cowardice and dishonesty does not make me a hater, although not understanding of the meaning of the words you use does make you stupid. Are you one of those undereducated leftists who doesn't really understand the words he uses in his posts? You believe in Global Warming, yes?

Please explain. Pointing out HATRED and cowardice and dishonesty does not make me a hater, although not understanding of the meaning of the words you use does make you stupid. Are you one of those undereducated leftists who doesn't really understand the words he uses in his posts? You believe in Global Warming, yes?

I’ve seen enough from both to know neither is a hater. What hate and intolerance there is in this forum, incidentally, comes mostly from the side you seem to be on. It’s often reflected in childish accusations and personal insults, in the manner of your comment, for example.

I’ve seen enough from both to know neither is a hater. What hate and intolerance there is in this forum, incidentally, comes mostly from the side you seem to be on. It’s often reflected in childish accusations and personal insults, in the manner of your comment, for example.
That is simply not true...their "hate and intolerance" is clearly visible and extreme...and interesting you mention "childish accusations and personal insults", something they "excel" at... You did leave out lies and stalking...:) That group is close to the top of all JPP offender lists here as they travel together...lol... so perhaps you aren't paying close enough attention...You should before you wrongly sing the praises of posters....

Guno צְבִי;5876089 said:
You know shit you manly looking dirtbag

I started this thread in Religion, Philosophy, and Ethics

Evidently the members of the trump party are using it for attacks, no question on why we have nothing to do with them as their true nature always comes out, or nothing to do with this tread I started

If it was just you personally they have a beef with, they wouldn't use your religion or race as epithets. As we've said before, American Reichwingers love them some Israel but hate American Jews. They're incapable of understanding why most American Jews do not vote for Republicans. Even threads like this, where they have meltdowns over Jewish prayers, can't seem to open their eyes.

That is simply not true...their "hate and intolerance" is clearly visible and extreme...and interesting you mention "childish accusations and personal insults", something they "excel" at... You did leave out lies and stalking...:) That group is close to the top of all JPP offender lists here as they travel together...lol... so perhaps you aren't paying close enough attention...You should before you wrongly sing the praises of posters....

Oh look! It's another

xnKmEBG.jpg

Let me guess -- you wet the bed again? Ran out of cheap vodka at 5 pm? Poor Toxic. :laugh:

Read carefully as I suggested...;)

You may be confusing hate with disrespect and occasional disgust.

You may be confusing hate with disrespect and occasional disgust.
I'm not confused...I'm just pointing out the reality...it's easy to see if you read carefully...there are hundreds of examples...So while not exactly the worst, right there at the top...;)

I’ve seen enough from both to know neither is a hater.
Incorrect. Leftists are driven by HATRED and intolerance. I point it out. People, such as you, aren't permitted to allow any of it to be highlighted so you come obediently rushing in, on cue, with the standard, childish and predictable petty insults of "homophobe," "antisemite," "misogynist," "denier," and all the others with which you are intimately familiar. They are always hurled from leftist thought-collectives who HATE anything and everything that does not conform to what they have been ordered to believe by the people who do their thinking for them.

Again, I just point this out. I'm entirely fine with leftists being free to be fearsome, mindless attack dogs for their masters. I'll even throw them a Scooby-snack if I see one wandering by.

What hate and intolerance there is in this forum, incidentally, comes mostly from the side you seem to be on.
I'm not on anyone's side but my own. The hate and intolerance you mention always comes from leftists. All I see coming from conservatives are rebuttals to the leftist HATE, for which the leftists have absolutely no response other than "homophobe," "antisemite," "misogynist," "denier," and all the others with which you are intimately familiar. It's almost as if leftists are totally unable to think for themselves. If I were to ask you to point me to a leftist post that shows true independent thinking that isn't mired in scientific illiteracy, mathematical incompetence, logical ineptitude and economics malfeasance, you would have to decline lest you waste unlimited amounts of your life searching, time that you will never get back.

Mindless HATE comes from the left, not the rational, independent thought of conservatives. Your entire premise is absurd.

It’s often reflected in childish accusations and personal insults, in the manner of your comment, for example.
So, you don't even know what the word "hate" means. You should have offered this disclaimer at the beginning of your post. Satirical commentary, wit and general jabs derived from one's commentary are rhetorical vehicles, not HATRED. Right now, you are very deserving of an insult to your education, or lack thereof. This tells me that you are a leftist, which in turn tells me that your comment did not come from you, but from someone else who instructed you to post that comment ... and obviously you OBEYED. I'm guessing that your thought-masters are also leftists, as are the HATERS who command your thought collective. I'm right, aren't I?

