Tour de France

Mott the Hoople

Sweet Jane
Nexstar and NBC suck. Nexstar owns a number of NBC affiliates in the east and Midwest. They are locked in a dispute with Cable and Direct TV and consequently our local NBC affiliate is no longer being provided till the dispute is settled.

This started on the day the Tour de France started which is only the largest annual sporting event in the world.

The real pisser is that this has been the most exciting Tour since Greg LeMond won by 8 seconds in 89. A Frenchman , Jacque Aliphillipe, has stunned everyone by taking the yellow Jersey and keeping it. Yesterday he unexpectedly beat Geraint Thomas in a individual time trial. Today he finished second on the climb up the legendary Tourmalet and dropped Thomas to increase his lead over 2nd place Thomas by 2 minutes. To those unfamiliar with road racing and the grand tours 2 minutes is a huge time gap.

So it’s looking like Aliphillipe could be the First French winner of the Tour de France since 1985 when The legendary Bernard Hinault won his fifth tour. The unexpected has become the expected this year and has made a very exciting race. There is still a week to go and most of the stages are in the high mountains so anything can and probably will.

Regardless Aliphillipe has raced with panache and I’ll be pulling for him. Go LouLou!

Needless to say I’m unhappy with the Nexstar dispute and won’t be watching the local NBC affiliate anytime soon.

Yes, I’m aware I can use an HD antenna to watch my local NBC affiliate but why should I go to the trouble with so many other media outlets available? Screw them.

Needless to say I’m unhappy with the Nexstar dispute and won’t be watching the local NBC affiliate anytime soon.

Yes, I’m aware I can use an HD antenna to watch my local NBC affiliate but why should I go to the trouble with so many other media outlets available? Screw them.

In other words, your laziness is someone else's fault?

Are you saying customers don’t have the right to take their business elsewhere because a service provider is not providing what you paid for? To paraphrase Grind...That’s retarded.
It’s cute that you’re trying to reason with kitty muff.

I didn’t realize it was the largest sporting event in the world. I learned something today, thanks.

Are you saying customers don’t have the right to take their business elsewhere because a service provider is not providing what you paid for? To paraphrase Grind...That’s retarded.

You can take it wherever you want. Just do so and STFU whining, boy.

am I like the only one that uses the word "retarded?" be responsible for your own words mott! :derpmott:

We’ll touch you in the morning and walk away! What you so sensitive about? No one said you were the only one to say that. That’s retarded!

Back