Tim Scott announces run for Vice President.

I agree, but I think it’s inevitable. The anti DeSantis threads are now being started by Trump supporters. Ron never had a chance. He should have sat this one out. Trump is going to destroy him and toss him innthe garbage.

I honestly think trump will cost them at every level. There are good ACTUAL conservative candidates who won’t run, and women? Between abortion and a sexual predator on the ballot(one who will also have been indicted for selling government secrets and stealing elections) they are going to come out in droves. 2024 is a reckoning for Republicans. It’s going to be a bloodbath.
Agreed if Dump is the nominee. But it would almost guarantee a repub is president in 2028 after 4 more years of Brandon or the very good chance Kamala has to take over.

Agreed if Dump is the nominee. But it would almost guarantee a repub is president in 2028 after 4 more years of Brandon or the very good chance Kamala has to take over.

Which candidate in the GOP doesn't have the stench of Trump? DeSantis is an idiot. He should have abandoned his 'woke' bullshit, which is completely out of hand, condemned Trump, and endorsed Nikki Haley. But he is a megalomaniac with delusions of grandeur. So he went the Trump route. But he is not Trump. And so ends his political career.

Point being, how long does it take the GOP to recover from what is going to be a disaster in 2024? I think it takes more than one election cycle.

Scott, Nikki, Pence, Liz Cheney to name 4 off the top of my head. :dunno:

Agree on all of those. Except Pence, who would have let Trump use him as a footstool if that's what it took. Pence is a dead man walking when it comes to Presidential politics. Haley, IMHO, is the strongest of those, maybe Scott too. All of them, I think, would beat Biden. But it won't matter. And Harris is done.

Agree on all of those. Except Pence, who would have let Trump use him as a footstool if that's what it took. Pence is a dead man walking when it comes to Presidential politics. Haley, IMHO, is the strongest of those, maybe Scott too. All of them, I think, would beat Biden. But it won't matter. And Harris is done.

Agreed on Pence. He did the right...in the end, but it took him too long to get there.

Why does everyone hate Harris?

Agreed on Pence. He did the right...in the end, but it took him too long to get there.

Why does everyone hate Harris?

She is just not likeable or relatable. It's hard to put your finger on it, but she comes across as 'I'm smarter than you, and I know it'. She needs a different role, one where she doesn't need to be elected :)

She is just not likeable or relatable. It's hard to put your finger on it, but she comes across as 'I'm smarter than you, and I know it'. She needs a different role, one where she doesn't need to be elected :)

Which dates back to the book "The Making of a President" and the first televised Presidential debate.

In the debate, those who listened on the radio thought Nixon won, but those who watched on television thought Kennedy won. In short, it's no longer important to be a good administrator and leader; it's only important to look good. Harris's problem is the same as Al Gore's; they don't look good even though they are very competent people. This is the US we live in.

Which dates back to the book "The Making of a President" and the first televised Presidential debate.

In the debate, those who listened on the radio thought Nixon won, but those who watched on television thought Kennedy won. In short, it's no longer important to be a good administrator and leader; it's only important to look good. Harris's problem is the same as Al Gore's; they don't look good even though they are very competent people. This is the US we live in.

You hit the nail on the head. It's also going to be DeSantis's problem (although he is a fucking dick when it come to policy as well). It's why the most qualified people would never run for President. Washington is not about governing, it's about power and prestige. There is no other way to explain Jim Jordan.

You hit the nail on the head. It's also going to be DeSantis's problem (although he is a fucking dick when it come to policy as well). It's why the most qualified people would never run for President. Washington is not about governing, it's about power and prestige. There is no other way to explain Jim Jordan.

Jim Jordan gives the best Rusty Trombones in D.C. :thup:

Agree on all of those. Except Pence, who would have let Trump use him as a footstool if that's what it took. Pence is a dead man walking when it comes to Presidential politics. .
He's an anti-Trumpist now. I wasn't talking about who could get the nom. He's cleansed of the stench of Trump.

He's an anti-Trumpist now. I wasn't talking about who could get the nom. He's cleansed of the stench of Trump.

When Pence comes out and says 'that fucking asshole tried to kill me. He can go fuck himself', he will be rid of the stench of Trump. At least in my book. He's trying to walk the line. It's the reason he is at 5%

You hit the nail on the head. It's also going to be DeSantis's problem (although he is a fucking dick when it come to policy as well). .
This is DeSantis' problem, IMO:

As DeSantis enters 2024 presidential race, Haley argues Florida governor is 'copying Trump'
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...florida-governor-is-copying-trump/ar-AA1bDJIQ

Reminds me of all those Reagan wannabe's in the 90's, e.g. Bobby Jendal. Except Trump is not one to copy.
Politicians should carve their own identity.

This is DeSantis' problem, IMO:

As DeSantis enters 2024 presidential race, Haley argues Florida governor is 'copying Trump'
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...florida-governor-is-copying-trump/ar-AA1bDJIQ

Reminds me of all those Reagan wannabe's in the 90's, e.g. Bobby Jendal. Except Trump is not one to copy.
Politicians should carve their own identity.

Exactly. But it only works for Trump. DeSantis, IMHO, has HORRIBLE political instincts, and he is unlikeable. I don't see his game translating to the national stage.

The candidates are jumping in because Trump is not going to continue. Trump jumped in earlier than anyone ever did because he thought running would provide him with the same protections as the presidency. They do not. Trump will be a criminal when the election comes around. He may be in jail. The reds do not care.

Back