What hate and intolerance there is in this forum, incidentally, comes mostly from the side you seem to be on. It’s often reflected in childish accusations and personal insults, in the manner of your comment, for example.

Let's play a round of "Is this post from a LEFTIST or from a CONSERVATIVE!" All you have to go on is the content (or lack thereof) of the post. Let's begin.

? said:
Oh look! It's another
xnKmEBG.jpg

Let me guess -- you wet the bed again? Ran out of cheap vodka at 5 pm? Poor Toxic. :laugh:

Leftist or Conservative?

started this thread in Religion, Philosophy, and Ethics

Evidently the members of the trump party are using it for attacks, no question on why we have nothing to do with them as their true nature always comes out, or nothing to do with this tread I started

don't pretend you know what the NT says about Jews.......you've shown you don't understand what it says about ANYTHING.....

Referring to Jews as Satan or the devil stems from the interpretation of John 8:41-44 in the Christian Bible. Here Jesus says to his fellow Jews, “For you are the children of your father the devil, and you love to do the evil things he does…. When [the devil] lies, it is consistent with his character; for he is a liar and the father of lies.”

In medieval Christian folklore and artwork, Jews were depicted with grotesque characteristics such as devil’s horns, sharp claws, jagged teeth, pointy ears, and other satanic features to portray the differences between Christianity and Judaism.

Guno צְבִי;5876981 said:
Referring to Jews as Satan or the devil stems from the interpretation of John 8:41-44 in the Christian Bible.
Stick with misrepresenting Judaism. Jesus was a Jew preaching to Jews. He didn't somehow decide that Jews were collectively "of the Devil."

If you read John 8:13, you'll see that those specific Jews were Pharisees trying to trap Jesus and were generally being ashsoles. It was those specific Jews, not all Jews, that Jesus was asserting are the spawn of Satan.

Also, referring to Israel as the "Little Satan" is a Muslim thing.

Guno צְבִי;5876981 said:
In medieval Christian folklore and artwork, Jews were depicted with grotesque characteristics
Error. In European art, depictions of Jews are unflattering. Europe carries a hatred for Jews. Hitler had an easy time tapping into it. The DNC HATES Jews as well, having been taken over by European Marxism, and is very unflattering in characterizations and depictions of Jews. Now that American Jews have sold themselves into slavery to the DNC, the party doesn't have to give Jews any concessions on any issue.

Guno צְבִי;5876981 said:
Referring to Jews as Satan or the devil stems from the interpretation of John 8:41-44 in the Christian Bible. Here Jesus says to his fellow Jews, “For you are the children of your father the devil, and you love to do the evil things he does…. When [the devil] lies, it is consistent with his character; for he is a liar and the father of lies.”

isn't that the passage where he says to his accusers "You are not the children of Abraham......not the children of God".........as scriptures often say, he knew what was in their hearts and that their desire was to kill him......in that same passage he said to them......." 24 I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am he, you will indeed die in your sins.”.....his words were not to the Jews, since most who DID believe in him then were also Jews as he was......his words were to those who denied him......Jews, goyim, everyone who rejects him.......then and today.....

"Apocalypse" means "Revelation." The greek root "apo" means "removal of" and the "calypse" part refers to a "veil" or "concealment" or something that hides. In the story of Ulysses, the nymph Calypso is a metaphor because she hides Ulysses on her island for several years.

Revelation (Apocalypse) recounts a prophecy that specifically has not yet occurred, whereas the gospels recount Jesus' tips for better everyday living. It would stand to reason that most sermons would focus on Jesus' "advice column" and less on what hasn't happened (yet).

... because it really only gets preached by doomsday cults, and I'm guessing that you were not a member of any doomsday cult congregation. Who else is going to push for panic at the arrival of the four horsemen of the Revelation/Apocalypse in the same way that climate-lemmings, such as you, press people to panic that the end is coming and that it might already be too late, GAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!?

the apocalyptic genre was very common in the middle east under the Roman empire......it served the same purpose as some of the darker comics serve in our modern world.......it was a way to spread dissension among those not happy with the then current political situation without drawing the direct attention of the officials of the Roman Empire.....John's message to the early church was that despite persecution by the Romans God had already defeated evil and those who kept faith would prevail.......given the fact that there are currently around 3 billion Christians in the world would seem to bear that prophesy to light........

Back