THREADBAN POLL 2019

What should JPP do with its threadban feature?

• I am NEUTRAL on this issue. I truly do not care one way or the other.

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • KEEP threadbans.

Votes: 24 47.1%
  • ABOLISH threadbans

Votes: 17 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
if you are a stupid old person that barely knows how to use the internet, I could see you having trouble. Otherwise, most people would probably be able to figure out this brain buster.

I'm stupid old man that can barely use the internet.
How would I PM that handle!?

It really doesn’t matter to me if they end thread bans.

I have a back up plan

But some of these lefties are starting to make me rethink my vote. I may vote to end the thread ban.

Then I can start posting in Rana and Christie’s threads again.

I need to ponder this. If the vote gets closer, I may have Grind switch my vote to get rid of

Then watch how quickly they demand that it be reinstated. Wasn't it JPP leftists who begged for threadbans in the first place?

Then watch how quickly they demand that it be reinstated. Wasn't it JPP leftists who begged for threadbans in the first place?

Are you coming out of the closet as a Leftist? How many of your threads look like this?:

4fdmsi.jpg

As many as I want.

The JPP community have voted on this issue twice. Threadbans are settled law, it seems.

Cry harder.
The crier is the douchebag who bans disagreement. No worries. Enjoy yourself with your little threads.

APP would finally become a relevant forum if we actually abolished thread bans.

You think the leftists who demanded threadbans in the first place want that?

What I suspect they wanted was a way to ban "cons" from their threads. They didn't think about the fact that "cons" would also be able to ban them. That's the only complaint they seem to have, isn't it?

Really? I'm not the one posting screenshots all over the board whining about who someone else bans, am I?

I don't ban disagreement. I ban habitual trolls.
Why does the truth bother you so much??? You admit it's a screenshot, so why do you hate it being shown? It's true so why are you complaining? Is it because the reason you threadban so many people is that you are a typical bully who hates confrontation? That you strongly dislike disagreeing opinions?

If you habitually banned trolls, you would always do it. As it is, you seem to only do it for the topics you hate to be confronted about just like Trump doesn't want to hear Intel briefings on Russia.

4frhxm.jpg

You admit it's a screenshot, so why do you hate it being shown?

I don't recall saying that I hate for it to be shown. I mentioned it because you keep posting it all over the forum as if I'm going to stop using threadbans because you don't like it when I do.

If you habitually banned trolls, you would always do it.

I didn't say that. I said I ban habitual trolls. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't, obviously. My threads, my choice.

Is there a reason why you appear to be fixated on my frequent use of the threadban while ignoring the widespread use of the feature by others?

how are you kept from disagreeing..........you can start your own thread and say whatever you want.......

True, and I welcome anyone who cares to post, to say what they have to say. Unlike the mass thread banners who are afraid of disagreement. Their choice. My choice to point out their cowardice just as I do with sock puppeteers.

You like to brag about being a Christian then, in a single breath, call people Demmycunts. I like to identify and label cowards and liars.
You have your hobby, I have mine.
bienmal.gif

I like to identify and label cowards and liars.

Better get busy, then.

It's one thing to thread ban habitual trolls.
I ban people.
I often have a thread ban list when I start a thread.
I don't allow racists, or haters in.
Does not seem cowardly to me. Like other mature adults who respect social etiquette, it just makes sense to exclude known racists, belligerent bigots, girlish gossipers, and libelers from civilized conversation.
I thread banned his ass so he couldn't shit the place up with his stinking shit.
It is every poster's option to ban as many others as he/she decides. It is an exaggeration to say that anyone here is 'banning everyone.'
Banning all the idiots is the best first line of defense.
I've never put anybody on ' Ignore ' but my reserve thread ban serves useful purposes. Once you've been a member for some considerable time here you can anticipate the reaction of the forum trolls to any given topic. Sometimes you might want to investigate a topic with other reasonable members and so you post your ban to eliminate the dross from your thread
There are a handful of posters here who are such good-for-nothing trolls they don't deserve to be allowed to post in my threads. Or anyone else's either. Ergo, I ban only them from every thread I start.
I only ban obvious trolls and posters who blatantly engage in overt racism, misogyny, bigotry, libel, and slander. Those are not forms of "free speech" and they are not even remotely close to conventional political speech. The only reason anyone could make it onto my thread ban list is if they are either a troll, or they are a terrible human being.
The trolls often derail the thread. I think banning trolls is fine.
If you're trying to have a serious discussion, whether it's off-topic or about politics, there are some who just cannot act like adults and should be excluded.
Then I’m a coward and proud of it. I will ignore them and ban them.

Back