Things Going Swimmingly @ FP

Yeah, but making a public spectacle of something is really personal is childish. Its like you're on the playground and all the cool kids have decided that you are a troll. Very stupid. although, I do think a council to decide features is an okay idea.

And what hell is up with Brent and Grind begging and crawling their way back onto the board anyway? Dixie did you read this????!!!!!!

http://www.fullpolitics.com/viewthread.php?tid=20318&page=2

"My only reason for stating otherwise was my hate for SR and my desire to win and sabotage the Council. This, however, is in the past. I admit my error and have taken steps (including an apology to SR) to correct these mistakes.

I was just being a complete douche."

are you kidding me?

Yeah, but making a public spectacle of something is really personal is childish. Its like you're on the playground and all the cool kids have decided that you are a troll. Very stupid. although, I do think a council to decide features is an okay idea.

And what hell is up with Brent and Grind begging and crawling their way back onto the board anyway? Dixie did you read this????!!!!!!

"My only reason for stating otherwise was my hate for SR and my desire to win and sabotage the Council. This, however, is in the past. I admit my error and have taken steps (including an apology to SR) to correct these mistakes.

are you kidding me?

Whole lotta groveling going on

LadyT, he did originally try to come back as a troll (pimptdaddyisback) but was caught by the system and only allowed to make two posts. He's now trying to claim it wasn't him but too many variables fall into place that says it is him. That, along with defacing maineman's picture, is why I consider him a troll. He is consistent. Trolls, gets caught or fesses up, and apologizes..waits a few months... does it again. Whether or not its humiliating to him doesn't really make me cringe at my vote, but there are a few people on the SC who had a vendetta against him. There were plenty of level-headed people who didn't hold a vendetta against him that agree he is a troll. The only person who didn't vote in favor was someone who thinks the SC is stupid, possibly an underground candidate that got through.. lol.

When I went in there no one was there. Also, I don't want to sound off any alarms at work.

When I went in there no one was there. Also, I don't want to sound off any alarms at work.
Use the mute. When you go in then set your settings at work for no sound. It will have the entrance sound thereafter but no others and each time you set it, you are only setting it for the computer you were on at that time.

For those where the box doesn't show up to type, you need to turn on Javascript for it to work.

are you kidding me?

Yeah, I read it. I lost a ton of respect for Grind, kissing SR's ass like he did, to get back in good graces. Brent is no surprise, he is so needy, he'd sell his own mother for some attention, but I really thought Grind had some principles and morals.

As for the SC, Dave, you can defend what they do all you like, it's still censorship. Don't you think it has an effect on people and how/what they post, to know that they risk being hauled to the SC and castigated as a troll? I think it would at least give someone pause before expressing their true feelings, if they wanted to remain a "fine upstanding citizen" of the community, and not be labeled with the Scarlet Letter of "TROLL!"

Demonizing people because you don't like what they say, regardless of the fact that you are allowing them to say it, is still a form of censorship. You are forcing them to conform to your standards of free speech, without respecting theirs. It's the Thought Police from 1984. If someone wants to articulate a point by posting something you feel is "troll-like", why should they submit to your specifications and standards? Why should they be labeled and ostracized by the community at large, because a few people didn't like their style? In pondering these questions, I always come back around to censorship, and the unwillingness of others, to give people the freedom to post what they want and how they want.

You could hold a rally for anti-war pundits to speak at, and when they arrived, the scene would look like a circus carnival, and you could inform them that they have the right to get up there and say whatever they want... free speech... just put on this clown costume first. Is that Freedom of Speech? Or is that hiding behind freedom of speech and using demonetization and ostracizing to diminish the message, therefore, stifling Freedom of Speech?

It seems to me, you have the same scenario at FP. You are perfectly welcome to post anything you wish... it's just that, we might label you a "troll" and relegate your credibility to nothingness here... but, go ahead, speak freely! What a fucking JOKE!

Here, we have an "ignore user" option, we can use it at our own personal discretion. No one is labeled, no one is subjugated to conform to SR's dictatorial rules, no one has to define their ideology, no one has to obey the masters or risk being ostracized and humiliated publicly. And no one has to rely on a select group of 'greater minds' to determine whether someone is worthy of us listening to. We are all grown ups, big enough to make our own minds up, and we don't need a babysitter to tell us who we can ignore.

We have true Freedom of Speech, and just as it should be in the real world, we have the option to listen or tune it out. What SR has constructed, is a hideous and cumbersome system of control and domination, apparently for his own sick amusement. Of course, a lot of you have bought into the whole thing, and are too stupid to realize what is going on, but that's okay, SR likes you!

LOL, It's like making someone available on basic cable, but you have the choice to block rated content. Unfortunatly, that isn't the best system, but don't piss in my wheaties because its the way it works over there. You're wasting your time.

I would prefer the ability to select the channels you block on a more personal level. Never said I was against it.

"You could hold a rally for anti-war pundits to speak at, and when they arrived, the scene would look like a circus carnival, and you could inform them that they have the right to get up there and say whatever they want... free speech... just put on this clown costume first. Is that Freedom of Speech? Or is that hiding behind freedom of speech and using demonetization and ostracizing to diminish the message, therefore, stifling Freedom of Speech?"

No, he doesn't have to where a clown outfit. He can come dressed as he pleases. But when he comes dressed in his Nazi paraphanelia we handout earplugs.

Yeah, I read it. I lost a ton of respect for Grind, kissing SR's $%@ like he did, to get back in good graces. Brent is no surprise, he is so needy, he'd sell his own mother for some attention, but I really thought Grind had some principles and morals.

I know!!!!!! Mr. "I don't care about anyone but myself".
He didn't waste anytime. Kids these days. No resolve. He posts their private messages and they go apologizing and graveling. Unreal.

Fuck you dixie, I didn't kiss sr's ass at all. He asked me to apologize and I didn't. Brent did. He said the past is the past and I said yes. That was all. I didn't fucking do ANYTHING else.

"I think the Security Council is irrelevant. No offense to all the fine people involved.

After all, the only TRUE function which differentiates it from an "ignore user" list is the public alienation directly related to their votes, the fact that they must vote to make any decisions impacting the users, and the lack of flexibility that comes with choosing whomever you do not wish to see on the board. "

Adam's right and its what most of us that were on that board said from the beginning.

Speaking of which,Grind, why are you still on that board after SR publicly smeared your name and banned you for no reason?

I post sparingly. Why do you apparently continue to read the board after I was banned for no reason?

are you kidding me?

It was pathetic, I called brent a pussy for that. Do NOT lump me in with pussy brent.

Again I never apologized you fucking loser tiana.

You guys still don't get it, I am not on a crusade, it's a messageboard. I will post where I want as long as there is good discussion. I don't give a fuck who is at the helm.

Back