Tlaib is not pro-Hamas

The reactions are not antisemitism. People are not angry at Iraellis for who they are, but for what they are doing. They have killed 7000 plus Palestinians, and many more will die. Yet Israel admits Palestinians did not attack Israel, Hamas did. Hamas fighters are not dying. Palestinian homes and buildings are being destroyed and the
civilians are being slaughtered.

Yes, like post-Civil War Southerners living under the Iron Fist of abusive Yankees. I get it.

What I don't condone is those pissed-off Southerners attacking and murdering Yankee civilians, including women and children, to express their ire. YMMV

The Palestinians did not attack Israel.

The Palestinians did not attack Israel.
Whatever that means. Are you denying the lawful government of the Palestinians ruthlessly and relentlessly attacked Israel for years including a massive mass murdering attack and kidnapping on October 7th?

Whatever that means. Are you denying the lawful government of the Palestinians ruthlessly and relentlessly attacked Israel for years including a massive mass murdering attack and kidnapping on October 7th?

Norberg's post has to be the most idiotic thing ever posted on this board. It is willfully stupid.

Norberg's post has to be the most idiotic thing ever posted on this board. It is willfully stupid.

These Hamas terrorists are shouting Allahu Akbar (God is Great) over the body of a defenseless, innocent and unarmed woman:

I have no sympathy for these fuckers nor anyone who supports or condones them.

Where would they go? Are they allowed to go? Do they have the means to go?

Where would you go? I'd be collecting anything that floats and forging a plan to take my family out to sea and to another country. Anything rather than living under a brutal terrorist regime. Isn't that exactly what most Venezuelans are doing? Getting out the best way they can?

Let's be honest here; there are Palestinian-Americans who voluntarily went and lived there. Calling them "prisoners" is misinformation at best.

If Tlaib showed a bit more anger toward Hamas I would sympathize with her more, instead she gets angry at Israel for "how" they must act when Israel is forced to defend themselves. Hamas uses human shields (war crime) and tries to hide military targets beneath hospitals and civilian apartment structures (more war crimes). This is a duly elected government using their own citizens and hospitals as shields to undermine their enemy and to use as propaganda should their enemy act after they have been attacked. This should infuriate their citizens, but really all I see are folks upset that their business was bombed last night when they weren't there. They are angry at Israel, not at the folks that put them in dire danger.

She should be insanely angry at Hamas who puts their military HQ underneath the only hospital that offers chemotherapy, not at Israel who tells them they are going to attack the military HQ so you'll need to evacuate the hospital days in advance of the attack. She should be even more angry when Hamas forces people to stay in the apartments or hospitals so they can use them as propaganda when, and if, Israel does act.

If Tlaib showed a bit more anger toward Hamas I would sympathize with her more, instead she gets angry at Israel for "how" they must act when Israel is forced to defend themselves. Hamas uses human shields (war crime) and tries to hide military targets beneath hospitals and civilian apartment structures (more war crimes). This is a duly elected government using their own citizens and hospitals as shields to undermine their enemy and to use as propaganda should their enemy act after they have been attacked. This should infuriate their citizens, but really all I see are folks upset that their business was bombed last night when they weren't there. They are angry at Israel, not at the folks that put them in dire danger.

She should be insanely angry at Hamas who puts their military HQ underneath the only hospital that offers chemotherapy, not at Israel who tells them they are going to attack the military HQ so you'll need to evacuate the hospital days in advance of the attack. She should be even more angry when Hamas forces people to stay in the apartments or hospitals so they can use them as propaganda when, and if, Israel does act.

Agreed. The millions of dollars Hamas has spent on weapons and training terrorists could have been better spent on schools, factories and infrastructure.

The Israelis have a right of self-defense. Hamas regularly conducts rocket attacks on Israel. Israel wouldn't crack down on them if they were simply building beach resorts and toy factories.

Sympathy for Hamas and the Palestinians who serve them is misplaced.

Hamas did not attack Palestinian hospitals. They have not killed over 7000 Palestinian civilians. They did not bomb their homes and kill their families.
That was Israel. Yet you think they should be "more angry" at Hamas. How does that make sense? Hamas did a terrible thing to the Israeli people. Those people are angry at Hamas. They have a right to be.
So what do you use for anger units? How much more angry should they be at someone who did not bomb them and kill them over somebody who did?
This shield crap is annoying. Hamas has a network of tunnels. They are underground or gone. So how is the using them foe a shield?

