Toughest year Ive had mocking my teams draft

I like the chiefs. Mahomes is the best player in football IMHO. And his dad pitched for the Twins. Still my AFC team has to be the Jags. Local and all. The AFC is about to have a decade of great quarterbacking with Mahomes, Allen, Burrows and Lawrence. It’s going to be fun to watch. And yeah I think Lawrence is going to be that good. Mahomes is still the king though.
It’s going to be an exciting season!

A lot of talk that Arch wouldn't be as highly touted if not for his last name. I'm not sure if that's true or just people hating.

Apparently he broke all of his two uncles records for the High School they all attended.

They've gone into seasons before with the same expectations. Maybe this year will be the year but ultimately results on the field speak for themselves and the Cowboys have had very little post season success in the past 25+ years. Whether one likes or dislike the team, that's just the reality.

The Cowboys are a traditionally winning football team!

The Dallas Cowboys have a record of 550-408-6 all-time.

I've seen some better and I've seen some worse!

Not to derail the thread but you are a golfer correct? Ever watch the Ryder Cup in your youth?

I am a golfer, but I never watched the Ryder cup in my youth.

The Ryder Cup was first televised in 1983. I was in my 40's at that time.

The Cowboys are a traditionally winning football team!

The Dallas Cowboys have a record of 550-408-6 all-time.

I've seen some better and I've seen some worse!

There's no denying the team's great history. We're talking about the past 25 years or so. They are tied for the fifth least playoff wins and have the fifth longest drought of reaching a conference championship game. Claiming that puts them in the top ten or so of teams in recent times doesn't match with the results.

There's no denying the team's great history. We're talking about the past 25 years or so. They are tied for the fifth least playoff wins and have the fifth longest drought of reaching a conference championship game. Claiming that puts them in the top ten or so of teams in recent times doesn't match with the results.

now it makes sense. you are a 49ers fan.

so you want playoff wins to matter because your club has even a longer history of not being the best team in the NFL

listing playoff wins and conference championship appearances is what gave it away :laugh:

Cowboy fans do not consider themselves America's Team. We didn't start that! That started when the play-by-play guys started commenting on how every road Cowboy game they worked, the Cowboy Fans came out of the woodwork!

And you can hate your competition if you think that is good for the soul- But, I do not believe it is.

I don't hate your team or any other NFL TEAM. I am a fan of the sport and all of the teams.

In fact, the Giants are another one of my favorite teams, and I truly wish them the very best!

Isn't America hateful enough without us having to include hatefulness in our sports and entertainment, and even the beer we drink now even?

I just do not understand all of the Hatred expressed towards the Cowboy franchise!

I was born and raised here, in Dallas, and I have been a fan of the Dallas Cowboys and NFL Football, ever since I crawled up into my daddy's lap to watch the Cowboy's very first game. I have watched every DALLAS COWBOYS game since. And I have no regrets about it! They have certainly won enough games and SUPERBOWLS to last me a lifetime!

Lighten up a bit, Geeko.

Just having a bit of fun...almost always at the expense of the Eagles or Boys.

I enjoy all football games...and I do not actually hate any team. The Eagles and Boys suck, but not enough to actually hate them for it.

Lighten up a bit, Geeko.

I enjoy all football games...and I do not actually hate any team. The Eagles and Boys suck, but not enough to actually hate them for it.

I hate the Eagles and think the Eagles fans are generally trash.

I find the Giants ownership to be pathetic. the owners are pussies to the nth degree. They always tried to act like the class of the nfl, but they remind me of the rich dudes in Trading Places

Most other fans hate the Cowboys for the multiple ass kickings they received at the hands of Dallas for DECADES. Just the truth......

I know that most teams get really hard up just to play the Cowboys.

What I am proud of are all the Tom Landry designed plays that are now standards on every offense out there today.

I can remember a day, when all NFL teams built their teams to beat Dallas!

