"They are mandating everyone buy an electric car."

In one soliloquy today, the guy said that all police officers should have immunity, then he talked himself back into a circle and said it should be judged on a case by case basis. Why do people fall for that?
Historically police have had immunity when they follow police procedure.

Historically police have had immunity when they follow police procedure.
Because if they did not good people would not want to do the job....serving the collective would carry tons of personal legal risk in addition to all the other risks of the job.

Where does it say if you buy a car in Nebraska you can’t then register it in California, if you are a resident of California.
All vehicles registered in California are required to meet California requirements including vehicle emission controls in support of California’s clean air standards. DMV cannot register a vehicle if it does not qualify.

OMG! Are you completely retarded or what?

That was in post #36. The California DMV won't let you register a vehicle in California if it doesn't meet their regulations. That means starting in 2035 you cannot register any vehicle other than an EV regardless of where you bought it.

Multiple people on my grapevine are of the opinion that the many attacks on police these days is intended to get to nationalized policing....where the orders come from Washington, it is the Revolution which will be served not the people.

All vehicles registered in California are required to meet California requirements including vehicle emission controls in support of California’s clean air standards. DMV cannot register a vehicle if it does not qualify.

OMG! Are you completely retarded or what?

That was in post #36. The California DMV won't let you register a vehicle in California if it Says doesn't meet their regulations. That means starting in 2035 you cannot register any vehicle other than an EV regardless of where you bought it.
Post 36 describes a goal, not a law.

That's 13 states at the moment in law. The likelihood is most will either extend the deadlines, or drop the law given that EV's are turning out to be an expensive bust.
EVs are only feasible in a rather narrow set of scenarios. I see them being great for every city's fleet vehicles. Fed Ex/UPS/USPS delivering in cities would benefit.

Cold climates and mountainous areas are not at very good location for year round use of EVs. I have friends who love them, but they charge at home and use them locally. I haven't asked what they do for long trips.

Of course, in a decade the nation's infrastructure will be much more friendly to EV owners. Right now, charging away from home is a challenge.

Okay, here's the support:

State registration required if you live there:

This is typical of every state:

You have 20 days to register your vehicle after you become a resident or get a job in California. For more information, visit dmv.ca.gov/outofstatevr.

The time period varies some but few, if any states will allow you to register a vehicle which doesn't comply with their laws for the year the vehicle was manufactured.

That means you cannot go to another state to buy a new ICE vehicle that doesn't comply with your state's current laws and then bring it into your state and register it.

I am 100% correct on everything I stated. You are full of shit.
Your interpretation is wrong, a gas vehicle is still a vehicle.

Back