Toughest year Ive had mocking my teams draft

Cowboys fan here. Not a JJ fan. He unceremoniously fired Landry and has been on my bad list ever since. Then his ego couldn't let Jimmy Johnson (who I never disliked...I mean, someone had to replace Landry and it wasn't Jimmy's fault he was the one) have the control he wanted. JJ has proven he's a terrible GM. But all of that doesn't stop me from being a Cowboy's fan and agonizingly watching (and critiquing) every game.

Are my Patriots still in the league?

Nobody is talking about them around town.

I miss having Gisele around as much as anything.

I may have had a little geriatric crush on her.

Tommy really fucked up there.

Cowboys fan here. Not a JJ fan. He unceremoniously fired Landry and has been on my bad list ever since. Then his ego couldn't let Jimmy Johnson (who I never disliked...I mean, someone had to replace Landry and it wasn't Jimmy's fault he was the one) have the control he wanted. JJ has proven he's a terrible GM. But all of that doesn't stop me from being a Cowboy's fan and agonizingly watching (and critiquing) every game.

Given the fact that Tom Landry would be 100 years old in September, and was already 65 when he was replaced with JJ, it's all moot now!

There have only been 4 NFL coaches in NFL history that ever squeaked past the 65 YO mark...

Pete Carroll 70 Seahawks 25 years
Bill Belichick 69 Patriots 45 years
Bruce Arians 69 Buccaneers 25 years
David Culley 66 Texans 27 years

I agree that Tom Landry was disrespected in the way he was fired, but, his time was about up, and he knew it, as he was already struggling to win games his last 3 years as head coach.

In 1986 his win loss was 7-9, 1987 he was 7-8, and 1988- his last year was a disappointing 3-13.

In 1989, Troy's rookie year as quarterback under Tom Landry, was brought in on the 4th game of the season, and ended up with a terrible 1-11 season finish.

H.R.Bum Bright was so Bummed out about the losses, he sold the team to Jerry Jones before the 1990 season kicked off in September 1989.

Last edited:
Back