That is a measure of success right there!

now it makes sense. you are a 49ers fan.

so you want playoff wins to matter because your club has even a longer history of not being the best team in the NFL

listing playoff wins and conference championship appearances is what gave it away :laugh:

I am a 49ers fan but my position here isn't driven by that. I absolutely hate the New England Patriots for instance but there's no denying their greatness over the past 20 or so years. Saying playoff performance and Super Bowls is how we judge teams isn't some biased position. I'm not saying anything many Cowboys fans don't say themselves. My in-laws live in the Dallas area and are all Cowboys fans. I hear them speak and read the Dallas paper when I visit. I see the complaining about the team and how young fans have a very different view of the team than older fans who have at least experienced success.

You're honestly the first Cowboys fan I've heard argue they are a top ten team over the past 25 years.

I am a 49ers fan but my position here isn't driven by that. I absolutely hate the New England Patriots for instance but there's no denying their greatness over the past 20 or so years. Saying playoff performance and Super Bowls is how we judge teams isn't some biased position. I'm not saying anything many Cowboys fans don't say themselves. My in-laws live in the Dallas area and are all Cowboys fans. I hear them speak and read the Dallas paper when I visit. I see the complaining about the team and how young fans have a very different view of the team than older fans who have at least experienced success.

You're honestly the first Cowboys fan I've heard argue they are a top ten team over the past 25 years.

oh,. it most definitely is

the big tell is when you want credit for a playoff win and a superbowl loss. you are cherry picking things to not make your team also be on the outside looking in - when they have also been in on a huge drought

Lighten up a bit, Geeko.

I used to be a hater. NO really! I hated the other teams in our division.

One day I just snapped after a loss, and realized- I didn't hate them at all- I envied them.

Now, I pull for all of them in every game except when they play the Cowboys.

I love this tough division we play in. We basically build out teams to defeat the teams in our own division.

I think even the Washington Whatevers will be back soon.

And do not give up on Daniel Jones my friend- He looks like your future- but get him some offensive line help and some throw to weapons OK?

Last edited:
I used to be a hater. NO really! I hated the other teams in our division.

One day I just snapped after a loss, and realized- I didn't hate them at all- I envied them.

Now, I pull for all of them in every game except when they play the Cowboys.

I love this tough division we play in. We basically build out teams to defeat the teams in our own division.

I think even the Washington Whatevers will be back soon.

And do not give up on Daniel Jones my friend- He looks like your future- but get him some offensive line help and some throw to weapons OK?

We only need to improve our offensive line in five spots!

Either that, or Jones learns to do what Eli did...fall to the ground when the defense surges over the OL. Eli realized he had to save himself...and did a great job at that.

Actually, the OL has improved in the last two years, but they are far from one of the better lines. I'm figuring the GIANTS are going to draft with the OL in mind.

It did feel great being the big conference last year.

oh,. it most definitely is

the big tell is when you want credit for a playoff win and a superbowl loss. you are cherry picking things to not make your team also be on the outside looking in - when they have also been in on a huge drought

I'm not cherry picking anything. Success in the NFL is ultimately judged by Super Bowl victories. After that you look at the performance in the playoffs. That's the same for all teams. It's really the same for all sports.

I'm not cherry picking anything. Success in the NFL is ultimately judged by Super Bowl victories. After that you look at the performance in the playoffs. That's the same for all teams. It's really the same for all sports.

outside of super bowl victories - the stat that I find most impressive - and this was during the Landry era - was consecutive years qualifying for the playoffs.

you need an invite - that is most important.

outside of super bowl victories - the stat that I find most impressive - and this was during the Landry era - was consecutive years qualifying for the playoffs.

you need an invite - that is most important.

We're talking about the last 25 years - so more recent time. I've never denied the greatness of Cowboys history. But that's not this discussion. Your argument that in the past 25 years the Cowboys are a top ten team is not back by any data. And I've read the Dallas papers speaking about the Cowboys. Those writers take a very different perspective than you.

We're talking about the last 25 years - so more recent time. I've never denied the greatness of Cowboys history. But that's not this discussion. Your argument that in the past 25 years the Cowboys are a top ten team is not back by any data. And I've read the Dallas papers speaking about the Cowboys. Those writers take a very different perspective than you.

I think it would be beyond silly to use playoff wins as the barometer

Team A goes 9-8. gets a wildcard playoff game and wins - loses the second game

Team B goes 14-3. Gets a bye. wins a playoff game and loses the second game.

Team B clearly had more success and is the better team, but playoff wins say they are equal

Back