Things Going Swimmingly @ FP

3D you are my comrade, being banned yourself without warning. We are a part of a special club. We need a handshake.

"I think the Security Council is irrelevant. No offense to all the fine people involved.

After all, the only TRUE function which differentiates it from an "ignore user" list is the public alienation directly related to their votes, the fact that they must vote to make any decisions impacting the users, and the lack of flexibility that comes with choosing whomever you do not wish to see on the board. "

Adam's right and its what most of us that were on that board said from the beginning.

Speaking of which,Grind, why are you still on that board after SR publicly smeared your name and banned you for no reason?

Brent's a weirdo. I can't believe the two of them are so eager to get back on SR's board. Oh well.

But anyway, AW is completely right, the entire process of nominating someone really only serves to ridicule them publicly. But whatever. I have a board I like and I still get to keep up with friends, so I really don't give a rats a$$. But I do like the drama. Keep 'em coming folks.

lol, the drama is fun LadyT. Especially when people have no clue what the SC talked about together, then try and bullshit people into thinking they are a victim. It was quite fun owning Brent for the troll that he is. I especially loved how he called me out then it backfired.

That was hilarious! I wonder if he'll round up an underground 2. I'd join, that fiasco was hilarious.

Brent's a weirdo. I can't believe the two of them are so eager to get back on SR's board. Oh well.

But anyway, AW is completely right, the entire process of nominating someone really only serves to ridicule them publicly. But whatever. I have a board I like and I still get to keep up with friends, so I really don't give a rats a$$. But I do like the drama. Keep 'em coming folks.

It's not often that I agree 100% with LadyT.

Well said!

December is coming LadyT.... people will be voting again for new council members! Get ready, the underground 2 is coming!

Adam is 75% right. We have a bigger purpose than just banning people and labeling them trolls, but he is right on about what the troll label does. It alienates them publicly.

For instance, my first order of business was to suggest Search Engine Optimization, and now I'm voting yay on avatars. So, we do vote on extra features and improvements to the board, and whether they are worth it or not. The arguement about avatars was that they could slow down the board. But, with discussion, we were able to decide that we start with predefined avatars that don't exceed a certain size limit, so it does not slow down the board.

Everyone was on board for the Search Engine Optimization suggestion I had made. Of course, we could suggest that as regular users, but with SR at the helm, having a SC vote it in puts pressure on him to get things implemented even if he doesn't really like it. Of course, he can overrule anything he wants, he's going to need to have a good explanation or his whole idea of the SC is going to be ruined because they won't trust him to follow through.

For instance, my first order of business was to suggest Search Engine Optimization, and now I'm voting yay on avatars. So, we do vote on extra features and improvements to the board, and whether they are worth it or not. The arguement about avatars was that they could slow down the board. But, with discussion, we were able to decide that we start with predefined avatars that don't exceed a certain size limit, so it does not slow down the board.

Hmmm, here we make suggestions and if they are good Damo takes our advice.

Yep, you're right LadyT. Damo is very open to new ideas and it seems he loves the new features. SR is running a board where he got most of his users from a broke down board called politics.com. It was very old-fashioned and basic. SR tends to like that. But, it is nice to have a SC to slap him around a little bit. I like going to both, regardless of who owns it, just because of the people that frequent it.

It's not often that I agree 100% with LadyT.

Well said!

Yeah. I think this should go down in internet history. This is the only subject we seemed to agree on. And that bo should have been AI.

SR is playing a virtual reality game, and you people are his pawns. He runs an oligarchy, a one-man dictatorship, and he has recruited a handful of self-aggrandizing egomainiacs to help him dupe the rest of the players. SR is a control freak.

"Trolls" and deeming someone a "troll" are codespeak for censorship. It makes it much easier to limit and control someone's free speech, when you've ostracized them as a "troll" and created this negative perception. The very criteria one uses to define a troll, is paramount in protecting free speech, the subjective nature of how their content is perceived, is the determining factor. The Kangaroo Court deems that someone has not "contributed to the dialogue in a meaningful way" or whatever grandiose verbage you want to apply, the bottom line is, someone said something they didn't think was appropriate, and in their personal opinion, did not contribute to the dialogue. This opinionated classifying of people as "troll" and "non-troll" is nothing but blatent stiffling of freedom of speech, and punishment by public humiliation. It serves no useful purpose in open objective dialogue, it only restricts people to the confined parameters of those in charge, yeilding an inferior product, devoid of true unabashed free speech.

Last edited:
LOL, tell us how you really feel Dix...and we arn't controlling his free speech. We are just allowing people to ignore it. He can say whatever he wants, whenever he wants, but people now have the ability to ignore his idiotic ass.

Back