Thousands dropped from food stamps due to work requirements

I wonder why Mason is stupid enough to think he knows what I do for the poor.......is it because his rationality is deteriorated by his liberalism?.......

Yes, he did not instruct the government to do it. It is part of our personal works. Leaving that to the government neglects our personal duty [according to Biblical teachings].
The demand became too big for the churches, tithing was not enough to feed the poor, care for the widows. If it is your duty then Christians are failing miserably and if you truly care for the poor then you would not bitch that the government has stepped in to help.

The demand became too big for the churches, tithing was not enough to feed the poor, care for the widows. If it is your duty then Christians are failing miserably and if you truly care for the poor then you would not bitch that the government has stepped in to help.

I did not say one word about government programs to help the poor. I was pointing out that the command by Jesus to help the poor was meant for individuals. But, I certainly don't think government should make policy based on something Jesus said--seems like that violates the establishment clause.

I did not say one word about government programs to help the poor. I was pointing out that the command by Jesus to help the poor was meant for individuals. But, I certainly don't think government should make policy based on something Jesus said--seems like that violates the establishment clause.

Did Jesus condemn or speak out against grain dole by the Roman government? Herod also saved his people from public famine, did Jesus condemn it and command that only private charity should exist?

Did Jesus condemn or speak out against grain dole by the Roman government? Herod also saved his people from public famine, did Jesus condemn it and command that only private charity should exist?

I was not suggesting Jesus opposed such actions. I was saying his instructions to help the poor was meant for individuals and people should not use that command to justify their political opinions. Supporting food stamps, for example, should be based on its policy value, not some religious reason.

Some issues, like abortion or gay marriage, were made religious issues by many while others favored or opposed these things with no religious feelings about them.

Atheists have opinions about abortion and gay marriage unrelated to any religious beliefs; yet, people were attacked for their beliefs on these issues for trying to impose their religion on others.

I was not suggesting Jesus opposed such actions. I was saying his instructions to help the poor was meant for individuals and people should not use that command to justify their political opinions. Supporting food stamps, for example, should be based on its policy value, not some religious reason.

Some issues, like abortion or gay marriage, were made religious issues by many while others favored or opposed these things with no religious feelings about them.

Atheists have opinions about abortion and gay marriage unrelated to any religious beliefs; yet, people were attacked for their beliefs on these issues for trying to impose their religion on others.
That’s your opinion, he commanded us to take care of the poor, whether it be through taxation or private donation, what does it matter.

That’s your opinion, he commanded us to take care of the poor, whether it be through taxation or private donation, what does it matter.

Government should not be taxing citizens for the religious beliefs of some (even if a majority). And, it is not just my opinion but prohibited by the the 1st Amendment (if the law mentioned any religious purpose).

Would you object to your tax money going to the Methodist Church so they could help the poor?

You claiming the foodstamp program was started because of Jesus?

Government should not be taxing citizens for the religious beliefs of some (even if a majority). And, it is not just my opinion but prohibited by the the 1st Amendment (if the law mentioned any religious purpose).

Would you object to your tax money going to the Methodist Church so they could help the poor?

You do it for humanitarian purposes, and for national security. You are only as strong as your weakest link. I believe a vibrant, healthy, educated population is definitely worth my tax dollars.

I am for efficiency, can the Methodist feed the poor more effectively than SNAP?

Last edited:

Where does it say in the Bible, "through taxation or private donation"; because otherwise, it's just you putting your own spin on it.

Back