Hamas did not attack Palestinian hospitals. They have not killed over 7000 Palestinian civilians. They did not bomb their homes and kill their families.
No, they simply ensured that they would be attacked by hiding military targets underneath the hospitals.

That was Israel. Yet you think they should be "more angry" at Hamas. How does that make sense? Hamas did a terrible thing to the Israeli people. Those people are angry at Hamas. They have a right to be.
Yet they only show anger at Israel, that is the issue. Saying, "that was Israel"... Yes, Israel has a right to respond to terrorist attacks performed by the elected representatives of the folks in Gaza. It was indeed Israel. Which people are angry at Hamas? Show me.

So what do you use for anger units? How much more angry should they be at someone who did not bomb them and kill them over somebody who did?
Did I say there are anger "units"? Sounds like something a lib would say when they were trying to blame the folks who were attacked for responding. I simply point out the root cause of the problem and inform while you try to persuade me to believe that the "better" humans are the ones using hospitals to cover military headquarters.

This shield crap is annoying. Hamas has a network of tunnels. They are underground or gone. So how is the using them foe a shield?
Putting military HQ and other legitimate military targets directly beneath hospitals and civilian living quarters is using them as a shield and it is a war crime.

Hamas did not attack Palestinian hospitals.

They have not killed over 7000 Palestinian civilians. They did not bomb their homes and kill their families.

That was Israel....

...This shield crap is annoying. Hamas has a network of tunnels. They are underground or gone. So how is the using them foe a shield?
Not on purpose, AFAIK. LOL Putting military targets next to a hospital, school or mosque is an extra buffer of protection for the military targets. It's no secret they do this. They are simply making a desperate bid to survive at any cost. Terrorists who don't recognize the wisdom of "live to fight another day" don't last as terrorists. "By any means possible" is an ancient human strategy. Using meat shields works for their cause. You're helping them does too. LOL

Starting wars has consequences. The results are easily foreseeable for anyone reasonably intelligent and educated. That's why Iran hosts Hamas and Hezbollah training. It maximizes results. What they seek to accomplish is murkier. It's not just fanaticism. Russia, Iran and North Korea are all pulling together with China sitting in the wings. Kinda like the US before WWI and WWII; sat in the middle, traded with both sides albeit leaning more toward our English-speaking ancestral culture.

Yes. They're very effective at defending themselves. While I don't agree with all their present policies, I understand why, after 70 years of constant attack, they are pushing "Enough is enough!"

Annoying because it's true? LOL Yes, it's a good tactic that works for the terrorists. Per international laws of war, https://www.icrc.org/en/document/ihl-rules-of-war-FAQ-Geneva-Conventions

The laws of war prohibit direct attacks on civilian objects, like schools. They also prohibit direct attacks against hospitals and medical staff, which are specially protected under IHL. That said, a hospital or school may become a legitimate military target if it contributes to specific military operations of the enemy and if its destruction offers a definite military advantage for the attacking side.

No, they simply ensured that they would be attacked by hiding military targets underneath the hospitals.

Yet they only show anger at Israel, that is the issue. Saying, "that was Israel"... Yes, Israel has a right to respond to terrorist attacks performed by the elected representatives of the folks in Gaza. It was indeed Israel. Which people are angry at Hamas? Show me.

Did I say there are anger "units"? Sounds like something a lib would say when they were trying to blame the folks who were attacked for responding. I simply point out the root cause of the problem and inform while you try to persuade me to believe that the "better" humans are the ones using hospitals to cover military headquarters.

Putting military HQ and other legitimate military targets directly beneath hospitals and civilian living quarters is using them as a shield and it is a war crime.

You rightys are so daft. Why do you say the Palestinians are protecting Hamas? The Palestinian people are powerless.
Tunnels are what feed Palestinians. They have real value in getting food and fuel from the outside.
You said they should be more angry and Hamas than Israel. You must have something to evaluate with. I suppose Palestinians should accept their repression and lives without power. Israel has been in control of them for generations. I suppose the bible gives them that right.

You rightys are so daft. Why do you say the Palestinians are protecting Hamas? The Palestinian people are powerless.
Tunnels are what feed Palestinians. They have real value in getting food and fuel from the outside.
You said they should be more angry and Hamas than Israel. You must have something to evaluate with. I suppose Palestinians should accept their repression and lives without power. Israel has been in control of them for generations. I suppose the bible gives them that right.

Israel has been out of Gaza since 2005. You're another one that wants the Jews to march quietly to the ovens.

Back