This trial is fun so far...

Let's get one thing straight, lizard. I am not trying to ban birth control. Enough with the baseless accusations.

I am not trying to control women. Another of your silly and baseless accusations, lizard.

I asked a simple question, you answered it, then you asked me the same question. I answered that.

Now, you're making things out to be what they aren't with your senseless diatribe and name calling.

Again (I already answered this question, and you did too), I am against using abortion as a form of birth control.

And you say I can't carry on a serious discussion? Take a long look in the mirror, lizard....
RB, do you have children?

Why or why not?

RB, do you have children?

Why or why not?
No, although a woman I dated says her daughter is mine, then not, depending on what mood she's in. The girl was raised by her grandmother. I always treated her as she were mine. I often visited when she was young. When she was old enough, I took her out for dinner, to concerts, races and out for a few drinks. I called her my Goddaughter. She is married, 2 kids of her own and doing well. I spoke to her yesterday.

That said, I didn't want kids because I was always too spontaneous. When I got married, I still bowled 2 nights a week and shot pool on weekends. When there was something to do or somewhere to go, I was in. Spur of the moment.
Probably didn't help my marriage because it ended after 12 years. She wanted a kid or a dog, so we got a Basset Hound. Damn good dog!

No, although a woman I dated says her daughter is mine, then not, depending on what mood she's in. The girl was raised by her grandmother. I always treated her as she were mine. I often visited when she was young. When she was old enough, I took her out for dinner, to concerts, races and out for a few drinks. I called her my Goddaughter. She is married, 2 kids of her own and doing well. I spoke to her yesterday.

That said, I didn't want kids because I was always too spontaneous. When I got married, I still bowled 2 nights a week and shot pool on weekends. When there was something to do or somewhere to go, I was in. Spur of the moment.
Probably didn't help my marriage because it ended after 12 years. She wanted a kid or a dog, so we got a Basset Hound. Damn good dog!
Thanks for sharing. The only reason why I asked, was in my trying to better understand your positions on some of these family issues like abortion and birth control etc.

Relationships never sit still. I believe relationships are either building or dissolving, and In your case, I wish you a lot of luck and success in hanging on to your relationship with your daughter and her family, and making the best it can be for everyone involved.

I will just say, that I am a very proud father of a son and daughter, my 7 grandchildren, and my 3 great-grandchildren now.

I cannot say enough about the joy they all bring me now by me being a part of their lives, and them all wanting to be a part of mine.

Thanks

Why didn't you raise her? IF you are the father, you are her parent, a child should be raised by its parents.

Did you ever find out if you are the father? She has claimed you are.
And she has claimed I'm not. No, I did not, but I was the only father figure in her life.
She calls me daddy., I call her my little girl (who just turned 43).

And she has claimed I'm not. No, I did not, but I was the only father figure in her life.
She calls me daddy., I call her my little girl (who just turned 43).
You be you, but it seems it would have been good to figure it out. You likely are not her father or you would see it in her.

You be you, but it seems it would have been good to figure it out. You likely are not her father or you would see it in her.
I do see it in her. She's married to a Marine and has a good life. And everyone says she looks like me.

Back