This is what happens when you live in a state run by Republicans

Please elaborate on that.
Liberal is not the same thing as "classical liberal" or libertarian ideas.

One group wants to force me to wear a helmet, the other wants to ensure my freedoms.

One group wants to make sure people don't use certain words to describe people, the other understands that sometimes others using their freedoms will 'offend'.

So forth.

There is a difference between "liberals" of today and "classical liberal/libertarian".

Wearing a helmet is much like not driving drunk. You cost me too much when you bash your head on the pavement going 70 miles an hour. If it did not cost me so much I would defend your right to bash your head doing 70 miles per hour.

Wearing a helmet is much like not driving drunk. You cost me too much when you bash your head on the pavement going 70 miles an hour. If it did not cost me so much I would defend your right to bash your head doing 70 miles per hour.
I cost you nothing. I pay extra in insurance to cover that.

I wear a helmet anyway. The difference is in the force. If some idiot wants to pay extra in insurance and donate his organs, so be it.

As I said, mommy doesn't need to be in the government. There IS a difference between a classic liberal and what people call "liberal" today.

Liberal is not the same thing as "classical liberal" or libertarian ideas.

One group wants to force me to wear a helmet, the other wants to ensure my freedoms.

One group wants to make sure people don't use certain words to describe people, the other understands that sometimes others using their freedoms will 'offend'.

So forth.

There is a difference between "liberals" of today and "classical liberal/libertarian".

*yawn*

I wear a helmet anyway. The difference is in the force. If some idiot wants to pay extra in insurance and donate his organs, so be it.

As I said, mommy doesn't need to be in the government. There IS a difference between a classic liberal and what people call "liberal" today.

Liberals forcing us to do things for our own good is in large part a conservative myth. Plenty of cons do the same thing.

Liberals forcing us to do things for our own good is in large part a conservative myth. Plenty of cons do the same thing.

no one's arguing about conservatives. It's about liberal vs. libertarians if you read the thread. First you say liberals don't do it then say conservatives do the same things meaning liberals do do it.

no one's arguing about conservatives. It's about liberal vs. libertarians if you read the thread. First you say liberals don't do it then say conservatives do the same things meaning liberals do do it.

Point is that conservatives do it....or would if they had the power to.

True, but the question wasn't whether conservative meant the same thing as libertarian, it was whether liberal did.

How does the cop know you carry extra insurance?

He would have to pull you over to find out huh?

Wasting his time and my money.

Contrary to the popular con belief all liberals are not alike. Many voted for Bush.
so some of them are clearly insane.

How does the cop know you carry extra insurance?

He would have to pull you over to find out huh?

Wasting his time and my money.
Because all people who buy motorcycle insurance pay that premium. Your nannyism aside. The bottom line is, they only cost you more if you are willing to pay for them. Let people make their own mistakes and don't because of "compassion" bail them out.

Yeah someone wearing a helmet knows that their insurance will cover them if they become a permanent vegatable ? They will never go on medicare or anything when their insurance runs out ?
Personally I consider riders without helmets semi vegatables now.
Not a lot inside my po old head but it is all I have.

Yeah someone wearing a helmet knows that their insurance will cover them if they become a permanent vegatable ? They will never go on medicare or anything when their insurance runs out ?
Personally I consider riders without helmets semi vegatables now.
Not a lot inside my po old head but it is all I have.
Again, only if you cover them do they gain that 'benefit'. Mistaken compassion is not an excuse to start making decisions for other people. Stop covering people who are that stupid rather than forcing others to pay for your emotive reasoning that we must.

Back