"They are mandating everyone buy an electric car."

*sigh* conversational English used during a campaign often has limited time to grab attention, things are shortened to sound bytes for both sides. Again, this only becomes a problem for you when you want to pretend others are too stupid to remember what Democrats have said and done and you don't want to remember it either.

However, in this age of internets we can usually find the story that relates to what they are talking about even when you don't want to remember. Stop being deliberately obtuse, you are, sometimes, better than that. None of us believes you don't know what he was talking about and unless you think (like Desh) that all those bots are "real people tuning in for their political debate fix" there is no reason to pretend to be this stupid.
Basically, he is lying to get people riled up. It works. I think it’s shameful.

I guess maybe society and culture has moved on, but I hold to a value of trying to be honest and accurate.

*sigh* conversational English used during a campaign often has limited time to grab attention, things are shortened to sound bytes for both sides. Again, this only becomes a problem for you when you want to pretend others are too stupid to remember what Democrats have said and done and you don't want to remember it either.

However, in this age of internets we can usually find the story that relates to what they are talking about even when you don't want to remember. Stop being deliberately obtuse, you are, sometimes, better than that. None of us believes you don't know what he was talking about and unless you think (like Desh) that all those bots are "real people tuning in for their political debate fix" there is no reason to pretend to be this stupid.
The man goes out and calls for absolute immunity for police officers, then when given a situation where a police officer should not be immune. He says it should be done on a case by case basis. That’s the system we have.

Now he gets all the police officers in his pocket, but he’s not really proposing. Anything different

So you were

it is a fact that Trump said those words today

After making himself such a fool today, I understand why they try not to let him out of his house often.
You are just making a reductio ad absurdum fallacy because you are either stupid or obtuse.

1) it’s not currently the law, it’s aspirational.

It is the law in 13 states. The implementation of the mandate is set for 2035. That doesn't change that those states are mandating it.
2) not everyone must buy a car.

Doesn't change that it's a government mandate. If you want to buy a car, you are going to be limited to choices the government gives you with no alternatives.
3) you can buy from another state.
Sure, but then you can't register it in the state you live in because of the mandate. It says all cars of a certain year model on must be EV. So, you buy an 2036 ICE vehicle, and your state says EV's only, you can't register it in the state in which you live. It is also already illegal to live in a state and have your car registered out-of-state unless you just moved there, and then you only have a short window to re-register the vehicle.

It is the law in 13 states. The implementation of the mandate is set for 2035. That doesn't change that those states are mandating it.

Doesn't change that it's a government mandate. If you want to buy a car, you are going to be limited to choices the government gives you with no alternatives.

Sure, but then you can't register it in the state you live in because of the mandate. It says all cars of a certain year model on must be EV. So, you buy an 2036 ICE vehicle, and your state says EV's only, you can't register it in the state in which you live. It is also already illegal to live in a state and have your car registered out-of-state unless you just moved there, and then you only have a short window to re-register the vehicle.
Simply not true.

California moves to accelerate to 100% new zero-emission vehicle sales by 2035

SACRAMENTO – The California Air Resources Board today approved the trailblazing Advanced Clean Cars II rule that sets California on a path to rapidly growing the zero-emission car, pickup truck and SUV market and deliver cleaner air and massive reductions in climate-warming pollution.

The rule establishes a year-by-year roadmap so that by 2035 100% of new cars and light trucks sold in California will be zero-emission vehicles, including plug-in hybrid electric vehicles. The regulation realizes and codifies the light-duty vehicle goals set out in Governor Newsom’s Executive Order N-79-20.

“Once again California is leading the nation and the world with a regulation that sets ambitious but achievable targets for ZEV sales. Rapidly accelerating the number of ZEVs on our roads and highways will deliver substantial emission and pollution reductions to all Californians, especially for those who live near roadways and suffer from persistent air pollution,” said CARB Chair Liane Randolph. “The regulation includes ground-breaking strategies to bring ZEVs to more communities and is supported by the Governor’s ZEV budget which provides incentives to make ZEVs available to the widest number of economic groups in California, including low- and moderate-income consumers.”

Many states and nations have set targets and goals to phase out the sale of internal combustion cars. California’s is the most aggressive regulation to establish a definitive mechanism to meet required zero-emission vehicle (ZEV) sales that ramp up year over year, culminating in 100% ZEV sales in 2035. The timeline is ambitious but achievable: by the time a child born this year is ready to enter middle school, only zero-emission vehicles or a limited number of plug-in hybrids (PHEVs) will be offered for sale new in California. The regulation also includes provisions that enhance equity in the transition to zero-emission vehicles and provides consumers certainty about the long-term emission benefits, quality, and durability of these clean cars and trucks and the batteries they run on.

more at link...

Story is from 2022...

Jarod, it always seems like your memory is only as good as you want it to be... often you think others are too stupid to remember announcements like this one and find it convenient to "forget" what Democrats say or do.
So reading your link, it’s not a mandate, it is a goal for the future.

Wrong, the aspirational goal is about sales, it says nothing about registration.

So reading your link, it’s not a mandate, it is a goal for the future.
:rolleyes:

Translation: I am going to pretend that I didn't read what you said about sound bytes and that I am still too stupid to understand things... That way it seems to me like I've made a salient point when everyone else knows I have not.

I'm sure there are some here that believe you are this stupid, but I am not one of them.

No, support you statement!
Okay, here's the support:

State registration required if you live there:

This is typical of every state:

You have 20 days to register your vehicle after you become a resident or get a job in California. For more information, visit dmv.ca.gov/outofstatevr.

All vehicles registered in California are required to meet California requirements including vehicle emission controls in support of California’s clean air standards. DMV cannot register a vehicle if it does not qualify.

The time period varies some but few, if any states will allow you to register a vehicle which doesn't comply with their laws for the year the vehicle was manufactured.

That means you cannot go to another state to buy a new ICE vehicle that doesn't comply with your state's current laws and then bring it into your state and register it.

I am 100% correct on everything I stated. You are full of shit.

He'll pretend that he cannot comprehend that. He believes we are gullible, because he knows he would believe it if another leftist said it... and he projects his motivation and actions onto others.
Gullible? No. He thinks--I use the term loosely--that we're bigger idiots than he is. That's how the Left generally thinks. Dunning-Kruger and all that...

Back