‘Trayvon Martin’ gun range targets sold out in two days

RockX

Banned
wkmg_trayvon_target_120511c-615x345.jpg

A person selling gun range targets modeled after slain Florida teen Trayvon Martin says that their “main motivation was to make money off the controversy.”

WKMG’s Mike DeForest reported on Friday that the unidentified seller told him that the targets “sold out in 2 days.”

“The response is overwhelming,” the seller said.

While the item appears to have been removed from GunBroker.com, a cached version of the page was still available at the time of publication.

Photos of the item, which was titled “10 Pack Trayvon Martin Targets,” showed crosshairs over a hoodie similar to the one Trayvon Martin was wearing when he was shot by neighborhood watchman George Zimmerman in February. The figure has a bag of Skittle in his pocket and is holding what appears to be a can of iced tea, similar to what Martin had purchased before being gunned down. The pack of 10 targets was being sold for $8.

“Everyone knows the story of Zimmerman and Martin,” a description on the targets reads. “Obviously we support Zimmerman and believe he is innocent and that he shot a thug. Each target is printed on thick, high quality poster paper with a matte finish! The dimensions are 12″x18″ ( The same as Darkotic Zombie Targets) This is a Ten Pack of Targets.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/05/11/trayvon-martin-gun-range-targets-sold-out-in-two-days/

American ingenuity. Capitalism.

LOL it has a skittles pack with it. so awesome.

Now you and Webbway can fantasize about killing an unarmed kid. Maybe Billy will let you borrow his Kel Tec RFB and you can get "throbbing erections from carrassing (sic) it" with each other.

bFmJ6l.jpg

I've waited over two years for one to come to market, be available, and at the right price. Finally I got a good enough deal on one at Christmas time and put the order in. And today I got the call, to go pick up my BRAND NEW KEL TEC RFB!

I have it next to me and a throbbing erection from carrassing it.

maybe you should ask angela corey why she prosecuted the case, or the jury why they convicted her? maybe angela corey is a racist with a vendetta against blacks and hispanics.

I know Corey's publicly stated reasons (BTW, she's also the prosecutor in the Zimmerman case).

I'll ask you.

Since you boasted that you'd stand with anyone whose rights were violated, why aren't you standing with Marissa Alexander?

This mother of three, arrested immediately following the incident Aug. 1, 2010, in Jacksonville, nine days after her premature baby was born, was sentenced to 20 long years in prison for discharging her legally owned gun into a wall to scare off her abusive husband.

Marissa is 5'2" tall and weighed 140 pounds at the time of the incident. Gray, whom she is in the process of divorcing, is 6'5", and weighs some 245 pounds.

No one was killed or hurt.

She has no criminal record.

No danger to society, yet she is carted away for two decades.

On the other hand, Zimmerman was arrested in 2005 for assaulting a police officer. He had anger management stipulated by the court. This 28-year-old man with a criminal record, a man who shot and killed a 17-year-old with a single hollow-point bullet through the chest, a teenager whose only "weapons" were a bag of candy and an iced tea, is out on bail.

Marissa was arrested immediately, Zimmerman is out on bail, which was set lower than the amount he had hidden in his PayPal account. Judge Kenneth Lester has not done a thing about his non-disclosure to the court, and the second-degree murder defendant is free to travel...

http://www.allvoices.com/contribute...y-arent-they-this-vocal-for-marissa-alexander

Of course he did...he followed him and ended up killing him. How very vigilante of him. This law only works for some people...without the pressure applied by public opinion Zimmerman would have never been charged. The fact that the 'targets' sold out so quickly indicates the mindset of some 'patriots' who don't like democracy or the fact that we are a multicultural society. We saw this mindset displayed during the Republican debates...very disturbed, hateful people.

Hi Bijou!!

Of course he did...he followed him and ended up killing him. How very vigilante of him. This law only works for some people...without the pressure applied by public opinion Zimmerman would have never been charged. The fact that the 'targets' sold out so quickly indicates the mindset of some 'patriots' who don't like democracy or the fact that we are a multicultural society. We saw this mindset displayed during the Republican debates...very disturbed, hateful people.

Hi Bijou!!

Hey Hai -

Actually, I saw this 'target' story yesterday and thought about posting it, but obviously I didn't need to because here it is...

Did you read about the Marissa Alexander story yet? If not, it will infuriate you, juxtaposed with the Trayvon Martin story and how it's viewed by people who might buy these targets.

I know Corey's publicly stated reasons (BTW, she's also the prosecutor in the Zimmerman case).

I'll ask you.

Since you boasted that you'd stand with anyone whose rights were violated, why aren't you standing with Marissa Alexander?

This mother of three, arrested immediately following the incident Aug. 1, 2010, in Jacksonville, nine days after her premature baby was born, was sentenced to 20 long years in prison for discharging her legally owned gun into a wall to scare off her abusive husband.

Marissa is 5'2" tall and weighed 140 pounds at the time of the incident. Gray, whom she is in the process of divorcing, is 6'5", and weighs some 245 pounds.

No one was killed or hurt.

She has no criminal record.

No danger to society, yet she is carted away for two decades.

On the other hand, Zimmerman was arrested in 2005 for assaulting a police officer. He had anger management stipulated by the court. This 28-year-old man with a criminal record, a man who shot and killed a 17-year-old with a single hollow-point bullet through the chest, a teenager whose only "weapons" were a bag of candy and an iced tea, is out on bail.

Marissa was arrested immediately, Zimmerman is out on bail, which was set lower than the amount he had hidden in his PayPal account. Judge Kenneth Lester has not done a thing about his non-disclosure to the court, and the second-degree murder defendant is free to travel...

http://www.allvoices.com/contribute...y-arent-they-this-vocal-for-marissa-alexander

I love how she merely "discharged" her weapon, rather than, you know, "shot" it, like we always hear of zimmerman.

I would need to hear more about this case. If her husband was actually abusive and she could claim self defense, then yes it's wrong. But what it really sounds like is attempted murder.

"
Corey said the case deserved to be prosecuted because Alexander fired in the direction of a room where two children were standing."

tsk tsk

20 years for shooting a wall in warning to an abusive husband...While Zimmerman killed a kid and walked...'Just Us' in Amerika...yes it's infuriating Bijou.

you can't just look at 2 cases where someone is dead and act like they are the same thing. They are entirely different circumstances and situations.

You usually don't have to feign ignorance. No wonder you suck at it.

Marissa Alexander is an African-American who fired a warning shot in self-defense and got 20 years....as opposed to a George Zimmerman, a man who shot and killed an unarmed African-American teen and didn't get charged with anything for 45 days and is free on bail...and is proclaimed "innocent" by rightwingers who say Trayvon Martin targets are "awesome".

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/05/12/opinion/roland-martin-mandatory-minimums/

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...ot-after-stand-your-ground-defense-fails?lite

Back