Three Years, Five Months

So, bascially bob, you've completely abandoned your original assertion, that germany didn't attack us first.

Now, you're just trying to spin ways to justify why hitler attacked us and launched U-boat attacks on us first.

Now, that you've abandoned your original assertion, I'm not going to address your new spins.

i dint make the assersion, just asked how sure of that you were

The US was supporting the UK, giving them supplies, our pilots were flying missions over Germany, and who declared war first doesn't really matter. The table was set, who called the word first is not that important.

we were attacked by japan first .. we entered the war... the germany declares

i dint make the assersion, just asked how sure of that you were

How was I so sure of it? Becasue I took 10th grade american history, and I knew Germany declared war on us first, and sent U-boats to attack us first.

And for those Nazi-apologists who claim hitler had a "right" to attack us, because we were supplying britain, they can go to hell.

We supplied Iraq during the Iraq-Iran war, and if Iran had decided to undertake a campaign to sink dozens of US ships in the Persian Gulf we would have considered that an act of war. No patriotic american would claim that Iran had the "right" to sink our merchant marine fleet.

How was I so sure of it? Becasue I took 10th grade american history, and I knew Germany declared war on us first, and sent U-boats to attack us first.

And for those Nazi-apologists who claim hitler had a "right" to attack us, because we were supplying britain, they can go to hell.

We supplied Iraq during the Iraq-Iran war, and if Iran had decided to undertake a campaign to sink dozens of US ships in the Persian Gulf we would have considered that an act of war. No patriotic american would claim that Iran had the "right" to sink our merchant marine fleet.

no one here is defending nazi's or hitler... i know you like to see thing as you like. but it just isnt the case here.

well maybe next year in 11th grade youll learn a lil more about history, unless you just want too ignore the parts of history you dont agree with.

no one here is defending nazi's or hitler... i know you like to see thing as you like. but it just isnt the case here.

well maybe next year in 11th grade youll learn a lil more about history, unless you just want too ignore the parts of history you dont agree with.
Did you miss this in the very site you cite?

1941 - 4-Sep German torpedo attack on USS Greer opens tacit shooting war in Atlantic.

Germany began firing on our merchant shipping long before they declared war on us. Any educated American should know that.

1941 - 4-Sep German torpedo attack on USS Greer opens tacit shooting war in Atlantic.

Germany began firing on our merchant shipping long before they declared war on us.
Any educated American should know that.

I told Bob that twenty posts ago.

Its high school american history.

Germany began firing on our merchant shipping long before they declared war on us. Any educated American should know that.

no not at all, but i didnt just pick and chose either

1941 -- 5 Jan. British soldiers invaded Ethiopia. 29 -Jan. - British-American Staff Conversations. 1-Mar Bulgaria joined the Axis. 11 -Mar - Congress passes Lend-Lease Act. 6-April Germany invaded Greece and Yugoslavia. 13 - April Japan and Russia signed a non-aggression pact. 27-May President Roosevelt proclaims state of unlimited national emergency. 8 June British and French forces invaded Syria. 22 June - Russia is invaded by Hitler with approximately 3 million troops. 7-Jul United States forces land in Iceland. 26 -Jul United States declares oil embargo on Japan. 7-Aug The Atlantic Charter was announced 14-Aug - Roosevelt and Churchill announce Atlantic Charter. 4-Sep German torpedo attack on USS Greer opens tacit shooting war in Atlantic. 25 -Sep Army and Navy Secretaries submit to Roosevelt an estimate of U.S. forces needed to defeat the Axis and Japan. 1-Oct First Soviet Protocol signed by U.S., Great Britain, and USSR at Moscow. 7-8 Dec. Japan delivers simultaneous bombing attacks on Pearl Harbor, the Philippines, Wake, and Guam, invades Malaya and Thailand, seizes Shanghai, and declares war on the U.S. and Great Britain. 8 - Dec. German offensive in Russia bogs down Canada Declares War on Japan. 9 - Dec. China declares war on Japan, Nazi Germany, and Italy. 10 - Dec. Japanese capture Guam, land on Luzon in Philippines. 11 - Dec. Nazi Germany and Italy declare war on United States, and United States declares itself at war with them. 18 - Dec. Japanese they attacked Hong Kong and on Christmas Day the British surrendered. Dec. 20 Chennault’s Flying Tigers enter combat against Japanese in China. 23 - Dec. General Macarthur decides to evacuate Manila and withdraw to Bataan. Wake Island captured by Japanese.

However, Ornot, as you read through this thread, you can see Bob, spinning and weaving between two distinct arguments:

1) First, he'll claim germany never attacked us first.

2) Then, after you disprove him multiple times, he'll change the subject and claim germany had "the right" to attack us, because we were supplying britain.

1941 -- 5 Jan. British soldiers invaded Ethiopia. 29 -Jan. - British-American Staff Conversations. 1-Mar Bulgaria joined the Axis. 11 -Mar - Congress passes Lend-Lease Act. 6-April Germany invaded Greece and Yugoslavia. 13 - April Japan and Russia signed a non-aggression pact. 27-May President Roosevelt proclaims state of unlimited national emergency. 8 June British and French forces invaded Syria. 22 June - Russia is invaded by Hitler with approximately 3 million troops. 7-Jul United States forces land in Iceland. 26 -Jul United States declares oil embargo on Japan. 7-Aug The Atlantic Charter was announced 14-Aug - Roosevelt and Churchill announce Atlantic Charter. 4-Sep German torpedo attack on USS Greer opens tacit shooting war in Atlantic. 25 -Sep Army and Navy Secretaries submit to Roosevelt an estimate of U.S. forces needed to defeat the Axis and Japan. 1-Oct First Soviet Protocol signed by U.S., Great Britain, and USSR at Moscow. 7-8 Dec. Japan delivers simultaneous bombing attacks on Pearl Harbor, the Philippines, Wake, and Guam, invades Malaya and Thailand, seizes Shanghai, and declares war on the U.S. and Great Britain. 8 - Dec. German offensive in Russia bogs down Canada Declares War on Japan. 9 - Dec. China declares war on Japan, Nazi Germany, and Italy. 10 - Dec. Japanese capture Guam, land on Luzon in Philippines. 11 - Dec. Nazi Germany and Italy declare war on United States, and United States declares itself at war with them. 18 - Dec. Japanese they attacked Hong Kong and on Christmas Day the British surrendered. Dec. 20 Chennault’s Flying Tigers enter combat against Japanese in China. 23 - Dec. General Macarthur decides to evacuate Manila and withdraw to Bataan. Wake Island captured by Japanese.
And your point is that Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor was justified? Is that correct?

Who declared war first is not all that important and has nothing to do with the orginal post. The US declared war on Japan first, after they bombed Pearl Harbor and then Germany as an ally of Japan declared war on the US. But it is an argument that has nothing to do with the orginal post.

However, Ornot, as you read through this thread, you can see Bob, spinning and weaving between two distinct arguments:

1) First, he'll claim germany never attacked us first.

2) Then, after you disprove him multiple times, he'll change the subject and claim germany had "the right" to attack us, becasue we were supplying britain.
I've seen others do that same bob and weave before. It's usually preface to some argument that the Soviets and/or Maoists were worse than the Nazis.

Who declared war first is not all that important and has nothing to do with the orginal post. The US declared war on Japan first, after they bombed Pearl Harbor and then Germany as an ally of Japan declared war on the US. But it is an argument that has nothing to do with the orginal post.

Wrong, dimwit. Japan declared war on us about an hour after Pearl Harbor. It was supposed to have happened right before the attack, but their embassy staff bungled it.

You just proved my original point.

I've seen others do that same bob and weave before. It's usually preface to some argument that the Soviets and/or Maoists were worse than the Nazis.

Now, when we were supplying and supporting Iraq in the Iran-Iraq war, I wonder what these nazi-apologists would say if the Iranian Navy started blockading our eastern seaboard, and started sinking american merchant ships???

Would these nazi-apologists, say Iran "had a right" to blockade us and sink our ships, because we were supporting and supplying Iraq??

That is just stupid Cypress. That is the same as saying that Nazi have a right to kill Americans because they supported England. Sure if you are a nazi you would believe that. If you support Iran then sure they have a point. ME, I support the American agenda. If you want to support Iran then go right ahead.

Back